Imperial Belvedere
Sunshine Village(Hersonissos)
Marni Village(Koutouloufari)
Sunrise Apartments(Koutouloufari)
View Hotel
All reviewstoastiessnack barblue barstar beachfamily roomolympic poolanimation teamair consaladper daykids poolsalt waterice creamplenty of sunbedslarge hotelevening entertainmentsized pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Have just returned from the imperial me and my partner went with a group of friends check in was quick rooms were clean and spacious to be fair the whole of the hotel was very clean . food was good we booked the Italian restaurant one evening don't bother a big let down it was like being in a snack bar .down side plastic cups in both bars and no cocktails on the all incl and you had to pay for freshly squeezed orange juice and not allowed to fill your bottle with water not suitable for people with walking difficulties plus side lovely views brilliant swimming pools and an amazing childrens pool and with walking distance to the beautiful village of koutaloufari but a good holiday was had .lastly I have to mention the barmaid irini she is by far the best barmaid I have ever come across she is a credit to the hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janice W
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Reading some of the previous reviews of this hotel, you might be panicking that you've made a poor choice. Chill !! You'll be fine.
I'd agree that it isn't four star but for the price you are likely to pay you can't expect the Ritz.
It's clean, the food is OK, and our room was serviced every day. It's a ten minute walk down to the main street and five to the top tavernas in the village behind it.
To answer some of the moans I've read here:-
1) Too many stairs -- try using the lifts!!
2) You have to drink from small plastic cups:- Ah, diddums. This is for safety and by the pool only. And you could get two at the same time..
3) The food is repetitive -- So you're telling me that you dont have the same meals over the course of a week at home?

Finally, the Animation team are great and work hard. I particularly liked a song that they danced to and e-mailed the hotel on return to the UK today for the name of it. By return I got a link to the You Tube page with the song on it.

As I said before. Chill out, enjoy your holiday and appreciate a very nice hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Britrayfan
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last week from 1st-8th of June 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would love to come again.

Upon arrival, despite arriving at 5am, we were greeted with friendly reception staff and help with our luggage to our room. All of the reception staff were polite and helpful throughout the whole of our stay and were always happy to help. Our room was very basic, I was expecting a little more from it to be honest, but it wasn't a big deal. It was throroughly clean and had a lovely view. It could of done with tea and coffee facility and a more up to date TV.
The food, like many other reviews have stated, is ok. It weren't the best food that I've had at a 4* all inclusive but it was satisfactory, and there is definitely something to satisfy everyone! The waiting staff are courteous and very polite.

The only main problem that I encountered with this hotel is that although it is in an excellent location (close to beach, shops, and restaurants), it is also located on a very steep hill! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who has back or knee problems, or who isn't physically fit. I consider myself to be in good shape but I was struggling at times. It's not only located on a steep hill, but there are also loads of stairs everywhere which can be a bit frustrating at times especially in the intense heat. I think I read somewhere that transport was available up and down the hill for those in need of it, however I recall seeing an elderly lady with a zimmer frame struggling to walk up it.

Besides this, the Imperial Belvedere is an excellent hotel, great service, and there are many facilities available. Me and my boyfriend got massages and were frequent users of the sauna and all of the swimming pools. We booked all of our excursions through the hotel too as it was a lot less hassle, and the reception staff explained them all to us thoroughly. I would recommend going to Chryssi Island, Acqua Plus Water Park, and the day trip to Santorini (its 100 Euros but is worth it if you have never been before!!)

There are a lot of Eastern European and German guests here, it wasn't a problem for us as we're not much of a social couple, but its something to note down if you were hoping to meet other Brits here.

Overall, we loved our stay at Imperial Belvedere Hotel, thanks a lot to all the staff for providing excellent customer service to us, hope to see you again soon.

If anyone wants to know anymore information, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to reception if you want the WiFi to work in your room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ClarissaElena
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Animation team - excellent, amazing with the kids, mini club perfect for my 5 year old and evening entertainment was different but worth watching particularly their comedy nights!!
Pools - amazing, lots to choose from, always free sunbeds even during half term (no charge for beds or brollies as we expected so that was nice). Only criticism would be better cleaning of pool and surrounding area as one corner of small pool side was filthy for more than a week despite me reporting it. Also very cold until sun out and temp
Restaurant - always found good good food to eat for whole family including fussy kids in first week. Half term week service and quality dropped as got busy and also got a bit repetitive but overall pretty good.
Snack bar - divine fries and ice-cream but needed more variety and again service slow and seemed disorganised during half term.
Rooms - pretty good, comfy beds, storage and space to move. We were in room 307 garden/sea view.
Value excellent due to 2 free child spaces as went with in-laws.
Negatives - hated the smoking in the Blue bar so didn't use it which was a shame as it was a lovely bar. Same with smokers at pool bar in evening when ordering drinks not an enjoyable experience at all.
Objected to their Greek gala evening every Wednesday night for 18 euros each which shut off the evening entertainment and a whole bar!! Leaving only place to go of Blue bar which was heaving or indoor lobby bar in sister hotel which was ok but hot indoors.
Overall not a bad place and actually had a fantastic holiday and lovely break but needs some improvement to really be a true 4 star hotel

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Teamcleave
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The staff were excellent and tried to accommodate our large group of 24 people. The rooms were basic (Travel Lodge type) We did not have a divided room but 1 large room having a double bed and 2 single beds suitable for children. Rooms cleaned thoroughly every day with clean sheets and towels daily. The food was excellent for absolutely hundreds of guests. Enough variety and volumes to cater for everybody. The downside for me was the copious amount of steps between all the many levels between the pools. Our room 453 and was central to the pools....least amount of stairs!! The kids mini disco at 8.30pm was good...the adult entertainment at 9.30 was mediocre but enjoyable as the evenings were lovely to sit out and with the free alcohol and smokers not discriminated against everyone had an enjoyable time. I was first given a room facing west (VERY hot) and no views. We were moved after 2 days to a sea facing room with a cool balcony. You must ask for these things when booking. I congratulate the hotel for ticking all the boxes in making it a brilliant holiday.

Room Tip: The hotel is built on many different levels as its built on a mountain. Our level was -1and was well suited for all amenities. The complex is enormous and not suitable for people with very young children or the elderly. I definitely would have liked a resort nearer the beach. There was a free shuttle from the hotel to the beach 3 times a day.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family