See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed at Paul-Eva 2 times now, first in 2010 and then again this summer, 2012. Koutouloufari is a charming village, about 1 km up from Hersonissos and the seaside. The view is fantastic - the sea in front, and the mountains in the back. The apartments are locatet just outside the village, with only a couple of minutes to walk down to the main streets. It's very quiet and peaceful. The studios are spacious and clean, with airconditioning, safe, TV, private bathroom and a small kitchenette. There are also small balconies outside, or terraces on the ground floor. In the back, facing the mountains, there's a small swimmingpool and some sun beds. The studios are built like a Greek village, surrounding a small garden. The owners, Eva, Pavlos and Manolis, are all living there, and availeble most of the time. Either on site or at the car rental office in the village. This is the friendliest and nicest family in Crete!
In the village you find restaurants, bars, supermarkets, car rental etc - everything you need.
This is a very good alternative for a good price, as long as you are not looking for a luxury hotel. Here you live amongst the locals, but are still close to everything you need to have a graet vaction!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Kristin P
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My friend and I have spent lovely days off. The place is quiet, well settled with a beautiful swimming pool. The room is charming with all necessary equipments (air conditioning, little kitchen, big shower). Closed to town, you can also appreciate the quiet of this place. The owners are lovely and always available. We enjoy beside the greek food as there is a big avenue down the house with restaurants which will propose you typical menu from the Island. We have enjoyed a lot and this for a cheap price. Thanks to Eva, Paul and their son Mano :) We will be back again. Karine

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Kukuschka
Katsoulakis E, Υπεύθυνος Δημοσίων Σχέσεων at Paul-Eva Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review Karin. We hope we see you again in the near future. You were so right about the music you suggested, Besides, Vinnies garden is missing you too :)

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I was in Crete with a friend for 5 days. At first we thought of Chersonissos for its good location and accessibility. But after looking for places to stay, it was clear to us we wouldn't find anything budget friendly without adjusting our requirements... So we would rather stay uphill than down in the centre. Afterwards we would be so grateful for that.

First I was a little afraid of the distance. It is about 1km uphill of Chersonissos. But it turned out to be a great, vibrant and picturesque village with lots of cosy restaurants and shops. It was a nice contrast to the noisy and unpersonal Chersonissos. It was so charming we hardly went to chersonissos itself.

The room was very spacious and equipped with airconditioning, a tv, a safe and furniture. The bathroom (private) was clean and completely tiled. And it had a nice big shower to. The kitchenette has two cooking-stoves and basic cooking utensils. So the kitchenette is great for making breakfast or a small lunch. But with all those great restaurants in the village you don't want to be cooking on you holliday anyways... ;-)
There is also a nice private balcony overlooking the courtyard or the swimmingpool. It is great for having a peaceful breakfast in the morning. I think some even have seaview.

To be clear, this is not a fancy-decorated luxury apartment. It is built in the greek traditional style in white and blue. But it is clean, spacious and has a personal atmosphere!! I think it is the best value for money you can get!!!

The owners are very friendly and always at your service. We found them on their website (pauleva.com) and they were very helpful. You should check it out!

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank femke_10

Thank you for your review. I remember while driving you in the village how amased you and your friend were and your excitement was enough for me to know you would have a splendid time. We will be very happy to see you again in the near future

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I booked a week's stay after a friend recommended this place but because of the VERY low price I was a bit worried about what kind of establishment this would be. It turned out that I was wrong and my friends absolutely right!

First of all I need to establish that this is NOT a luxury boutique hotel. If that is what you want don't come here because you will ruin everybody's fun. This is a complex of white studios with blue shutters and doors and pink boukamvelia trees. The property has its own swimming pool (with an actual deep end). The rooms inside are spacious, air-conditioned, have a kitchenette with fridge to do your own cooking or prepare breakfast.

It's true that the furniture does seem a bit dated. However, the matresses, sheets, pillow cases and towels are spotless. The rooms are cleaned twice a week but Eva is more than happy to provide extra towels or sheets if necessary. This is a family run hotel and we even rented a car (a brand new fiat) for the week we stayed at an equally low price. Concidering that we had travelled at the peak of the holiday season this was a pleasant surprise.

Koutouloufari is a great little village with a main street lined with restaurants and bars. The village has character and is ideal for families and for the laid back. If on the other hand the club scene is your thing Hersonisos bedlam-drink and dance till you drop- is a 15 min walk down hill or a 3min drive. Ask Manolis (the son) to steer you in the right direction.

What we found amazing was that during our stay, we met 2 couples, one from Holland and another from Germany, who had come to stay for their 10th year and had become friends of Paul and Eva rather than customers. Finally what really put a smile on my face was the fact that after a wonderful holiday at Paul & Eva's I paid for room and car rental for one week what I would have paid for 3 days. That is what I call REAL VALUE for my money!

Recommended? Hell yes!

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Ectoras_gr

Thank you so much for your review my friend. We will gladly accomodate you again on your next visit

Reviewed September 15, 2009

Back again, and still as fantastic as ever.
Paul and Eva are wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble for them. We spent long days lounging around the pool, and even hired a car from them at a minutes notice from their care hire company "Orion". Manolis, their sun picked us up from the airport and dropped us of, when we sent our flight details.
Our daughters are going, next week again as they enjoyed it so much the last time they went - so it is a place to stay for all ages.

Highly reccommended.