We arrrived late and were greeted by a plate of chilled food and a pleasant receptionist,
which was very good. The next moring, we realised that the hotel was not even a third full. The entertainment has stopped completely and the roof bar was shut off. The gym had mostly broken equipment and the spa pool looked as if it had not been cleaned for days. Leaves were falling from the nearby trees and these fell into the two outside pools which also were not cleaned out daily. Our rep gave us the activities brochure and everything except three things , was crossed off. Two of which were unsuitable for us. Water Parks were closed, bars were wrapping lights and boarding up windows, clubs were shut, in fact as the week went on, more and more places closed and more and more people left the hotel to go home. By the last day of our holiday, the flight was not until evening and we spent the day in our room mostly(the weather had not been brilliant all week) avoiding the staff, who were busy stacking tables and chairs, emptying pools, closing the bar and restaurant and generally preparing the hotel for closure. By now there were only four guests including us left and to say we felt in the way, would be an understatement! After a cooked breakfast, we were left a plate of cold chops and potatoes, some salad and cakes and a mousse, which was the dessert that kept coming out every night without fail. This was to last us until we had a meal on the plane at about 9.30pm.
The receptionist was great and I cannot fault the bar staff and room maids who were also excellent. The location was good, although the hotel did not have a beach area and if you wanted a beach bed and umbrella, you could buy one from the hotel next door. It's just that nothing was going on during our stay. How some families with teenage children managed to keep them entertained, I don't know. I would like to see what it is like in the summer months, as the reviews are all glowing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 100 meters from the nearest beach, Arminda Hotel and Spa is an all-inclusive 4-star hotel located in Hersonissos, Crete. The complex features a variety of water elements: 3 large salt-water pools, 2 separate children's pools, a small water park as well as a splash area. The two types of rooms (double and family) are all equipped with A/C units, 32'' Flat-screen satellite TV, safe, kettle set, refrigerator and a balcony or terrace with pool, Cretan Sea or land views. Each private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Guests at Arminda can enjoy meals in buffet style, at the main restaurant. A variety of drinks and snacks are served at the pool-side Snack bar or at the Votsalo bar. Sport facilities includes tennis court, mini-golf courses, beach volley court, giant outdoor chess, billiards, table tennis as well as a renovated fitness room. A playground and a kids club is also provided for young guests. Massage, nail, face and body therapies, hamam, sauna and hydro massage tub are available at the SPA center, as well as an indoor Jacuzzi pool. Arminda Hotel and SPA is located 2 km from the center of Hersonissos center and 30 km from Heraklion Port. Nikos Kazantzakis International Airport is at 27 km. Free private parking is available at the premises of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arminda Hotel and SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arminda Hotel Hersonissos
- Arminda Hotel And SPA Crete, Greece