After reading some shakey reviews, we were very pleased with the hotel. Checking in was a breeze. I still think wrist bands would be easier than cards for drinks and at meal times. The grounds and pools are very nice and well kept, rooms are well equipped with good aircon but the bathrooms are small. The entertainment team were non stop and very friendly. I didn't think the music was to loud or techno as described in some reviews. The food was good, lovely salads, various fresh bread and lots of variety (there are no steaks or lamb but the price reflects this) The wine is quite good and plentiful. The beer can get a bit boring after a few days as there is only one choice. The long trouser rule for men a dinner id strictly enforced. I can understand that they don't want beachwear on the evening but in 35 degree heat, its a little uncomfortable. I suggest a tailored shorts rule, also there is no dress code for women so they can wear anything, cut down frayed denims etc.
We did find that the pools closed rather early (6 o clock on most nights) and the beach bar could open later than 6. There is a bit of a problem with getting drinks in evening with waiter service but not as bad as some reviews suggest.
Last but not least the staff, excellent, there was not one that was not helpful and friendly.
A special mention must go to barmen Lefteris (Tezza) Kostas (beware the shots!!) and Mairte's Lefteris and Nikos and waitress Mariana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion,at the outsckirts of Hersonissos Silva Beach Hotel operates as an all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Silva Beach Crete, Greece