Loved the resort, it was clean and friendly and suited all age groups, the food was fine and the two pools were brilliant - my 7yr old had difficulty choosing which one she was going in each day, and she loved the pool slides! The resort was convenient for the town and beach but it was a bit of a walk down to it all - and walking back up was a killer in the heat, but there were taxis available if you wanted one. Traditional Greek tavernas and villages are near by, once again a bit of a walk or a taxi ride!
The town was thriving and there are lots of shops and beach restaurants and even a McDonald's for those with children! The beach wasn't a traditional sandy beach it was all shingle and there were rocks and pebbles in the sea which made paddling a bit painful but it could be done. The nearest white sandy beach was a taxi or bus ride away, but if you got on the little tourist road train you could go to one of the better parts of the beach on there and catch another one back when you were ready (they were very frequent and ran all day) this was for €10 adults and €8 children and you got €2 discount on your next trip. They also do a sight seeing trip into the hills with a few stops and a traditional Greek restaurant for about €20 which we thoroughly enjoyed!
All I all it was a lovely holiday, very hot but you could do as little or as much as you wanted and as the resort had it's own shop you didn't need to move far from the pool if you didn't want to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellos Hotel & Apartments is located in a prime position in Hersonissos Village of Crete. This 3 Star Hotel makes a great base for everyone with 72 rooms in two different types split between five blocks for all your needs. The resort operates more than 25 years in the Greek touristic industry. Bellos Hotel has the main advantage of its reputation for incomparable hospitality and warm, friendly service to all its guests. The hotel stands successfully compatible to meet all guests’ satisfaction, to create a promising, ideal and impeccable environment, a hospitable, attentive service and a relaxed, memorable holiday. From the first moment in the hotel, it is proven that it is the perfect choice for holidays in Crete. Just a 15-minute walk from Hersonissos Beach and 10-minute walk from Hersonissos center, Bellos Hotel offers many facilities such as water slides, football and tennis court. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from scenic Piskopiano village that has taverns and shops with local products. The Resort is reserved to integrate into the town’s natural environment and combines the relaxation offered by the lush vegetation that is surrounded by, the unique sea and mountain view and in addition, the excitement to cruise along the numerous shops and bars, the glittering night life and the beaches. On the top floor of the main building, Bellos Hotel has its Restaurant with Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine for a delightful gastronomic journey. In addition, operates in Self-Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner) base. Breakfast with delicacies is served daily. Guests can enjoy drinks, cocktails and snacks from the pool bar around the two swimming pools and the sun terrace. An on-site shop stocks a good selection of everyday products and gifts. One unique experience in Bellos Hotel is the Barbeque night which occurs once every week with Greek music, Greek dancers and plenty food choices. To complete the fun, many other events also happen in the hotel every week such as Karaoke night, Quiz night and Cocktail night. Guests at Bellos Hotel have many wellness options such as a well-equipped gym, a sauna and a steam bath. A playground and two children’s pools are available for younger guests. The resort has also billiards, darts, board games and table tennis. Free Wi-Fi access is offered in public areas and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellos Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
- Bellos Apartments Hotel
- Bellos Hotel Apartments Crete, Greece