Imperial Belvedere
Marni Village(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$33
$31
Great 4.5/5
Amazones Village Suites(Piskopiano)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
$128
  • Breakfast included
Astra Village Apartments(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$1,083
Mediterraneo Hotel(Hersonissos)(Great Value!)
$103
$89
  • Breakfast included
Asterias Village Resort(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$31
$28
Priceline
  • Pool
Petra Village Apartments(Koutouloufari)(Great Value!)
$14
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstoastiessnack barblue barstar beachfamily roomolympic poolanimation teamair consaladper daykids poolsalt waterice creamplenty of sunbedslarge hotelevening entertainmentsized pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the resort in September this year. We chosed to stay at Imperial, because the reviews were good. However on the day of arrival despite our flight was3 hours late, we had unplesant surprise in our room. When we got in to the room the first impression was this isn't four star hotel. First of all the bath was dirty and we had ants in the bathroom. So we went to the reception to notify them. The person told us to wait till morning and speek with the manager. We could not have a bath or shower after long journey which made us bitter. First thing in the morning we spoke with reception but they were not willing to swap the rooms. They offered to service the room and spray for the ants. We didn't want to make our holiday miserable so we agreed to that. After that everything was fine. Another think we were supposed to celebrate our 4th anniversary and we notified the hotel, however nothing has been done to make our stay special.
The all inclusive drinks are not worth any money all cheap and tasteless. About the food. Hmm breakfast everyday the same but loots to choose from. Pancakes were delicious. Same for the lunch and dinner. Even the special Italian night included in all inclusive deal didn't impress us at all. Staff very friendly and polite especially Bartek on the bar. However restaurant manager (short guy) was picking people and serve them. I guess he wanted a good tip. The guests were mainly German or Russian it didn't bother me at all.
The swimming pools were impressive especially the Olympic pool amazing!! We didn't have any problems with the lounges probably because the end of the season.
Entertainment pretty boring you can start to enjoy it after lots of watered drinks :-):-):-)
We went out to the city and the beach.
We can recommend Star Beach its very nice something different than sitting next to the pools all the time.
Do not rent a car or quad from Royal car rental. They will cheat on you. Give you broken bike or quad. And change it for another broken one and then for something you didn't pay for. Be carefull.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank donia330
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We have just come back from 11 day all inclusive holiday in Crete. We arrived at 11pm local time and was informed we could still get snacks from the restaurant you cant the 1st night of our holiday we all went to bed hungry with a small toddler not very impressed.

The next morning was better, cooked breakfast wasnt to my taste as scrambled eggs were from powder and looked wet and tasted awful. There very nice continental selection was really good lots of choice including cold meats and pastries.
Dinner was buffet style and looked a bit scary but to be honest we always found something to eat and enjoyed sampling new dishes.

The reception staff were not very helpful when you needed directions to places or where to get certain things you were always pointed to Star Beach area. Star beach is not a big beach sand area but if you head right towards the end of the bar beach you will find a good area for sun bathing and some nice looking restaurants.

For the good local shopping head towards star beach and turn left before entrance lots of great shops cheaper for souviners and inflattable pool toys We also found some real bargains for handbags & clothing and some fab bikinis.
They are used to some tourists so english is basic me and husband had to play sherrades to discribe swim nappies which was hilarious.

20 min walk on your right down side streets hide some fantastic restaurants especially the seaside restaurants with beautiful views of the sea opporsite the Palmera Hotel. The mixed grill and chicken gyros could have fed at least five people and was really cheap.

The entertainment was cheesy by the animation team but the kids love it and sometimes really entertaining for adults too.
Although we did enjoy the holiday not sure how we felt about hotel the only people who were consistantly nice and friendly were the staff at the kids pool bar and restaurant. The room needed some repair work and I agree was not 4* internet could only be used in hotspots around hotel and was quite slow.

The journey back was shocking was a long wait and unnessary waiting about but I wont ruin that for you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Initial I read mixed reviews about the resort. My family enjoyed the resort very much. For the price we booked the service and experience matched. Something's compared with other all-inclusive resorts were even better.

We liked.
Good and hot buffet style with good variation. Remember try to cook for 2000 people.
Clean rooms en friendly cleaning lady.
Friendly staff
Pool area cleaned completely every morning
Simple but decent rooms

What could be improved.
Coffee, needs serious improvement
Red wine. Serving a simple decent local red wine will bring a smile.

Yes, I observed people asking for lobster and caviar. I travel a lot, seen a lot of resort and hotel.
This resort offers to local standards and even overall compared value for money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This week we returned to the coast of four days at this hotel.
The hotel really surprising and luxurious hotel has direct access to Mont Royal Belvedere we did not know before.
This means that six hotel pools can move freely between the two hotels.
Imperial has a bar open all day with drinks in a cozy affordable
family should request a room large rooms or rooms with sea view.
Dinner at the hotel was excellent we took all inclusive package worth it really was a lot of snacks.
The staff is really nice. Everything was perfect. Recommend going to this hotel.
The only downside is that the hotel is on a hill has stunning views but after descending walk down twist it very hard so you have to pay 5 euro taxi to go back . but it is on center of hersonisos

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Me and my family have just returned from a two week stay at the Imperial Belvedere (16th - 31st August). I am 15 and I travelled with my sister who is 12, my mum and dad. We arrived at 1am and were checked in very quickly and were escorted to our room by a very helpful man. The rooms are very clean, spotless in fact. I found my bed extremely comfortable but my parents did not. You have to get up at 7am if you want to secure a sunbed, matress' cost 1 euro 50 cent per day and are definitely recommened at the top pool as the sunbeds are wooden. There are 7 pools to choose from the bottom pools are more for children under 10, then the olympic pool, then the quieter pool at the top. We usually stayed around the olympic pool, although it is very busy the atmosphere is good. This is where most of the entertainment takes place. The kids clubs are aged from 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16. There is also an adults programme aged 16+. I got involved with the kids club and enjoyed it thouroughly, I made lots of friends from all different nationalities. There are mainly British, French and German tourists. The entertainers, staff and cleaners are all very helpful and friendly. The food is simple, partly repetitive but something for everyone. It is a struggle to find a table at times and when you do find one you have to ask for it to be cleaned. The snack bar serves fizzy drinks, water, beer, pizza, toasties, chips and fruit salad between 10am - 6pm. Drinks are served it little plastic cups except at meal times which is a bit of a nuisance as you have to ask for 2 or 3 at a time. The entertainment at night is not repetitve but is performed by amateurs and have no outside entertainment, so most nights we went out either to the town which is about a 10 minute walk away or Koutouloufaria which is a beautiful little village at the side of the hotel. The hotel is on a hill but so what, its not that bad and the resort is very large as there are two hotels on the same complex. I would recommend a trip to Star beach, there are a lot of club 18-30s but you can keep out of the way of them. You can pay to go on the slides all day which is really good for kids and me and my sister were on them for 5 hours straight, there is also a lot of water sports and a bungee jump you can go on. We went on the banana boat which is absoluetly amazing. I wouls also recommend a visit to Water City which is known as one of Crete's biggest and best water parks, the slides are high adrenaline and thrilling, it is a fantastic day out. The weather was scorching every day, usually 30+. I did enjoy my stay at this hotel but my parents wouldn't consider returning here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family