“A great experience and what a laugh.”

Hersonissos Riding Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friends of ours pre-booked this trip with Gregory via e-mail and they said he could not have been more helpful in everyway.
Six of us were picked up from our appartments in Hersonissos at 4.30pm by Eddie the mad Albanian and driven to the stables situated in the countryside outside Heraklion where we met up with Gregory and the other eight Russian guests who were going out with us.We selected riding helmets to fit us and were then given a humorous introduction on how to mount and control a horse,i should add that out of the 14 of us 11 were complete novices including my wife and myself.We were then introduced to our horses who all had famous/infamous names,mine was Saddam Hussien.[apparently he's the mad one],although some of the names were equally bizarre.
Once mounted we were led out of the stables and out onto the dirt track roads at a nice slow walking pace and up into the surrounding hills which were very scenic,Saddam was the lead horse so i led the party most of the time except when he would decide to take a nibble at the roadside grass at which point so did a lot of the others although some would happily walk on by.
At all times either Eddie,Gregory or one of the other two helpers were close at hand as was the cart if you wanted to take a break and get off for a rest.We ambled up into the hills for about an hour or so and then dismounted for a cool drink and a rest and to take some photos.By then it was getting dark so we then set off back in the same direction at the same steady walk to return to the stables.
We were then treated to a great hour or so of bbq food,salad,wine and of course plenty of ouzo and raki along with Gregory as entertainment,[but thats another story on it's own].
All in all a fantastic experience and i would highly recommend it to anybody.price was about €60pp.

1  Thank scaffolder1888

Reviewed June 21, 2013

At 38 I had always wanted to ride along the beach on a horse with the water splashing at my ankles, finally I have fulfilled my dream and my children were able to join me. Gregory was fantastic, the horse beautiful and well looked after, my only regret is that we did not have time for the trip into the mountains followed by BBQ that would have been amazing....next time though!

1  Thank Coorigans
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The owner Gregory is incredibly funny; his wife Eva very kindly picked me up and dropped me to my hotel; Ben who led the ride took lots of pics for me. Lovely bar area- nice to have a drink and a chat afterwards. Recommended!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

we have just returned from crete, we visited hersonissos stables several times as we were stoppping at star beach village. the horses look very well cared for and in good condition, each has their own box which protects them from the sun, they looked happy and content.Ben who looks after these horses obviously loves his job. gregory and eva have a small bar there make you feel so welcome, great to have a beer and a chat, everyone we spoke to after their horse trip on the beach said how they had thoroughly enjoyed it , I would certainly recommend a visit to these stables, kath and fred

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

My daughter fulfilled her dream of going horse riding on the beach and loved every minute of it. We were very well looked after whilst we waited for her. Excellent value for money, excellent service

1  Thank Lbell2109