“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 171 Hotels in Hersonissos
England
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Have just returned from a fabulous holiday at Nana Beach Hotel. It was our first time at an all inclusive resort and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were very friendly and nothing too much trouble. Lots of choices of food, and also places to eat. No trouble getting into any of the restaurants, you just have to be flexible with times etc. The wines and drinks were excellent too.
If I had to pick a fault I would say that the balconies are not very private, and inconsiderate couples who smoke and spoil it for non smokers. The smoke drifts into the rooms and lingers. I expect the smoking debate will go on forever, all it takes though, is a little thought and consideration. We would all like to sit on the balcony and admire the view with a glass of wine!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Nottingham
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Absolutely first class location, spotlessly clean with well trained friendly staff.

I stayed in room 126 with my wife. I had written directly to the hotel with a request for the friends I was holidaying with to be allocated a room nearby and they were given room 125 which meant we could sit on our balconies and pass each other drinks - perfect.

The buffet style resturant offered a good selection of food and plenty of it, I think this may get a little boring if you are staying more than a week.

The fish a la carte resturant can only be described as a joke and needs a new menu. Could not get into the Italian resturant as it was continually fully booked.

The car hire company within the hotel is very expensive but by walking just accross the road I was able to save 15 euro's per day.

The wine provided at meal times was quite acceptable and there was no restriction on the amount available. The spirits provided in the bar however were of an inferior quality.

I saw very little of Thompson's rep during my stay but the staff at the hotel were so helpfull it did not distract from my holiday. I only paid £1000 for my wife and I for a week which makes this the best value for money holiday I have ever had. Will possibly go back which will be a first for me to visit the same location twice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank michael2863
filey
Reviewed May 23, 2011

LOCATION - 30 minutes walk to Hersonissos main strip (45 or more to the harbour there) and 20 minutes walk to Stalis. There are buses from outside the hotel every 30 minutes and a 'happy train' to take you there for a couple of euro. Stalis has a nice beach but not much else. There is not much directly outside the hotel.

FOOD - All inclusive buffet very good, lots of choice. With Thomson you get to eat at all three of the a la carte restaurants each week. The Greek is the best one.

ENTERTAINMENT - The animation team try very hard, there is a mini disco for children and various games/sports throughout the day. If you don't fancy this don't worry, there are plenty of places to go where you can't see or hear it. There are various shows on an evening, Greek night, Casino night etc. We tended to sit in one of the quieter bars away from the entertainment.

BEACH - The beach at the hotel is quite small, but the best part of the hotel is the rocky ledges for sunbathing. They have a couple of sunbeds and a parasol on a private ledge. They're surrounded by gardens and are right on the sea front, absolute bliss.

HINTS - Take mosquito spray. Don't request a pool view room as the main pool plays loud techno music all day - no good if you want a siesta! I had a garden view room and it was perfect. Book extra legroom, it's worth it, and prebook your seat numbers with your travel agent otherwise you end up sat apart from each other. BOOK A TAXI TRANSFER!!! The coach took 1 hr 30 minutes and we found out that the airport is 25 minutes away. They take you via 7/8 hotels in different resorts, not good late at night.

Overall, go here if you want a family holiday and dont want to leave the hotel resort, or if you're a couple and want a good location with some excellent food and service, with some nice resorts on your doorstep. It's no good for anyone wanting a lively holiday - Malia is further down the coast if you want that!

2 Thank lauralaycock
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2011

this was my first all inclusive holiday. I was not dissapointed!! All food was amazing, it varied every day. There was always salad, bread, hot food and the puddings, oh my goodness!!! They were gorgeously yummy!!
The service was friendly, always with a smile.
My room (507) was very simple, Garden view, comfortable bed, two extra blankets and 4 extra pillows. Air conditioning, Tv only 2 english channels, CNN and sky sports, housekeeping in every day did a wonderful job.
The facilities around the complex were amazing, water sports, 7 swimming pools, kids entertainment, keep fit, archery, tennis, pool, tabble tennis, dance lessons.
I would definately recommend staying here. I felt safe and very welcome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank greengem8
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Nana beach resort at the beginning of May 2011.From the beginning we were enchanted with the place. The resort is wonderfully landscaped with trees and shrubs providing light a welcome shade in all areas. The frontage onto the shore is well in keeping with the Cretan coastline. The parasoled platforms provide delightful vantage points to view the sea and sunbathe.
We were impressed with the facilities .for the young and more senior members of society like us. We even had a go at salsa dancing and took part in the energetic Greek dancing. The specially designed pool for young children delighted the children we saw using it. The wide choice and the quality of food on offer ensured that mealtimes were always a culinary adventure. Sometimes, however, the salt in some dishes was a bit too much for people like us. who have very little salt in our diet. The al la carte restaurants provided excellent gourmet style food compatibly complimented with well chosen wines. Our Thompson representative Adrian was, I have to say, the best we have ever had on a short package holiday. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He was very approachable, always cheerful, and always keen to ensure that you are having a good time and keen to take on board suggestions that might advance the quality of service further. As far as the staff of the hotel are concerned, you couldn’t want for a nicer and more helpful set of people. They were excellent. Would we stay there again? Well absolutely.

6 Thank Leon194z
Shrewsbury
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My wife and I arrived home last night after spending a very nice 14 nightbreak at the Nana Beach,ok the weather was a bit of a let down on a couple of the days,but obviously that is out of the control of everyone.I spoke to the manager/owner yesterday before we left just to say how impressed we were with the way the hotel is run and seemed pleased that someone had made theeffort to do that.The only thing that was a bit of a let down was the majority of the food was far too salty and not as hot as it might be.........I must give a special mention of the excellent Animation teams in the hotel,they were really good and provided some enjoyable entertainment during the day and evenings,I would also like to say a special thankyou to Sandie,Tobi,Nane,Sophie & Chris plus several other Animators who`s names I can`t remember, for their kindness and cheerful attitude shown to both my wife and myself,it really was appreciated and restored our faith in the younger generation,bless you all!!! all in all a lovely holiday.

3 Thank nevsmith06
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel was fabulous. Staff were extremely helpful, especially lovely Dina at the Nautilus. She was so cheerful every day, even when the weather was poor she was smiling. Found out she works every day of the summer season without a break. She clearly loves her work though. Thanks for the pizza Dina and Russ says thanks for hot dogs and chilled beer glasses. We hope you have a good winter.

Food was great in the buffet. Full English breakfast if you wanted it or plenty of other options. Girl that made omelettes and fried eggs was so quick and remembered what people had previously. Lunch and dinner also had great choice.

The only thing we found wrong with buffet restaurant was that some little ones were allowed to run around. Thought a bit dangerous where people were carrying hot drinks, soup or dinner. However, this is not fault of hotel but parents. Plenty of child adapted chairs as well.

The Italian a la carte started ok with first 2 courses but main was a bit dissapointing. May just have been an off night when we went so please do not be put off.

Our garden view bungalow room was cleaned every day, our maid was very nice. The room was quite spacious for 2 people.

There were 5 pools all very clean and loads of sun beds everywhere. Beach/ pool towels provided free as part of al inclusiive.

Bar drinks were fine as well, although cocktails a bit weak. House wine was good as well.

We are early to bed peeps so cannot fairly comment on evening entertainment. Although kids seemed to be enjoying their own club during the day.

We had a great time even though we did have bit of rain and it was cold at night. Just one more thing though men are expected to wear long trousers at night for dinner, no dress shorts or even three quarter trousers allowed even in the buffet restaurant.

1 Thank CeeBee14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Creta Maris Beach Resort
Lyttos Beach Hotel
#7 of 171 in Hersonissos
Mitsis Laguna Exclusive Resort & Spa
Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare

Been to Nana Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!