I visited Bellos Hotel last July (2012) with my friend. We had been to Hersonisos before a few years back as a big group (guys and girls) and had a brilliant time and my friend and I wanted to revisit in an area that was familiar. We searched and searched for a reasonably priced hotel that was close to the bars and sea front - and boy did we find a good one with Bellos! It's always a scary moment when the coach transfer is dropping people off at different hotels, and you think 'oh my god, I hope this one isn't ours' or 'wow, if only we were staying there! damn it' !! Well, we were lucky and we were hoping as we pulled up outside Bellos that it would be ours, and it was. It had a lively, and friendly atmosphere as soon as we arrived - karaoke night, with Eric the barman being particularly welcoming and inviting us to join for drinks and a singsong. We felt very comfortable.
There were a lot of rumours on Tripadvisor that we had read when booking the holiday, mainly about Eric - these are not true! He did seem quite persuasive at times, but I think he was only doing his job - typically trying to sell more!
The accommodation was clean - we had a lovely lady come in and clean our room every day, and she always knocked if we were in and checked if it was ok to clean or if we would like her to come back! The food was wonderful, a great selection - salad cart which was basically a whole meal, just as a starter. This was followed by a great selection of main meals, varied each night - beef, pork, fish, chicken. Desserts were yum - greek yoghurt with honey was our fav! The waitress Maria was really lovely! Breakfast was just as good - they were always refilling the food station for us! - we were fussy and wanted boiled eggs, they made more!
The facilities there were great, a lovely reception area with indoor seating, pool tables and a funky bar. By the main pool there were a good amount of sun beds, although you had to get up by at least 9am and put your towel on one to make it yours for the day!!!! There is another pool down some spiral metal stairs, and this has a water slide - better to stay away from if you want more peace and less splashing as the kids and younger adults tend to go in here - and young couple just sit and smooch (rather uncomfortable to sit by!) There is a little baby pool/paddling pool by the main pool area which was perfect to cool off in and just relax.
Aside from karaoke night, there was also BBQ night, which was a great experience. We got this included in the price of our holiday as we were half board, but i think it cost about 15 euros if you weren't half board (may not be worth that much though but still a good experience!) Great atmosphere, with music playing and plenty of food - delicious meats!
The location of this hotel was perfect for us. I was about a 10 minute walk to the supermarket to stock up on big bottles of water for the apartment! About 15 mins to the main strip of bars and restaurants. A 15 minute walk in the other direction (right out of the hotel, up the hill) leads to a lovely little village, definitely worth a visit for lunch or a walk! Very pretty and quaint!
Overall, this hotel was fantastic, it was cheap and yet such an amazing experience. The hotel were friendly, clearly a family run hotel - Mr Bellos and his dutch wife were wonderful!
- be careful of ants in the apartment, they get in mainly through the windows! Tightly wrap all food that's been opened!
- pay for air con! Definitely worth the money as otherwise, it's SOO hot!
- if you're going out for a night clubbing in town, predrink in the apartment, and don't go out before about 1am - all the clubs are dead otherwise.
- BEST bars/clubs: tiger, shenanigans!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellos Hotel & Apartments is located in a prime position in Hersonissos Village of Crete. This 3 Star Hotel makes a great base for everyone with 72 rooms in two different types split between five blocks for all your needs. The resort operates more than 25 years in the Greek touristic industry. Bellos Hotel has the main advantage of its reputation for incomparable hospitality and warm, friendly service to all its guests. The hotel stands successfully compatible to meet all guests’ satisfaction, to create a promising, ideal and impeccable environment, a hospitable, attentive service and a relaxed, memorable holiday. From the first moment in the hotel, it is proven that it is the perfect choice for holidays in Crete. Just a 15-minute walk from Hersonissos Beach and 10-minute walk from Hersonissos center, Bellos Hotel offers many facilities such as water slides, football and tennis court. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from scenic Piskopiano village that has taverns and shops with local products. The Resort is reserved to integrate into the town’s natural environment and combines the relaxation offered by the lush vegetation that is surrounded by, the unique sea and mountain view and in addition, the excitement to cruise along the numerous shops and bars, the glittering night life and the beaches. On the top floor of the main building, Bellos Hotel has its Restaurant with Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine for a delightful gastronomic journey. In addition, operates in Self-Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner) base. Breakfast with delicacies is served daily. Guests can enjoy drinks, cocktails and snacks from the pool bar around the two swimming pools and the sun terrace. An on-site shop stocks a good selection of everyday products and gifts. One unique experience in Bellos Hotel is the Barbeque night which occurs once every week with Greek music, Greek dancers and plenty food choices. To complete the fun, many other events also happen in the hotel every week such as Karaoke night, Quiz night and Cocktail night. Guests at Bellos Hotel have many wellness options such as a well-equipped gym, a sauna and a steam bath. A playground and two children’s pools are available for younger guests. The resort has also billiards, darts, board games and table tennis. Free Wi-Fi access is offered in public areas and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellos Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
- Bellos Apartments Hotel
- Bellos Hotel Apartments Crete, Greece