Papadakis Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Creta Maris Beach Resort(Hersonissos)
$179
Mediterraneo Hotel(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
$101
$87
  • Breakfast included
Hersonissos Maris Hotel and Suites(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
$67
$65
Creta Blue Suites(Koutouloufari)
$93
$194
  • Breakfast included
Albatros Spa Resort Hotel(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
$73
$70
  • Restaurant
Village Heights Golf Resort(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
$24
$134
$130
All reviewsfat frogkostas mariabbq nightcretan breakfastrooms are basicweekly bbqperfect hostsmeet other guestssmall complexlovely friendsself cateringup hillgreat holidaythe cleaning ladygreek stylemain resortwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Maria and Kostas made us very welcome for our first stay here. Apartments are good basic units, which suits us, although I would have liked a toaster. They are kept very clean, the beds are firm but comfortable, and there is a happy vibe through the whole complex. As others have said, in a very convenient situation for walking down into Hersonissos or up to Piskopiano, Koutouloufari and Old Hersonissos. We would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room which gave a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pearlpoppy
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Papadakis Villas, is a great place to stay In Hersonissos. Apartments are nice and clean with an amazing view from everywhere. Only five minutes to walk down to the town of Hersonissos where you can find everything your heart desires and five minutes to walk up to the mountain where the village Piscopiano is with the most nice restaurants and bars. The villas are in a fantastic area not far from anywhere. The atmosphere is perfect, Kostas the owner is a legend, great guy! All the staff fantastic. The pool area and the pool bar great. Everything is great there, I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank StratosKanas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here with 7 friends in Aug 2012, I was a little take back at first how small the site was however i found the walk to my apartment to be beautiful besides the steps. The apartment was small but i found it to be endearing after a while. I must admit I hated the shower / wet room for the whole 2 week stay, the lock was broken on the door but for the price of the room I wasn’t complaining. Maria and Costa were very friendly and the food was also cooked fresh, very tasty and priced well. Bill ran the bar at night, we found him to be very friendly and very moody thought-out our stay. The pool is small but we found as the site is small you don’t really have to fight over it. This hotel is brilliant to meet people at, during our stay we made friends with most of the guests in the fat frog bar, The weekly BBQ's help ( completely free ).

The hotel is on a hill so not great for people with mobility issues in many ways this is the perfect place. If you go down the hill you will find the beach, many many bars for all tastes, lovely restaurants a free pool bar and much more, walk up and you will find a beautiful village with lovely gift shops and great restaurants.

I loved my stay in Crete and I honestly can not wait to go back, Would i stay at Papadakis again - Yes!

Room Tip: Be careful with the hosts outside the bars they will try to get you into their bar and get alittle offended when you don't ( try not to speak to them), this also happens at the restaurants. There are so truely amazing restaurants here so choose wisely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Jenna B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at these apartments in Oct 2012, If you have stayed in Greece before you will know that accommodation there is very BASIC.
They are very clean, have nice fresh bedding and towels every other day.
2 rings to cook on,no oven, a kettle. no toaster or microwave.
In a good position 10 min walk down the bank from the main resort and 10 min walk up the bank to the old Villages.
safe deposit box is 20 euros for the week and air con is 7 euros per day!
A very tiny pool just big enough to cool down in.
If you do not like cat's be aware that there a few resident cat's that enter your apartment as soon as you open your door! obviously they have been fed by other people.
I can not say anything bad about these apartments but would not stay there again, I would look for a better equipped place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dais2sam
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Firstly I am writing this review a little late, as myself and girlfriend had the pleasure of staying here a while back (May 2012) and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to heap more praise on the place!

We were struggling to find a place to go away this year let alone finding the money to be able to fund it! Each holiday we looked at seemed so expensive and didn't seem to represent value for money,even though we were prepared to go away just before the summer season begun. However, after an extensive search we had the fortune of finding the Papadakis Villas which seemed to tick all the right boxes. Good Trip Advisor reviews, excellent Price (we booked to stay in a double room for a week in May for £60!) and reasonably priced flights. Knowing the price we had paid, I think it was fair say we were happy to be going on holiday but didn't have high expectations of what could be waiting for us. Thankfully we were pleasantly surprised.

However, my only concern prior to leaving was how we would get from the airport to the Papadakis Villas. As this wasn't a package holiday with transfers included, I decided to do a bit of research and shop around using the various websites that offer transport. To my surprise they were a little more expensive than I had anticipated so we both agreed that upon arriving at the airport we would trust the public transport to get us to the Apartments. This was a fantastic idea and I can't recommend it highly enough as it cost us about 3 Euros each to get there and the same back to the airport at the end of the holiday! Total coast of transfer for 2= 12 Euro's. Bargain! Upon leaving the Airport, turn right until you reach the road, cross the road and the other side will be a bus stop. Wait for the bus to Malia, ask to get off at Spar in Hersonissos. Once there you have two options: Taxi to Papadakis Villas (at the cost of 6-8 Euro) or a 10/15 minute walk to the Papadakis Villas but do bear in mind if you have a lot of luggage it may be an effort as the Villas are located up a fairly steep hill! However, should that not put you off, simply walk a couple of minutes up the road (the way you are facing when the bus drops you off) from Spar and when you see a Kebab shop called 'Pita Point' turn right and walk up the hill. Continue past the Football pitch until you see a mini roundabout, walk left up the hill for a couple of minutes then you will see the sign for the Fat Frog bar which is where the Villas are located! Easy!

We were greeted by the co owner Kostas, who proceeded to show us to our room and explained they had a big storm the night before so we would have to wait a while for any power. Whilst this didn't cause us any immediate bother, we did wonder when it would be sorted so we decided to get out and explore the area. On our return, we were informed by Kostas we had power back and once again he was very apologetic. The room itself was fairly basic but is decorated nicely and we had everything we could have needed for a weeks stay. A few other guests made the observation that the self catering facilities were a little inadequate but I would have to disagree. There were times when we chose to eat in and managed to cook curries and pasta dishes, using ingredients from the local supermarkets which in my opinion were of good quality and reasonably priced. The small 'gardens' surrounding the apartments were pretty and the whole place was very well kept. There is a small pool which is adequate enough to swim a few lengths but was fairly deep, maybe not ideal for young children.

Personally, I would say the ideal way to see and explore Crete would be to hire a car, get yourself to the excursions and cut out the 'middle men' excursion agencies. There is so much to see and do in Crete, I would highly recommend viewing the 'things to do' Trip Advisor page for Crete as it will give you an idea of what there is for you. Unfortunately, we were let down by the excursion agency numerous times which resulted in us missing out on doing some of the things we wanted to do. Papadakis Villas is a fantastic location as you are within walking distance of Hersonnissos shops and up the hill are the beautiful villages. Whilst, there isn't much to do in the villages up the hill, they are ideal for lovely walks and eating out. We found the restaurants in the villages were of a better standard than down the hill in Hersonnisos. Also, a MUST is to view the local aquarium, a ten minute walk from the Villas, check them out on Trip Advisor 'things to do', they have very good ratings which is well deserved for their hard work.

Overall we left feeling very happy with the whole experience and encourage Kostas and Maria to continue doing what they do best as it is clearly working. Their hospitality is second to none and the free BBQ they put on is a very generous touch. I would say if you want good value for money, with little emphasis on luxury, and the opportunity to visit a beautiful place then Papadakis Villas is definitely for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple