“Good, alternative base for clubbing holiday”
Review of Mediterraneo Hotel

Mediterraneo Hotel
Ranked #46 of 172 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Four of us (all of us aged 21 – 23) recently stayed at the hotel Mediterraneo in Hersonissos, on an all inclusive board basis for a week.

We stayed here from 29th May 2009 for 7 nights.

First impressions were good – we were delayed by 4 hours, so got to the hotel around 1am, and were greeted by Manuel – the night shift receptionist, who gave us some dinner, and explained about the hotel, dinner times, etc…

All inclusive isn’t as you would expect:
Air conditioning is charged at extra €6 per day
Fridge is also an additional €6 per day.

The drinks are the real let down. The only ones available on all inclusive were:

White / red wine
Rosé
Brandy
Mythos (beer)
That’s really the only bad point about this hotel, but for 4 guys, out for a good time, it was pretty restrictive.

The food on the other hand, more than made up for it.
Breakfast was from 7am – 9:30am, lunch i think was from 1pm – 2:30pm and dinner from 7pm – 9pm.
A lot of other reviews moaned about the food, which I’m sure the hotel must of taken note of, as I couldn’t fault it.

There are two pools: One, on the left of the hotel, and one on the right.
We spent every day by the one on the right, as it was much less crowded, less screaming kids, and more sun beds available.
The pools are however, saltwater, which was a bit annoying.

Our rooms were a decent size, double / single beds (one of each in my room – resulted in time share for the double bed)

Malia

The main resort for young brits is Malia.
We stayed at this hotel in order to be out of the mayhem of the main town
This hotel is located a fair way out of the town, which didn’t prove a problem to us, as we simply got a taxi there and back each night. This cost €15 each way, which wasn’t too bad, as somehow we always managed to stay together.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank alexjamesbrown

Reviewed May 27, 2012

To rate this hotel 4 stars is just not real. It is not a 4 star hotel. This is a suggestion to the hotel. Take away the take all food for your self. The way the food is served is half of how it tastes. Get people to sit down, ask them what food they want, and serve them.
WiFi, almost never works. For a hotel that write that they have wifi, I expect it to work on next to every pool area, on every bar. The wifi that they have, looses connection frequently.
The beds.. just as somebody else wrote.. they are extremely hard(some might like it the way, but I guess half way would been better).
The service is very poor. I had air conditioning the first two days.. then it stopped working. I went to the lobby and asked for help. The guy told me.. it is not included... So I told him, ok, I pay. Then I got the answer, can't fix it today(THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE A 4 STAR HOTEL... air conditioner is what I call basics for a hotel).
A old man from Israel got really worked up on the hotel staff. I kept saying.. I booked a 4 star hotel and I got this.. at most 2 stars!! So correct.
My advice if you are going to Crete. Stay in a normal hotel. You want to eat out and enjoy Crete, rather the plastic mugs and an overrated hotel!
I will be back to Crete, but never to an all inclusive again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank ThomasSwede
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The hotel is not bad, the rooms are clean and big, the facility of the hotel are quite good but it doesn't look like a 4 star hotel. The food is also not nice at all. The first day in my room there was a strange noise coming from the electricity switches but I told them and the night after the problem was fixed

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ericapatosa
Reviewed April 22, 2012

my partner and i stayed here in june 2010,never again at this hotel,the smell in the toilets in the reception area smelt terribly,there was maggots in our pasta salad,our room was miles away from anything,the highlight of our holiday was the england v germany football match,lol majority of germans in the hotel, only a few english,so was hilarious when germany beat england and we shouted out argentina argentina argentina lol,the aquapark was funny and so were the local tour trips.was a nice week away but just the wrong hotel.we went to temptation spa cancun in september 2011 and that was superb,

Room Tip: we had a side room view which was a hike up there but great fun when the bikes are zooming past at 4...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We have booked for a 2nd time mediterraneo and we are looking forward to return. Last year we had a relaxing holiday and we met friendly people. This year we plan to explore the island more. Mediterraneo is a good value, clean, friendly and well located. The strongest parts are the panoramic sea view, the size of the rooms, and the restaurant buffet. Pools are good as well but we prefer the beach. Hersonissos is a very live city but we have enjoyed more the villages around like piskopiano and koutoufari.

Room Tip: Sea view, higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hans b
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Thanks to all Mediterraneo staff for great holidays!!! This hotel was the right choise of my all family.
Very cute, nice and cozy hotel. Very attentive, caring and friendly staff guided us during all the staying time there. The room was quite simple but very neat, it had everything we needed. Food delicious, fresh, we were really not hungry any day. Rather, it was so tasty that sometimes we couldn't stop eating...:)
We also enjoyed the water pleasures in the pools and the sea. Traveled extensively, saw all the beauty of the island, so really can't complain about the lack of food, alcohol, entertainment or attention. Hotel perfectly met all our requirements for vacations, so would happy to come back there again and meet all that friendly staff.
I can recommend Mediterraneo hotel for all travelers who want to enjoy their holiday, relax and explore the beautiful island.
Those, who want to spend their holidays in the bar with a glass of vodka and who are not satisfied with anything, better stay at home ...
Thank you again Mediterraneo!!! Our vacation was perfect there!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Zivile N
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We are very pleased with this hotel. A very attentive, polite staff, nice, clean rooms, wireless for free, AC. Food - not much to choose, but a very good taste, fresh. Early breakfast for Santorini or breakfast boxes for Samaria... A very good location - only 10 min to the center, near the beach, near Stalis ... everything is near! 2 swimming pools - though not over-crowded. Evening shows, possibility to rent a car (by the way, if you don't want to rent a car, there is a bus stop close to the hotel, so you can go to Ag. Nikolaos or Heraklion by bus and it is soooo easy!). Recommended to come with kids as staff is very attentive to them, enough space to play.
We had a fabulous stay!