We stayed at the Bellos for 1 Week in August. Overall we had a very enjoyable holiday. The apartments are clean and of a good standard (for Greece). However, I would point out that for those travellers booking through Thomson’s, that the pictures on the website/brochure do not necessarily accurately illustrate the apartments – although they are generally of a good standard. We were a little disappointed by our room as it was very small, with a bathroom that to be honest was poor in both size and standard, though the bathroom was not unclean it could have been cleaner and tidier. Air con was 6euro per night and the safe was 12 euro per week (though please note the safety deposit boxes are located in the bar/reception area and not in your room). Another small negative was that we were allocated a room on the ground floor directly next to the bar area – this meant that we had some noise throughout the day and night, though not excessive. On a more positive note, the pool area, gardens, bar, restaurant etc are all of a very high standard. Both pool areas are lovely with the pools cleaned daily. The pool with the slides obviously gets quite busy, but we found it a very pleasant area to sunbathe and take a dip. There was always plenty of sunbeds available throughout the day. Pool bar prices are reasonable with a good selection of food and drinks. The service at Bellos is excellent, both the bar and reception staff are excellent! They are friendly and very kind hosts who are more than happy to assist you with anything.
The Bellos is located on a hill in between Hersonissos and the traditional villages of Piskopiano, Koutouloufari and Old Hersonissos. Location wise the Bellos is in a reasonable location, however, I would point out that it may not be suitable for those with walking difficulties as it is on a hillside on a relatively steep road (depending which road you choose to walk up – we tried both routes down to Hersonissos and found them to be similar in time). A tip – take a short cut through the Dia Apartments opposite the Bellos, you cut a corner off the walk. It does take a good 15 mins to reach the main resort amenities and the crowded beach. I personally would have preferred to be slightly closer to Hersonissos, especially as the road back up to the Bellos is only lit in certain places, we did not fancy the walk back up at night – though many people at the Bellos did not see this as a problem. We also ventured into the villages on several nights, we decided to take a taxi and was thankful we did as again it is quite a long walk.
We booked several trips, we went to Spinalonga and Chrissi Island – both of which were excellent. I would advise going into Hersonissos to book with the local agents (which can be found along the main road) as Thomson’s excursions are a rip off!
For a nice meal I would definitely recommend ‘Emanuel’s Taverna’ located in Koutouloufari. Also ‘Sokaki’ a small and traditional tavern which is located in Hersonissos next to the church, just off the main road. The Taj Mahal was also lovely. For a drink on an evening we preferred to avoid the harbour and head further up the beach roach. We found ‘Speil Salon’ to be a lovely cocktail bar that was quiet and friendly – the perfect place to have a drink overlooking the sea.
Overall, I would recommend the Bellos to families or couples who are looking for a hotel located within a reasonable distance to both a lively resort and more traditional Greek villages. Personally, I would not book again as I have been to far nicer resorts and stayed in better accommodation for a much lower price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bellos Hotel & Apartments is located in a prime position in Hersonissos Village of Crete. This 3 Star Hotel makes a great base for everyone with 72 rooms in two different types split between five blocks for all your needs. The resort operates more than 25 years in the Greek touristic industry. Bellos Hotel has the main advantage of its reputation for incomparable hospitality and warm, friendly service to all its guests. The hotel stands successfully compatible to meet all guests’ satisfaction, to create a promising, ideal and impeccable environment, a hospitable, attentive service and a relaxed, memorable holiday. From the first moment in the hotel, it is proven that it is the perfect choice for holidays in Crete. Just a 15-minute walk from Hersonissos Beach and 10-minute walk from Hersonissos center, Bellos Hotel offers many facilities such as water slides, football and tennis court. The hotel is only a 10-minute walk from scenic Piskopiano village that has taverns and shops with local products. The Resort is reserved to integrate into the town’s natural environment and combines the relaxation offered by the lush vegetation that is surrounded by, the unique sea and mountain view and in addition, the excitement to cruise along the numerous shops and bars, the glittering night life and the beaches. On the top floor of the main building, Bellos Hotel has its Restaurant with Cretan and Mediterranean cuisine for a delightful gastronomic journey. In addition, operates in Self-Catering, Bed & Breakfast and Half Board (Breakfast & Dinner) base. Breakfast with delicacies is served daily. Guests can enjoy drinks, cocktails and snacks from the pool bar around the two swimming pools and the sun terrace. An on-site shop stocks a good selection of everyday products and gifts. One unique experience in Bellos Hotel is the Barbeque night which occurs once every week with Greek music, Greek dancers and plenty food choices. To complete the fun, many other events also happen in the hotel every week such as Karaoke night, Quiz night and Cocktail night. Guests at Bellos Hotel have many wellness options such as a well-equipped gym, a sauna and a steam bath. A playground and two children’s pools are available for younger guests. The resort has also billiards, darts, board games and table tennis. Free Wi-Fi access is offered in public areas and free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bellos Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bellos Apartments Hersonissos
- Bellos Apartments Hotel
- Bellos Hotel Apartments Crete, Greece