“"Fantastic holiday in Aquis Silva Beach ..."”
Review of Silva Beach

Silva Beach
Ranked #25 of 172 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We spent 17 beautifull days ( 13/05/10 - 30/05/10) in Aquis Silva Beach, already the 10th time.
The hotel is build in a very nice Greek style (we love it).... and the renovation of it is 'waw'… the reception and the bars are very nice & trendy, the rooms inside are modern & practical.
We also visit the new Sushi restaurant & Olives Tree restaurant... the same comments : very nice places with very good menu's and very friendly peoples.
The Spa was a nice surprise .. we had a great time in the Jacuzzi.
The staff of the restaurant / the bar / the reception / Spa... were one for one very friendly & helpfully with a big smile.
So a big thanks to every member of the Aquis Silva Beach staff!! They did a great job!!
You see us back next year in May!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank summertime0120

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel ticked all the boxes for me, location was stunning and the food was excellent if you cant find something to eat on this menu then stay at home! The entertainment is fun and kept everyone smiling, the dance shows are different every week and was stunning, these kids worked so hard!!!! The added bonus for me was no kids, and the two pools were never busy! Never had a problem getting a bed even as the week progressed and it started to get busy, if you plan to get up at six and put your towel down but dont come to your bed till after eleven dont expect your towel to be there as they will be taken off, which serves you right!!!!! This is the start of a beautiful friendship with Crete, we met some really nice people!!

2  Thank Ruislipfoodies
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We've just returned from a week at the Aquis Silva Beach and overall are positive about our stay.

Few points to note - many of the pictures of the hotel on here are out of date. The hotel has been revamped this year and the rooms, pools and public areas are really up to the standard I would expect of a 4* hotel - certainly much better than many of the photos on here.

We stayed on an All Inclusive basis and the food was pretty average. A good selection at all meals, certainly to suit all tastes, but nothing inspiring. As part of the deal, you are allowed 1 meal (per week) in the "Olive Tree" a-la-cart restaurant. The food on offer there is seemingly a re-work of the buffet and despite being beautifully presented, is probably not worth the effort.

2 Negative points with the hotel:

1) It's loud in the evening. Most nights there was entertainment available that went on until the early hours. To say it was loud in our room at night was an understatement. Definitely not one for the light sleepers

2) No fault of the hotel, but sun-lounger reservation was taken to a whole new level. By 09:30, all of the loungers by both pools had been fully reserved every day.

Despite the negatives, we had a good stay at the hotel. Because of the above, I'd probably not recommend the hotel, but equally I wouldn't recommend against it. However, it must be stated that all the staff at the hotel were excellent. Every member of staff without exception was friendly, courteous and helpful. Genuinely, the hotel should be very proud of the staff it has employed. I really can't stress this point enough.

2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed June 28, 2010

stayed at the Silva beach with my boyfriend for 2 weeks at the beginning of June. Which I think was a good time for us as we got very nice weather and the hotel was not full meaning you could have your pick of the sunbeds at any time of the day. The second week got busier and by the last couple of days if you weren’t out early marking your sunbed you didn’t get one.

We arrived at 7am after being delayed 2 hours from Manchester…as we were driving though Hersonissos I wasn’t quite sure on what to expect as the town seemed quite busy and I was wondered what we were letting ourselves in for…

The hotel is located on the main road but the actual resort is behind the reception which kind of protects you from the noise and people.

We had originally booked into an Annex room and we were quite worried about what it would be like…luckily the receptionist upgraded us to a refurbished room which was great.

The room itself was very nice and we had quite a bit of space. we overlooked the top pool (room 408) there was a large TV mounted on the wall opposite the bed, a balcony, a fridge that didn’t work very well. All the rooms have air con which was great, they also had shutters on the windows to keep out the heat.

The grounds were very nice, set out in a village style, there were two pools – one that was by the bar and one that had a smaller bar and a sea view. The spa was tiny but nice – there is a Jacuzzi which you can use for free, massages are available at a cost along with the Sauna. The Gym in there consists of about 3 pieces of machinery crammed into a small room which we never bothered with.

The hotel staff in the Reception, bar and food hall were very friendly, they took the time to acknowledge and speak to you which was nice. The only staff I could pull up were the cleaning team – although they did a very good job, they cleaned all the rooms every day but they were not polite, they never smiled and bearly acknowledged you.

The food was really good, there seemed to be something for everyone – they had a salad bar, then as you went round you could pick from the many meat dishes they did. You got a variation of Beef, Pork, Chicken, Turkey, and Fish along with various other dishes. They alternated the food as much as they could for people and I have no reason to complain that the food was boring.

Entertainment – ha what? One of the nights entertainment was BINGO night and that was it – I’m sorry but what 23 year old do you know that wants to spend the night playing bingo? Think that was Tuesday nights. On Sunday it is Relaxation night which is terrible. They don’t seem to have a proper team together to arrange some good night entertainment or anywhere good enough to do this. The only good entertainment was the dance show that was put on every Friday – beware this is the same show every Friday. And a music quiz I can’t remember what night that was but was quite fun.

All inclusive – this consisted of breakfast which wasn’t bad but wasn’t amazing we didn’t bother getting up for this for most of the holiday. Lunch was much better you had a lot to pick from and tea I have already mentioned.

Drinks – they do all kinds of drinks, they have a cocktail list which has quite a few cocktails on although the all inclusive package doesn’t cover two of the cocktails on that list (not quite sure why) lots of soft drinks and the normal (beer, wine etc) my only problem was that the all inclusive finished at 11pm!! Then you have to buy all your drinks which were very over priced (not impressed) I think if you go all inclusive there shouldnt be an end time. There were a few nights where we had to go out and buy bottles of water and food for our room as this wasn’t available after 11pm.

The hotel location was great – if you want nightlife which the hotel certainly doesn’t offer well. If you come out of the bottom of resort you can go either way and have a good night out. If you go left and walk for about 10/15 minutes you get to the bar street where there are a couple of clubs, lots of bars and restaurants. The pizza out there is good when you have finished the night out! If you go right from the hotel and follow the coast you come to a resort called Star Beach where there is water sports, bungee jumping an imported beach and lots of pool bars.

If you want to go further a field but not spend too much on transport – get a bus, they are quite reasonably priced and about 15/20 mins apart. The bus stop is about 200 meters from the hotel (if you ask at the reception they will tell you where to go and give you a bus timetable) we got the bus to Malia to see what it was like (it cost about 6 euros for the both of us on the bus) we also managed to get to the aquarium, Iraklion (where there is the main bus station to most of the island) and finally to Knossos where there is the palace ruins.

If you want to hire a car, bike or quad you will not struggle as every other shop is a car hire place. Watch out is all I can say. We got sucked into a place about 5 mins away from our hotel called Romanos – STAY AWAY they are as dodgy as you can get. The man initially got our attention by saying we could have a Suzuki Jimny for 2 days for 50 euros which we thought great, he got us in and took a deposit of 20 euros. One thing that has annoyed me with most men out in this part of Greece is they don’t acknowledge you if you have your boyfriend/ partner with you. This guy was quite shocked to find out that he didn’t drive and it would be me and he kept trying to tempt my boyfriend to do the driving even though he didnt even have a licence. When we went to pick the car up the guy then informed us that I needed to hand my passport over for insurance which I didn’t have with me so I had to go back to the hotel. While I was gone this guy then added on money to the original deal for insurance which he lacked to inform us of in the beginning we ended up paying 60 euros on top of the original 50 euros. We took the car and went for quite a long drive and slowly realised that the car was not on top form. The passenger seatbelt did not retract which was dangerous and my seatbelt constantly choked me the whole time I had it on. The interior of the car had not been looked after, we soon realised we had been given was a complete dump. We used the car for one of the days and took it back to Romanos to make a complaint about the state of the car. He didn’t want to know at all, he was very rude to us. When I said that I wanted to hand the car back over he point blank refused to take it back and said that we were in a contract and had to keep the car, we asked to speak to a manager and he said he wouldn’t be in until the day after. We went back the day after and a different man was there who said he was the manager, he knew nothing about us but did not accept that the car was dangerous but he finally gave me my passport back.

All in all we had a very nice/ relaxing holiday, the weather was great, the hotel and its facilities were great i would definitely recommend it to someone who wants a nice quiet stay at a hotel. there are lots of things you can do outside the hotel.

sorry for writing too much

1  Thank HalifaxColette
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We were at the Aquis Silva Beach in Hersonnissos for the first fortnight in June. Absolutely loved the hotel and its location. Plent of choice in the restaurant and although on occasions the food could have been hotter you would certainly not go hungry. The rooms were cleaned everyday and towels were changed on demand. The staff were very friendly and welcoming (with only one exception) and the manageress is always about and very approachable. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank penkaram
Reviewed June 23, 2010

just returned from the aquis silva beach on 19/06/2010 the hotel was spot on, and with the added bonus of no kids running around we would highly reccomend, many thanks to everyone for a great time

Reviewed June 20, 2010

We spent a week at this hotel from 22/05/2010 - 31/05/2010. Already the 7th time we stayed in this hotel and still the BEST place to be. Creta became our second home and the main reason is the warm welcome at Aquis Silva Beach. After the recent refubishment, this typical Greek style hotel satisfies all you needs. The rooms are very clean and well decorated! The food was excellent and also the drinks at meals were great, beer, wine, soft drinks,etc.... Although the staff was very busy, they always took the time to have a friendly talk. New is the Spa Resort where you have a lot of possibities to have a relaxing stay. Certainly well worth the money we paid to stay there. Thank you so much Aquis Silva Beach, we will be back next May... We really recomend this hotel, so do not hesitate and visit it. Simply the BEST!!!:)
Elsy & José

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hersonissos
Golden Beach Hotel
#29 of 172 in Hersonissos
Petra Beach Hotel
Petra Beach Hotel
#32 of 172 in Hersonissos

Been to Silva Beach? Share your experiences!