All reviewsfat frogfree barbecuebbq nightrooms are basiccretan breakfastweekly bbqother guestssmall complexup hillself cateringhappy daysgreat holidayfantastic hostsair conthe cleaning ladygreek stylemain town
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We have been travelling abroad for some 25 years but never had hosts so willing to make your stay a memorable one Kostas & Maria will give fair reviews on places to eat and visit help with car bike hire so you are getting quality rentals and insurance cover; My view on the rooms is if you are expecting the hilton you will be let down but for me and my wife they were perfect good hot shower with plenty of power, fridge 2 rings sink and kettle good bed and Sophia the maid works hard to keep us sparkling; The pool good to cool off which is what you need all clean and good loungers the bar is managed by Maria and Kostas by day (Maria makes a quality english) leave room for the odd fruit salad with yougurt and honey and chicken wraps evenings after 5pm a gentleman named Bill takes on bar duties where he will encourage you to have a drink or three with the odd raki thrown in Bill you rock man, Air conditioning available at extra cost well worth it ;You will also be mad to miss the BBQ which is one good evening to mingle and make more friends as this will happen here; We feel we got what we paid for plus; We made some more friend Kostas Maria Bill Sophia you are the dream team keep up the good work
All the very best till we see you again thank you for the best holiday ever Ian & Sandra

Room Tip: 20 I`ve been there
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sandra r
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I took a break from the usual holiday formats and opted to go 'off-piste' with friends. The main reason for chosing Papadakis Villas after the very reasonable cost was the T/A reviews. Whilst always a little sceptical of the some of the glowing reports I read, it really lived up to its positive billing. The location is ideal - close enough to the main shopping area and restaurants in Koutelafari without being overwhelmed by either. Kostas was spot-on with his recommendations on the latter and Maria was instrumental in refuelling us the following morning with her delicious breakfasts! On the occaisions we returned to the Fat Frog after dinner, the legendary Bill was always on hand to keep things on the lively side (aided by the Raki!). Thank you Bill! A thoroughly relaxing hassle-free holiday with genuine hosts. Testament to that was the barbecue on the Wednesday evening in which we mixed openly with their friends and family. The very friendly environment also encouraged more interaction with the guests and we certainly left Papdakis Villas with fond memories and many new friends. Thank you Kostas and Maria - see you both again soon.
Yamas!
Pete & Alyson

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank PetalCymru
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend stayed at papadakis for two weeks! When we arrived Maria met with us in the bar for a free beer explained abit about the apartments and the area which I thought was great as she was very knowledgable! We were taken to our room which was in the courtyard area the room was exactly what we wanted basic but clean to a high standard. The location is great as you can get to the beach easily the best beach is the one to the left, ask Kostas he will explain its easy to find.

We stayed for the free food BBQ night which was amazing loads of food and shots of Raki which were supplied by Bill the best bar man in Crete! If you stop for a cocktail at the bar and it's not on the menu just ask and Bill will make it! Bill also supplies some entertainment after a few Rakis which Is worth sticking around for!! Also the maid came in our room neally every other day emptied the toilet bin and twice a week changed the bedding which I thought was very good for what we paid!

Whilst we were at papadakis we had light bulb which went out in our room we spoke with Bill & Kosta and it was changed that day no problem.

We checked the reviews on here before we went an thought this is too good to be true and we were glad to find out all the positive reviews were spot on! We will return here again I hope in the near future.

Also we met some great people on
holiday from the UK again you know who you are. Tom & Lisa :)

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Toprealreview
Reviewed July 26, 2012

For the last 5 years we have been doing the All Inclusive package holidays because it suited our needs being a family of 5. This year my two eldest children decided that they didn't want to come so we decided to try something a little different. Having made the decision to try out a family run apartment in Crete, we did some research on Trip Adviser and found the Papadakis Villas Apartments. The thing that sold it for us was the positive reviews regarding the hospitality from Kostas, Maria and Bill. I can tell you all now - whatever I write on here is not enough to give them the credit that they deserve for giving the complete holiday experience. I now have 3 people who I am happy to call friends...! The apartments are basic, but they are clean and well maintained. There is air conditioning and a safe and these cost extra but hey, the rooms are so cheap they have to make a bit of money somewhere. You have your own balcony area with a couple of chairs and a table to relax and watch the sun go down. The pool is small but serves its purpose, which is to cool you down when you’re relaxing on a lounger in the sun. There is the Fat Frog Bar area which Kostas and Maria man in the day and Bill at night. Maria makes a superb English and Cretan Breakfast and my daughter loved her Sweet Chilli chicken wraps. The apartments are well situated to go exploring the village of Koutouloufari which is at the top of the hill or the busy main strip at the bottom. Now for the good bit - Kostas, Maria and Bill. These guys are the most amazing people who will go out of their way to assist in any way that they can. They will recommend the best places to eat and visit to try to ensure you have a very pleasant experience and then there is Bill, with his shots of tsikoudia (Cretan Raki). I could go on and on and on because all three are Amazing!!! We came out here with 2 other families but we left with many more friends because of the friendly atmosphere that is created, especially BBQ night where Kostas plays host. On a final note, as we all know the Greek economy is not in great shape and the people are going through some difficult times. Loans are difficult to obtain so a small family run business like this could be particularly vulnerable. However, Kostas and Maria put an awful lot of what they earn back into the business to try and make it even more enjoyable for all those families who return each year. (We will be one of them)
If you are expecting rooms like the Ritz then don't come here because you are going to be disappointed. However, if you want to chill out and make new friends and be entertained by people who really care then this is the place for you!!!
I have made a lot more friends as a result of coming here. (You all know who you are)
Iechyd da
Andre & Deb
x

Room Tip: The first floor is hot in July and you will definitely need air con whereas, you may not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Andre1171
Reviewed July 26, 2012

just back from crete,papadakis villas, were i always go.As usual every body relaxed and enjoying there self,not wanting to go home, but planing there next trip back Big thanks to Kostas Maria and bill for there grate hospitality.Martin ta

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo