“Drinks”

Acropolis Apartments
Ranked #60 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We didn't stay at the apartments but sat at the street bar and had mythos beer and cocktails. My husband loved the egg and bacon. Great snacks and fabulous people. Thank you to myros and the wonderful Maria.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angie K
There are newer reviews for Acropolis Apartments

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Firstly let me say thank you Myros, Vicky, Maria, and the night security man for making our holiday so memorable, your hospitality was fantastic.

Our room, overlooking the pool was more than adequate for our needs

Ginny and I were booked to stay for 11 nights but two days into our holiday our daughter wanted to join us for for a few days. We asked Myros if this would be possible, and without hesitation he replied, of course, all are welcome at the Acropolis.
And so she experienced her first taste of Greek hospitality and now she's hooked on Greece.

Having previously visited 38 other Greek islands, Crete being number 39, i can say that the Acropolis is on a par, if not slightly better, than a lot of other places i have stayed in. It's not luxurious by any standard but then it is clean, neat and very friendly.
The bar and snack prices are comparable with most other places and the service very attentive.

We will certainly return for another holiday soon but this time i will try to not sleep walk naked and find myself locked out of the room and have to ask the night security man to let me back in
But then that's another story lol

Ginny, Harriet and Phil.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are quieter and cooler at night
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Phil S
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The owner was only interested in how mutch money he could make by ripping of holidaymakers.no air condition in 102 degrees if you wanted it you had to pay 7 eurs per day.The appartments had no toaster microwave or ovenhe also charged 8 euro for a bacardi with a dash of cola and you couldnt even taste the alcohol. The staff were all lovely but everything they done had to have his approval the tv was on during the world cup but the volume was turned off.on the good side appartments were cleaned every day and also clean towels wont be back to the accropolis.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
2  Thank Linda M
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just come back from our holiday in Crete and had a fantastic time made much more enjoyable thanks to Myros and Vicky and not forgetting Maria. They are all friendly, helpful, courteous, pleasant and have a great sense of humour. They have to be admired for the hours and effort they put into running the acropolis apartments as well as they do. We were booked into a different apartment at the time of booking but received an email from the tour company changing our accommodation 2 weeks prior to traveling. We are so glad this happened and even though we arrived late at night and had no voucher printed for this apartment it was not a problem for Myros he simply gave us a key and said he would ring them and sort it out. Our room was very large with a lovely view of the pool and balcony plenty big enough to sit on comfortably and we spend a lot of time on our balcony ! The room was cleaned every day, bedding and towels changed regularly and the two girls who did this were very pleasant too. Crete is a beautiful island from the mountains to the beaches and small traditional villages but unfortunately we did not see all we would have liked so we will have to go back next year and see some more. We will certainly go back to the acropolis which is also in a great location for the beach, shops, tavernas, restaurants and bike and car hire. We are certainly looking forward to seeing Myros and his family again soon :-)

Room Tip: Pool view is nice
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Exellent all round. Myros,Vicky, Maria and all the staff are so friendly and helpful.
We first stayed here in September 2013 for 10 days followed by another 10 days in May this year. There are some exellent restaurants in walking distance from the apartments and sandy beaches a short bus ride away. The bar at the acropolis serve good value snacks and drinks all day.
We are planning our third stay here in September and wouldn't hesitate to recommend
the Acropolis apartments to anyone.

Paul Newman

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Paul R
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Everything about my week at the Acropolis was good. I had a one bedroom apartment which was large, clean, and had great air conditioning in the bedroom. Miros and the rest of the staff were very friendly, attentive, and perfect hosts. My apartment was cleaned every day.
I had a couple of breakfasts and afternoon snacks at the Acropolis and enjoyed all of them.
The pool area is a little cramped but I had no problems getting a sunbed.
The location of the Axcroplolis is perfect as it is almost next door to a supermarket and only two hundred yards from the harbour, the beach, bars and restaurants, and the main road where the majority of the shops can be found.
I was hoping for a totally relaxed holiday and that is exactly what I got. I loved my time there and would not hesitate to return in the future.
Thanks Miros, Maria and the rest of the staff for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Jordyjohn
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Our second time at this hotel and I have to say that yet again it didn't disappoint! It's had a fresh lick of paint and was looking good. it's not five-star but it was immaculately clean and the staff and the family that run the hotel could not do enough to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Whenever I come back to this resort, and I will on many more occasions, in the future, I won't hesitate to book this hotel on every occasion and fact I am eagerly looking forward to my next stay with the lovely family who run it! Fab!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014