This is review is a little late, but by reading other reviews I can tell not alot has changed.
The hotel its self was beautiful and upon arrival seeing the lovely lobby I was extremely pleased. Check in was a breeze and the lady at reception was lovely. We arriveed at arround 10.30pm ( at this time dinner had finished ) and we were offered some sandwiches and a drink. But we said we would get changed and go get some food out in the town (which is very lively and brillaint for a places to eat and drink, we loved it) after we had got unpacked and changed it was about 10.50pm (the room was very nice except we had twin beds and had booked a double) we went for a quick drink in the bar and were told it was closing in 10 minutes by a very rude memeber of staff. We were shocked that we wouldnt be able to make the most of our all inclusive that day (baring in mind we had paid for 7 days all inclusive we were cheated out of a day) and ended up having to have a few drinks in town which wasnt cheap.
The pool was lovely and relaxing, we also got vouchers for the spa so we both went for a massage which was excellent and we also paid to use the jaquzzi.
The food was good there was a decent variety and there was never a problem for us there, except when going to the restraunt my boyfirend was made to wear full length trousers or three quarters which he didnt own he only had just above the knee shorts and the hostess pestered us every night about even though it was far to hot to wear trousers in the end we just ignored her and so she us.
Night time entertainment..... Maybe if you could order more than one watered down cocktail more often than once every half on hour, once a waitress notices you (as at night you are NOT permitted to go to the bar it is table service unless at the lobby bar) people would maybe get a bit more lively! But due to the poor service at the bar where the entertainment was we only went twice and that was enough. The rest of the stay we would have a few drinks at the top bar before and after dinner which were VERY WATERED DOWN (not very good if you like a drink like us)
This bring us to the final part of my review... the beach, in the broucher it said that there was a part of the beach which the hotel owned so on our second day we went to experience it.... Well it was MINGING scary homeless people on it, black sand and no room. So we didnt even sit down and went to another part of the beach 20mins away which we had spotted on a walk the night before.
Oh.... and one last thing, our all inclusive on the last day stopped at 12.00 even though we didnt leave until 6.00pm that evening... so was it 7days all inlcusive or 5 and a little bit??? Also rubbish snaks served through the afternoon YAK!!!
All in all, the hotel is gorgeous and is in a fantastic part of Hersonissos with plenty to do and wounderful sights. The only problem I had with this holiday was the poor value of the all inclusive and the lack of it.... If we had stayed at this hotel and paid for only self catering we would have been more than saticfied but the all inclusive was RUBBISH and cost us a fortune!!!!!!! Unless you like going to bed at 11.00pm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion,at the outsckirts of Hersonissos Silva Beach Hotel operates as an all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Silva Beach Crete, Greece