A second visit to this hotel did not disappoint. Without exception we found the staff both in reception, restaurant and bar arrears very helpful, even the room cleaner dashed off to find a suitable adapter for an electric razor as the one we had brought with us did not work.
The hotel is well situated, walk out from reception and you are in the town of Hersonissos, walk through the hotel and you are on the beach, although this is nothing to write home about! But throughout the various relaxation areas and the two pools there were ample sun beds and shades.
The clients were very cosmopolitan and mainly adults, although some young children were in evidence in contrast to the previous year.
The food was of a good standard, with local and international cuisine, it could get receptive by the end of two weeks, but there was always a good choice and a very acceptable sweet counter. Three was a good selection of soft drinks together with wine and beer at meal times.
Professional entertainment was provided on several nights interspersed with events arranged by the animation team. The all inclusive bar closed at 11pm as is usual in most all inslusive hotels, and the alcoholic drinks were of an acceptable standard with the exception of the whisky which had little in common with Scotland!
The hotel appeared to be under a new management with the name slightly changed, the hotel manager was present at all hours and was very approachable, as was the Rooms Divisional Manage, Mrs Haroula Zervou who arranged for us to have the same accommodation that we had last year.
The hotel might be difficult for anyone with severe walking difficulties, although everywhere there were steps, there was a ramp, as we as are two elderly couples who do find walking a bit of a problem, we managed quite well to get around the hotel easily.
All in all the hotel gives good value for a reasonable cost and we would not hesitate to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion,at the outsckirts of Hersonissos Silva Beach Hotel operates as an all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Silva Beach Crete, Greece