“Pretty good!”

Ranked #40 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
Preston, United Kingdom
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall a really nice place. We arrived at midnight and although the kitchen and the all-inclusive bar were closed, they had some plates of food for us and gave us a drink. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was varied entertainment every other night. There was never a problem getting a sunbed by the two pools, which were good sized.
The buffet style food wasn't spectacular, but there was always a really good choice, loads of salad and fruit. It was a bit chaotic at peak times though! We ate the evening meal an hour after they opened and it was much quieter.
The wine and spirits in the all-inclusive was a bit ropey but the beer was good!
It's only a five minute walk to the beach and about ten minutes to Star Beach where there are watersports and bars/music ...etc
It's definitely a taxi ride to the harbour and the nightclubs, only 8 Euros though.

Room Tip: It's built on a hill, and the higher up the hill is better - it's a bit breezier and a bit q...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank greasecalfskin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Norrköping
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel was average. It was uplifting, Eva was the dinning area. A friendly and talented staff. A helpful and friendly person.Thank you for this week. Thanks to you Best regards Mari and Örjan from Sweden

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mari C
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came home yesterday after a one week holiday, and both my husband and myself found the hotel and its staff fantastic. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff were very friendly, from the reception staff to the bar staff and restaurant staff. The food was excellent, there was something for everyone. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the cleaning staff were very friendly. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but I think some ppl just like to complain for the sake of it. I think the hotel deserves its 4star status and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank loggie43
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Just arrived home from a 2 weeks stay at the hotel, id like to say that it was a pleasant experience but I don't tell lies! Firstly I will list the good points because it wasn't all bad, for one the bar employees who were situated in the bar area surrounding the pool were very friendly always happy to help and nothing was too much trouble for them... A real asset to the hotel, although all staff weren't this friendly and workingiin a hotel myself this is a key aspect that is needed helpful friendly staff! Another good point was the pools which were both salt water and kept clean, and it was an enjoyable experience with what everyone referred to as the 'noisy pool' there is music played throughout the day at a reasonable level and waterslides running also, it was a lovely pool and I much preferred this pool to the other where everyone was laid staring at each other all day and you couldnt talk much as you felt eyes turning to you as it was so quiet, I suppose this was a nice area for sleeping I suppose, but not my cup of tea, so it was good to have a choice between two pools with different atmospheres. I will move swiftly on to the negative points, when we arrived we were shown to a room with a view onto other balconies and a slight glimpse on the sea which wasnt exactly the seaview we'd paid for but we accepted this as we all thought we aren't going to be in the room too much only at night,we then stayed one night in this room due to the springs coming through the camp bed into my back all night and the fact the aircon didn't work (not exactly a good nights sleep I can tell you especially with young people screaming up and down the staircase all night till 6am I suppose we were near the 'party central' so it's to be accepted, id advise you to try get a room away from the staircase if possible as then you may get some decent sleep) we asked to move and the hotel offered us a room up further which had lovely views of the sea and pools and was kept moderately clean, with linens changed about once a week slightly less than is the norm in hotels I've stayed in, the cleaner was friendly and gave shower gels, soap and shampoo bottles daily in the bathroom with plenty of clean towels supplied, it was nice to have wifi available in the hotel, and being young I do like my social networking sites, I will move onto my main negative and if it wasn't for this I would not have had quite an unenjoyable time, I've stayed in several hotels over the years and you come to accept that the food in the resturants wont be fabulous but edible with a variety to eat, and I spoke to several nationalities and thet all said the same thing there wasnt enough choice, I will now list the whole menu offered at lunch and dinner... Salad, bread, a soup, chips, liver, chicken sometimes, fish which was fatty, pasta with sauce, sometimes some potatos, fatty pork sometimes and for dessert watermelo, orange and icecream.. I mean I wouldnt have mided if there was some more choice as after a few days and nights of the same thing for dinner and lunch began to grate, we chose to eat out in order to eat properly costing a hell of a lot on top of the budget we had assigned for the, but through this we got to experiece some traditional Greek food something that was also lacking from the hotel strange seeing as it's a hotel in greece, the resturant at the hotel was lacking staff contact with guests and felt more like a canteen, on our second to last day we were approached by a waitress who asked if we would like a drink this had never happened in the whole stay and we were taken aback, my family and I arent fussy eaters but the hotel food takes the mick... Anyway I wont be returning as for the amount of money we spent to stay here and the 4* rating they give themselves the hotel is a let down, just before we left we checked out we handed our keys back, the receptionist glared at us then went bye and that was that no did you have a nice stay nothing, suppose maybe they dont want to know or don't care, like a conveyor belt in and out!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank lucy B
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just back from a stay at this hotel. Based on the reviews I'd read was surprised and dissapointed.id been expecting the food to be excellent but found it typical run of the mill buffet you'd expect at a 3star hotel. there was no show cooking , the meat used was generally ,poor ,fatty and cheap cuts.
At the bar they offered one featured cocktail per day ,which again was poor both in content and presentation, no fresh fruit ,premixed and served in a straight glass.

On the plus side the staff were helpful ,reception in particular, and the hotel was immaculately clean.However you do expect a small degree of luxury in a 4star hotel ,in comparison to other 4star hotels this one falls short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wangdoodle
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited this hotel in May of this year and although I had read the reviews before booking it, we were completely taken aback by the number of stairs we had to climb before finally arriving at our room. This property is definitely unsuitable for anyone with any type of mobility or breathing problems.As an all-inclusive destination the hotel lacks choice both in relation to food and drink. \if you enjoy beer then you'll be fine, but there is no choice in spirits, unless you opt for wine or ouzo. The price of branded spirits is well in excess of general UK prices. Bedrooms are basic, but clean and attended to daily. Pool areas require attention. On one occasion following high winds the previous evening I was unable to make use of the main pool due to the amount of debris, insects etc left floating in the pool which was left unattended for a full 24hrs.The entertainment programme was limited with only 1 show scheduled for that week. The hotel is situated quite a distance form the main resort and beach area although the walk along the beach front is pleasant with bars dotted along the way. There is a small water park nearby suitable for families including those with small children. On the plus side the staff in the hotel were wonderful and willing to go out of their way to help in any way they can. There is Wi-Fi available in the main bar and foyer, although access tends to slow to a complete stop later in the evening when usage is greatest. If you are booked into this hotel in the coming months and have any health problems I suggest that you advise your travel advisor and request accommodation suitable to meet your needs. Also bring some form of entertainment as it could be long and difficult if you are there for two weeks with limited entertainment provided.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mrsbmkelly
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed in Mediterraneo in May/June 2013. By my oppinion its the best time to stay on Crete, cause the sun has been hot yet, but not as much as in july/august, so its possible to walk and travel.
Mediterraneo hotel is fantastic. The servis is great, personal is friendly and able to solve problems. Room cleaning is quite good, towels are changed every day and the bedlinen every second day, only the floor was a bit dirty after several days. Hotel's public places are clean.
The food is variable, tastefull and there is always something to choose. To every meal you can take some fruits, during the lunch and dinner there is also the icecream and in the dinner time also something sweet. There are no queues on the bar, cause there is the self servis for non-alcohol drinks and beer. You have to ask for other alcoholic drinks. There is not many variants of drinks included in AI - beer, wine, brandy, raki and ouzo, but i think that this is the problem of whole the Greece...
We stayed there for 12 days and during this time, there was 3 times an animation program - varieté, that was great, saxophone and cretan night.
The beach is about 300 m, but people should count with it if they buy the hotel and have it written everywhere while choosing! By the way, the staff would fill your bottels with water if you want to take it to the beach or to some trip. The beach is sandy and there are waves. We think, that the beach nearest Mediterraneo is the best of all the beaches in Hersonissos, where is the sand more rough and stony. Sunbeds and parasols are payed (about 8 e for 2 sunbeds and parasol!!), but noone care if you lay on the sand.
The hotel is situated between Hersonissos and Stalis, so it is possible to walk to both of them. We found Hersonissos better for the enterteinment and Stalis better to shopping (smaller town=cheeper prices;))

We spend in Crete, also thanks Mediterraneo hotel, the best holidays we ever had!

Room Tip: If you have any problem with moving, tell it to the recepcionist to not give you some room, that you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple