My friend and I have just come back from a two week holiday and thought I will tell everyone what I thought off the place and the hotel.
There is a old building and new building. The old one is where we stayed and it is clean but very very small.It is not modern at all and is slightly dated. We didn't spend any time in our room except for sleep so the size didn't bother us. Our balcony over looked a massive tree, so not the best view in the world, if the tree wasn't there then the room would over look the pool. For us all we cared about was the room was clean and we had clean towels. 5/5 for cleanines
The breafast wasn't the best but there was a lot of options. Different types of ham/chese/cake/eggs cooked serveral ways/fruit. I had toast everyday as the eggs were over cooked and needed a lot more salt. 3/5 depends on taste and what you like.
Dinner again buffet style food, lots of veg/meats/salad and great desserts. No complaints on dinner or lunch. 5/5 as there is something for everyone.
The hotel does have entertainment in the evening. We went out everynight so cant comment if its good or not. There is also two bars which are reasonbly priced and plenty off seating.
The hotel on the second to last night said we needed to move rooms and put us in a suite. Oh my this room was amazing and if you can afford to pay the extra I would. The room is 3x bigger then the old building the balcony was massive and has sun lounges in it. The bathroom had a bath big enough for two people. Thew view over the sea was breath taking and I am so glad we were able to see what the new building is like.
Trips to do
The hotel is a short walk (10mins) to the Harbor where they have boat trips. Glass bottom boats and a day boat trip. We went ont the boat trip 12.00-16.00 and it takes you to sissi,malia,stalis and a cove to see some fish. There are different types off boats that do this trip all priced the same 20 euros. Now the sea is so rough and I am not lying. if you have a week stomach do NOT go on this trip. I was on it for 1 hour and had to get off as I felt so sick and I was sick.
Again at the harbour they have a train ride which takes you all over the place and to the old part of the town. Cost 10 euros and is two hours. You can get off and on when ever you like. We got off at the old town and had lunch out and then got back on in a hours time.
I wouldn't take taxis and just use the busses. They take you every where and are cheap Stallis-Hersoniss is 1.80 euros and Hersoniss-Iraklion(capital) 3.00 euros. Iraklion-knossos 1.50 euros This is one way and have a/c
The is also a aquarium 20 mins walk away which cost 6 euros, you get to see the local fish and hold the reptails. If you pay once you can go as many times as you like. Run by a english man who been in crete for 20 years. They re home any animal.
Trip to Knossos to see the ruins. I wouldnt pay a tour guid and instead jump on a bus and make your way there. Its 6 euros to get in, They are trying to restore the palce but and some off the rooms still have old painting and pillers in them. Ok day out but as its out doors it is very hot.
Lot off the souviners in crete are inported. The blue opal stone is not from crete and is from Australia, every shop is selling it and some can be very expensive. All the shops sells the same stuff even in the captial. The captial is good to take a look at, slightly more clothes shops but very expesnive. In the tourist books will tell you about fountains that are from the roman times. These have not been taken care off and are surrounded by cafes. They also dont work and look very negleted this is the same with all off them.
The strip is very lively and the men out side will harras you to come into there bar. If you want a quite evening go to hooks which is at the end off the strip run by a english family. They also have under cut the other pubs on the drinks. Cocktails are normally 6-8 euros in this bar they are 3-5 euros and are made with inported spirts. Vodka is smirnoff and not a cheap brand. You sit down on your swinging chair and watch the sun go down, Its very peaceful, the boys (Nico and Harry) ate very sweet and have a chat to you and ask about your holiday.
Overal was a very good holiday and I hope the information I gave you will help you with your holiday and what to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albatros Hotel is situated only 25 kilometres from Heraklion International Airport in the town of Hersonissos, a place which attracts thousands of visitors every summer. This family-owned and run resort hotel offers high quality standards in combination with traditional Cretan hospitality and a friendly atmosphere. The hotel is ideal both for leisure and business travelers. Located away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of the town, only a stone's throw from a long sandy beach with crystal clear water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Albatros Spa & Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Spa And Resort Hotel
- Albatros Hotel Chersonisos
- Albatros Hotel Hersonissos
- Albatros Spa & Resort Hotel Crete, Greece