We have just returned from a week at the Arminda and found it excellent compared to other all inclusive hotels we have stayed at in Crete!
The choice and quality of food was very good! Every breakfast there was a chef cooking fresh omelettes and pancakes as well as the usual selection and every dinner time he cooked gyros or grilled chicken or kebabs. Our 5 year old, who is very fussy always managed to find something to eat - and enjoyed it! Plus they even serve chips at breakfast - what's not to love? :)
The snack bar was brilliant, open daily from 9-6, it had a very wide choice of snacks and flavoured ice creams. Perfect for the little ones! So basically with the restaurant and snack bar there is some sort of food available 7:30-21:30 everyday. You won't be going hungry in fact the only thing you will need to worry about is whether the seat belt on the plane on the way home will still fit around you!
Drinks are on tap and you just help yourselves to them, a big range of soft drinks. Not much variety
of alcoholic drink in the all inclusive but if you are after a nice chilled beer by the pool rather than getting drunk everyday then it is perfect. Other alcoholic drinks and cocktails are available to purchase separately. If you are a tea drinker then you will need to take some tea bags with you as the ones provided were not nice.
The rooms are nice, there is a fridge and a hair dryer in them. Probably could do with a kettle. The air con is free and works! They were cleaned everyday.
Wifi is available but you have to pay.
All the staff are very friendly!
My daughter enjoyed the kids club. It is mostly German speaking but they did speak English as well so this wasn't a problem and it actually made my 5 year old want to learn a few words in German.
In my opinion the entertainment level was just right. There was some there if you wanted it but it wasn't in your face. For people looking for 'butlins' type entertainment then this probably wouldn't be the right hotel for you.
British people are definitely in the minority here but we didn't find this a problem as most other people put us to shame by being able to speak our language as well as their own.
Location wise, stallis is the nearest town. A wide selection of tavernas, restaurants and shops. All open late so we tended to go in the evening to avoid the hot sun. It was about a 10/15 minute walk or 7 euros in a taxi.
So to sum up - if you want a holiday where you have English food, people speak to you in English, you want to get drunk everyday and you want cabaret entertainment you would probably need to go to butlins or Spain. If you want a nice chilled holiday where you experience different cultures and food, this hotel is perfect for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 100 meters from the nearest beach, Arminda Hotel and Spa is an all-inclusive 4-star hotel located in Hersonissos, Crete. The complex features a variety of water elements: 3 large salt-water pools, 2 separate children's pools, a small water park as well as a splash area. The two types of rooms (double and family) are all equipped with A/C units, 32'' Flat-screen satellite TV, safe, kettle set, refrigerator and a balcony or terrace with pool, Cretan Sea or land views. Each private bathroom is equipped with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Guests at Arminda can enjoy meals in buffet style, at the main restaurant. A variety of drinks and snacks are served at the pool-side Snack bar or at the Votsalo bar. Sport facilities includes tennis court, mini-golf courses, beach volley court, giant outdoor chess, billiards, table tennis as well as a renovated fitness room. A playground and a kids club is also provided for young guests. Massage, nail, face and body therapies, hamam, sauna and hydro massage tub are available at the SPA center, as well as an indoor Jacuzzi pool. Arminda Hotel and SPA is located 2 km from the center of Hersonissos center and 30 km from Heraklion Port. Nikos Kazantzakis International Airport is at 27 km. Free private parking is available at the premises of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Arminda Hotel and SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arminda Hotel Hersonissos
- Arminda Hotel And SPA Crete, Greece