Imperial Belvedere
Sunshine Village(Hersonissos)
Marni Village(Koutouloufari)
Sunrise Apartments(Koutouloufari)
View Hotel
All reviewstoastiessnack barblue barstar beachfamily roomolympic poolanimation teamair consaladper daykids poolsalt waterice creamplenty of sunbedslarge hotelevening entertainmentsized pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Firstly the room had possibly the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. On the first night we arrived the rim of the toilet seat had not been cleaned so that started to make me wonder. The staff inside the hotel were not that friendly, one of the bar staff at the blue room bar was out and out rude and I told him so.

They only give you one room key so there's no way of keeping the air con when you go out and if you open the patio on return the air con goes off. There are no instructions or any type of guidance, notes etc. in your room and I found it amazing that there was no kettle? Also it can get noisy as the room door's cannot open or shut without the loudest possible bang.

There was no Greek food in the restaurant and the whole thing was a get you in and get you out experience.

I also think that a few of the staff at the snack bar's could do with a lesson on how to smile.

The pool's look great but take a look at the bottom of them, sediment and dirt. One day the small pool had vomit in it and I reported it to reception who promised they'd sort it out but didn't. Our party of 8 developed gastroenteritis, which apparently was spreading around the hotel(one young girl was placed on a drip). When we asked the reception the first thing we were told was that it was not the hotel!

The hotel cannot give you Euros so make sure you take them as the ATM is quite a walk.

Also the beach is accessible only by means of a busy road so you also should be aware that if you wish for change from the pool, it is not that straightforward.

In relation to the entertainment I do not think that it was very documented as to what the kids could do. There was no real encouragement for them or prompting you had to go and look for it yourself so that was disappointing.

Also don't be fooled be the word 'zoo', it isn't a zoo it's prison and the donkeys, goats, birds and tortoises probably felt the same as the holidaymakers. Trapped in a place where nobody cared.

Room Tip: moan, scream and shout.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Philip W
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Upon reading the reviews and being a little put off by them at first we had an amazing honeymoon at this hotel. Upon arrival we were given a family room and told that we had to change the next morning but that was ok as we didn't want to unpack that night anyway. When the morning came we asked reception to come and help us with our bags which they did without hesitation. When we were given our room key and found our room we couldn't believe what we were seeing! An amazing room with views out to the sea, a jaccuzi bath and a lovely clean room with air conditioning for free. We loved it an being there for eleven nights was amazing! We loved the top pool which seemed a little more upmarket rather than round the Olympic pool which had the reps around doing activities throughout the day but had some good music whilst you were sunbathing. The food was ok except for the fried pasta which was every night on the show cooking but there were two show cooking with the other doing like pork or burgers which suited us. There was a great selection of Greek salads which we took advantage of, they were delicious! We found the staff in the restaurant ok but especially during breakfast even if we had our coffees on the table and then both went up for our breakfast we would often find our coffees cleared away which wasn't so good. One night when they did this my husband actually said something to one of the waitresses. Other than that though it was good food. The restaurant also opened around 11pm where you could go and help yourself to the cold buffet which was a bonous when you had had some drinks! The drinks were ok too and you could have as much as you like for free! So overall an amazing holiday, so please don't read all the bad reviews as some people are just picky! We would definitely recommend it and revisit! :)

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank KellyandJames1985
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic flight over with Thomsons on their new Dreamliner flight then the holiday went down hill! The family room they tried to put us in was disgusting, bathroom needed a complete refurb, dirty, basic room with very basic furniture. Balcony had massive AC unit on it, no view of anything as squashed in corner. Very disappointed so went back to reception to be told no other rooms available so I rang First Choice to complain and said I was refusing to stay (I have never complained about a room before so please don't think I normally moan!) suddenly a room became available which was on other side of hotel, bigger brighter room but still bathroom needing refurb, but we accepted the room as only there for 1 week and wanted to get on with our holiday. After the hotel man left us I opened the fridge which was full of ants, ants all over back of fridge, dead ants in drawers! There were hairs all round edge of room where it hadn't been cleaned! Terrible! I thought I had already complained enough and though maid would clean properly next day but no, the floor didn't get cleaned!! Hairs there all week, sheet put on bed but toppers just left in mound on bed not made properly! No water in fridge (nothing) Pools lovely especially top pool. Not enough sunbeds so we had to set our alarm at 6.30 to put towels out as by 7 they had all gone! Had to pay for towels and mattresses. Adult entertainment was the worst we have ever seen. Unprofessional, miming, not appropriate with children around. Hardly anyone even clapped! One night they had songs from different eras and had images of twin towers 911, Sri Lankan tsunami showing!!! Hardly what you want to see, terrible images of
people suffering! Restaurant and
bar staff very friendly.
Pool bar was very nice.Lots of steps as on mountainside but fab views of the sea.
Food edible, drinks ok.
We made the most of the pools and our 9 year old met friends so had a good time but I would not recommend this hotel.
On departure I glanced at the comments book in reception and couldn't believe the terrible comments in there-everyone wrote the same so you would think management would act on this!
We have been to many 4 star hotels and this was not 4 star!!! We won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel was one of my worst experiences, ever. The staff was down right rude. I have never encountered a hotel with staff as rude as this one. Everyone that worked at the receptionist was not helpful, talked down to you and one particular one was very racist. The food was terrible, it was the same lunch and the same dinner every night. It was not all inclusive by any means. You had to pay 3 euros to get a mojito. All of their crap alcohol was free. It is nowhere near the beach, and it fact is quite a walk to get to the beach. They had entertainment every night THAT YOU HAD TO PAY TO WATCH! All inclusive? No. The rooms were disgusting. One morning my cousin woke up to ants in her bed. Also the AC in our room blew. They did not change the sheets everyday and anything that you called front desk for would take HOURS for them to respond to you. By far, the worst hotel, the worst staff and absolutely the worst part of our trip. If you are reading this- please do not waste your money on this hotel. I understand it is cheap but pay more for a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Roshana S
Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the moment we got into the hotel we did not feel at all welcomed if anything most of the holiday we felt like we were being a burden to the hotel, when all we wanted was to make the most of our holiday and be able to take advantage of the activities the hotel offered. They need better organisation when organising their events to prevent further problems such as this occurring. Furthermore the reception staff we some of the rudest staff I have ever had the opportunity to meet, one member iterated racist comments to members of our group and when we complained about it, instead of listening and rectifying the situation they blamed us instead. The food was bland and repetitive, there were ants in one of the beds (yes ants), the aircon was leaking and when called for a potentially very hazardous situation as it was leaking over electricals, we had to call several times for even a mediocre performance. Hardly a four star hotel I would say...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends