Have just got back from a wonderful fortnight at Bellos. Just like the last reviewer, we arrived late on a Tuesday night after the BBQ evening had finished and we were quickly greeted, checked-in then shown to our room by Maria. We were then given a Ploughman's-style meal and drinks on the house which we ate sitting by the pool and we felt thoroughly pleased to have arrived at such a welcoming and lovely hotel!
During the first couple of nights in our apartment, we had some trouble with the air-conditioning. The staff were very helpful and got electricians in to look at the problem. When the problem continued after having done some work on it, we were offered a different apartment, so we moved to Room 11 which had views over the lower pool with the slides. It was also a little bigger, so we were quite happy.
We ate half-board. The breakfasts were fine, with plenty of cooked bacon, eggs, etc or cereals, teas, coffee, juices. There were tinned peaches and delicious Greek yoghurt. It would perhaps have been nice to have some fresh fruit at breakfast. The evening meals were delicious and we thoroughly enjoyed dining al-fresco upstairs, on the balcony overlooking the mountains and the pool. Every evening there was a soup and salad selection. ( I loved having a Greek salad with yummy feta and olives). There was a good selection of main meals with something to suit everyone in our family. My particular favourites were the calamari and moussaka. For dessert there was either watermelon or another choice e.g. chocolate mousse, lemon mousse or a Greek yoghurt-style dessert.
BBQ night was good fun with plentiful meats, salads and jacket potatoes. We then enjoyed the Greek dancing which was a lot of fun.
The one night we ate out for our anniversary, we went to a restaurant recommended to us in Piskopiano, called 'David's'. It was meze style food, with lots of little plates of calamari, keftedes and dolmades (stuffed vine leaves), etc. It was an enjoyable and reasonably-priced meal. Piskopiano at the top of the hill was a lovely evening walk, as was Koutouloufari. We also visited Old Chersonissos on Monday evening to see the Greek dancing. Down the hill, Hersonissos made for a slightly livelier evening out with plenty of bars, shops, etc. We made the most of going for evening strolls as by day in the heat of the August sun, we didn't move much from our loungers!
The children enjoyed the pool with the slides which kept them entertained and we also relaxed by the top pool, where the loungers are on a pretty grassed area.
What we really loved about Bellos is how it is a little smaller and quieter than other hotels we've stayed at. There is no cheesy mini disco every evening or over-loud entertainment. The staff are very attentive and friendly. Our thanks to Eric, Maria, Mr Bellos and all the other staff we met during our holiday. We may very well be back - perhaps Easter/October next time when the weather is a little cooler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellos Hotel & Apartments is located in a prime position in Hersonissos Village of Crete. This 3 Star Hotel makes a great base for everyone with 72 rooms in two different types split between five blocks for all your needs. The resort operates more than 25 years in the Greek touristic industry. Bellos Hotel has the main advantage of its reputation for incomparable hospitality and warm, friendly service to all its guests. The hotel stands successfully compatible to meet all guests’ satisfaction, to create a promising, ideal and impeccable environment, a hospitable, attentive service and a relaxed, memorable holiday. From the first moment in the hotel, it is proven that it is the perfect choice for holidays in Crete. Just a 15-minute walk from Hersonissos Beach and 10-minute walk from Hersonissos center, Bellos Hotel offers many facilities such as water slides, football and tennis court. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from scenic Piskopiano village that has taverns and shops with local products. The Resort is reserved to integrate into the town’s natural environment and combines the relaxation offered by the lush vegetation that is surrounded by, the unique sea and mountain view and in addition, the excitement to cruise along the numerous shops and bars, the glittering night life and the beaches. On the top floor of the main building, Bellos Hotel has its Restaurant with Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine for a delightful gastronomic journey. In addition, operates in Self-Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner) base. Breakfast with delicacies is served daily. Guests can enjoy drinks, cocktails and snacks from the pool bar around the two swimming pools and the sun terrace. An on-site shop stocks a good selection of everyday products and gifts. One unique experience in Bellos Hotel is the Barbeque night which occurs once every week with Greek music, Greek dancers and plenty food choices. To complete the fun, many other events also happen in the hotel every week such as Karaoke night, Quiz night and Cocktail night. Guests at Bellos Hotel have many wellness options such as a well-equipped gym, a sauna and a steam bath. A playground and two children’s pools are available for younger guests. The resort has also billiards, darts, board games and table tennis. Free Wi-Fi access is offered in public areas and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellos Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
- Bellos Apartments Hotel
- Bellos Hotel Apartments Crete, Greece