Stayed here for one week - departing August the 13th. We stayed in room 21 and although the bathroom wasn't very nice and the shower a nightmare (leaked all over the floor after each shower) the room was spacious with all the things needed and a cute courtyard out front. On arrival the staff could not have been more helpful we were told about the local information over a complimentary drink!
The villas are located half way up a hill, which I have to say, is the perfect location as you are half way between two VERY different places! At the bottom of the hill you have what can only be described as Blackpool with the sun! It was busy and full of idiots, shop ranging from sex shops to beautiful jewellers and plenty of bars and restaurants (some nice, most not), however fear not, because up the hill (at the top, left and right) is a completely different holiday. There is a beautiful strip with traditional restaurant (so many you couldn't visit them all in a month) along with this there is a range of bars and shops! We ate up here nearly every night and although it is not by the sea you have got a stunning view of the town. One if the best nights we had was on our final night, when we went to the old town (top of the hill, walk right and just keep going, on and on for about 25 minutes until you hear the music) there is a small square that comes alive every Monday night where there is live music, plate smacking, dancing and all the food you could possibly eat. A tricky amazing Cretan night!!!! - a must!!!
Coming back to the hotel another enjoyable night was when we the staff threw a weekly FREE night where the food, music and drinks were plenty full!? Overall we have had a fantastic holiday! A perfect little find in a exclave location! I would definitely recommend these villas to friends and family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between the center of hersonisos, famous for the busy nightlife, and the traditional village of Koutouloufari is our property. It is placed in an ideal location that gives access to both directions and meanwhile it's peaceful with nice views to the mountain and the beach.The small amount of rooms(17 rooms) along with our commitment to our guest's pleasure makes this place ideal for people who like to meet people on their holidays and have the feeling of living in a small Greek community.Our pool area is set next to a pool bar that provides cold drinks and homemade food based on our local culture, using Cretan products and vegetables from our own garden. The hotel was built 28 years ago and it's been passed from the parents to the children to continue the traditional family business.Almost every week we cook complimentary food for our guests to join and share our Greek philosophy.All ages are welcome but our statistics say that couples often prefer staying with us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Papadakis Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Papadakis Villas Hotel Chersonisos
- Papadakis Hotel Hersonissos
- Papadakis Villas Crete, Greece