“The bad reviews are all true, 1st hand experience”

Simple Hotel Hersonissos Sun
Ranked #140 of 172 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August. I have never been that bothered about where I lay my head having stayed in all sorts of camp sites, hostels, travel inns, hotels, friends floors etc. over the years but this place is the worst ever. I can't really say too much more than what has already been said. Very dirty, terrible food, busy main road, no toilet roll or soap, inhospitable owner. I could go on but it's all on here already and believe it - it is all true I'm afraid. One thing I would say is that this used to do Club 18-30 type holidays. The notices are still on the back of the bedroom doors. This is the first year it has has tried turning into a family hotel doing "all inclusive". Whoever is responsible has got it horribly wrong and you will not get what you normally expect from an all inclusive holiday. No bar staff during busy times and a mouthful of beer in a half pint glass. Lidl soft drinks and goodness only knows where the wine is from served from an old Lidl pop bottle. Loads of people including us spent extra money eating out as the food was inedible. For what we paid I wasn't expecting 5 star. I wasn't expecting it to be the filthiest dump I have ever stayed in either, but it was. Plus points - the other guests who we shared horror stories with about the state of the rooms and the 2 bar guys - Danny and George.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this hotel.
2  Thank TAMcD66

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed in Vasso for 2 weeks in July (8th-22nd). I paid a small amount of money for room and for all inclusive services and I really had a great time. People there try their best on service and hospitality. I really enjoyed the meals we were served there, especially dinner. Pool bar was 24 hours open and bar staff were awesome people, made me feel like I was home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill J
Reviewed October 1, 2013

hello ,

We stayed in vasso from 6th till 10nth of September. Had a really good time me and my mates, clean rooms, good service , nice pool bar area and delicious food , All inlusive was way much better than we were expecting even though we paid so little money!!!Location of the hotel was perfect as it is only 2 minutes walking from the city center and 5 minutes walking from the beach road (were clubs and pubs are). We are going back there next year, for sure!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank george M
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a fortnight in August. All the other poor reviews for this hotel have already made the main points. Yes it was very dirty and in 2 weeks although we had clean sheets and towels 3 times the room was not cleaned once. (The bin in the bathroom was only emptied about 4-5 times - disgusting.) The food was indeed awful and brought in a Smart car from some kitchens down the road - photos have already been posted of the Smart car showing it's condition. No one at the bar before meal times when people were drifting back from the beach etc. because the barman was out getting the food. No desert only melon. Ran out of beer 3 times. No hot water for 2 days - thought that was bad until another couple told us they didn't have a toilet for 2 days!! Toilet rolls were like gold dust even in the public toilet. No soap anywhere. Electric sockets hanging off the walls and light fittings taped up. The hotel owner did not want to know if you had a complaint - he has no idea of hospitality. One couple were complaining and it got rather heated. The owner threatened to call the police!! He got down on his hands and knees in the bar and put his hands together like he was praying - he said if I call the police you will be like this to me!! The hotel may be in a good location in that it is only a short walk from the Strip but to get there you have to cross the busy main road outside the hotel with maniac traffic coming at you from three directions. The pool is at the front of the hotel and the entrance is straight onto this main road with no gate. Nightmare for those with kids. There was a sense of comradeship amongst the guests staying there in that we were all in the mess together - even though we didn't all speak the same language. No choice but to try and make the best of it and have a laugh. Met some lovely folks from all over who helped to make it fun - and it was awful - but funny. Would like to say that the only redeeming thing was the staff. George & Danny at the bar and Manos the manager who we felt very sorry for trying to do his best with his hands tied. They were great and understood our frustrations and tried their very best for us with the limited resources they had available to them. Thanks guys and to all the other great folks we met who had also "thrown their money out of a window".

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel.
1  Thank jpmtaf
Reviewed September 22, 2013

why does trip advisor state over 100 rooms when they don't even have 40? Many people arriving did not have a bed we were one of the lucky ones. Hygiene food + service was almost non - existent. This was the pub with no booze and meals on wheels-really dire. DONT GO TO THESE ROOMS!!!

Room Tip: just don't use this place but rooms on second floor at the back seem best of a bad bunch
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marksmum
Reviewed September 20, 2013

staying at the vasso hotel supposedly all inclusive? within one hour of arriving we contacted our tour operated as we were not happy with the conditions, as it was not near the standards we expected. It was very unhygienic because nothing was cleaned, the hotel was full of fleas and dirt was everywhere. During our stay our room was not cleaned once not even on arrival was our room clean.The pool was also very dirty and many people did not go in the pool because of its condition. Fellow guests at the hotel said the same. It was not worth the money to be all inclusive in this hotel since there was not a kitchen, the food was imported on the back of a car and brought into the hotel to make things worse there was no heaters for the food so if you did not eat it when it arrived it would be cold but it was uneatable anyway since it was always undercooked or very dry. the wine was served in plastic bottles and did not taste nice.simple things such as towels were not supplied in our room neither was toilet roll. To make matters worse the boiler broke down and we did not have hot water for two days.

our tour operator informed us that the manager of the vasso hotel would not return our money and we would have to pay extra for alternative accomadation, after this the manager was not happy about the complaints, he was very intimidating and he seemed very explosive towards us, leaving us to feel afraid not knowing what could happen in a strange area so far from home.we were then told by other guests that they had also been turned down alternative booking and he was even accepting bookings and there money when rooms were not available

the manager took the fuse out of the electric so we could use our air conditioning which we paid extra money for (80 euros). He also visited the rooms as he pleased this was very frighting as he did not have a set time and he did this to all the rooms.

After many complaints he tried to put things right i.e he cleaned the pool etc. soon after he became very angry and due to all the complaints he told us we have 5 minutes to leave the hotel or he was throwing our things out himself. this was on the 8th aughast.

I have been on many holidays but this has been by far the worst experience I have ever had and it even cost more than any other holiday I have ever been on since we had to buy our own food and even pay for alternative accommodation.

Room Tip: dont go to this flea pit
2  Thank kelly_nd_ken
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the ariane hotel & got moved at 5 am in the morning jumped in this mans car to take us to vasso hotel we went into a bedroom with six beds & there were spiders & fleas all over hotel rooms have never been clean only came in once to make the beds no shower curtain water all over the place & the food was a disgrace you had to go straight away to eat it or it would be cold there was pork & lumpy turnip & potatoes what was never cooked the pool was dirty same with the sunbeds they made the wine & beer them selves & they were going to the water fountain with bottles to fill it up with the water only served drinks till ten o clock & there was a tramp coming in with black feet & long hair helping himself to food & getting vodka & beer & we weren't allowed no vodka one word JUST DON'T BOOK THIS HOTEL it's a disgrace & the staff are a disgrace never helpfull at all had a great laugh with some people from Newcastle Lisa Paul & Irene don't book this it's like a prison

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Tomdixon27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Hotel Agrabella
#72 of 172 in Hersonissos
Porto Village
Porto Village
#92 of 172 in Hersonissos

Been to Simple Hotel Hersonissos Sun? Share your experiences!