4,297 results
All reviews terra building bbq restaurant cosmos restaurant main building bungalow area cochlias restaurant animation team main pool romantic bar sea view a la carte restaurants greek village all inclusive resort great resort family vacation great vacation special thanks
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019

great holiday
Our travel agent showed us several Hotels in the Greek islands, the Creta Maris was a love at the fist sight. We have spent there 11 days in July-August, 2018, a family, couple with 7 years old child.
We arrived quite late, after 22.00, and was taken to our room. It was the last on the first floor in the terra building, with a side view to the see – as we booked a room with seaview, we were not satisfied. The man who took us to the room (with a golf car) called the reception immediately, and he told that the problem will be solved next day. As it was quite late, we went to have a late dinner (there is a restaurant for those who arrive late), and after went to bed. Next morning I went to the reception, and was absolutely prepared for a verbal fight. But there was no place for that: by the time I arrived (around 8-8.30) our new room was arranged… I told that I will be happy to pay more for a room in the bungalow area, but the receptionist (sorry, I forgot his name) convinced me that the Terra Area will be a good place to stay. After breakfast we packed our suitcases, and by lunchtime we were moved to our new, spacious room, with a beautiful view to the see. And a great vacation has started.
The Hotel area is huge, but that’s not a problem at all. There are several pools, everyone can find a favourite, and no matter where are you, there is a bar within 3 minutes’ walk. The Terra building was really a good choice: its restaurant is very quiet, peaceful, we hade long, relaxed breakfast there. The pools around the Terra building (there 3 very close to it) are all quite, not crowded at all. The sea is some walk from there, but in a very nice and well-maintained area it was not a challenge at all. Pools are clean, and we could easily find a sunbed. It’s true that the main pool is crowded, and sunbeds are occupied in the morning, but there is a great solution for that problem: choose one from the remaining six pools… The sea is nice, we always found sunbeds there.
Breakfast is good, I liked the variety of cheeses. The main restaurant (Cosmos) is nothing special, something you expect from a five-star hotel. It was good, we always found good food to eat, (next time I will take a pint-sized mug, I had to walk a lot to refill the small glass with beer…) the noise was disturbing sometimes, but it is quite normal. The themed restaurants are great. I learnt that there are problems with reservation, so I decided to try the way worked before: I asked the reception. The solution arrived with a smile, they explained how to reserve, and in the next days we had dinner at Estia, Pithos, Cochlias, Platia… And after a week I tried the reception again, and asked if it was possible to eat at Pithos or Cochlias once again… As we stayed for a longer period, not for a week, the answer was a yes again, and we had a reservation at the Cochlias once again… Pithos was our favourite, anyway. We spent there a great evening, almost three hours (and not because we had to wait)…
There are a lot of information about the Hotel in the net. The Hotel’s website is very informative, with its interactive map, and there are thousands of reviews, and once you arrive you will see that it is a huge complex, but discovering it is nice and easy. It is an advantage if you like cats, there are dozens of them. They look healthy and clean, so it is not a problem at all. My daughter loved the cats.
There is one important thing I have to underline: the staff. All the people working there are great, and in a great manner. They are helpful, but not “servile”, kind and communicative, but not too direct, polite, but friendly… I cannot really explain it but everyone, the cleaners, waiters-waitresses, receptionists, bartenders, animation team, everyone did a great job. I cannot imagine how a great staff was collected and kept together… And they are really helpful. We spent two days with some travel, and everyone I asked had a good advice about car rental, speed limits, nice roads, restaurants, places to visit, etc. And that's my advice for everyone: if you have a problem, just ask.
After five days, I forgot my phone. I did not even check my e-mails for days… I work as an attorney so it was a new, but good experience. I left months of stress behind.
Overall expression? We visited many countries and hotels, but never returned, we always tried to discover new places. Not this time. We already have our reservation for this August…

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank FreddyfromHungary
Creta_Maris, Marketing & PR Manager at Creta Maris Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are happy to read that you had a wonderful holidays’ experience at Creta Maris Beach Resort in 2018 and that you have chosen our accommodation once again this year! We would also like to thank you for the kind words and comments written and assure you that we will share them with the whole team.

Looking forward to accommodating you this summer and offering our best services and our Cretan hospitality again!

Reviewed January 20, 2019

The hotel maintenance is very high, the green areas are stunning.
Many places to eat, there is also restaurant near the main pool, good variety of food.
Great landscape in the whole complex.
And most important is the excellent service in all hotel units!
We'll definitely be back this summer

Date of stay: July 2018
Creta_Maris, Marketing & PR Manager at Creta Maris Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are more than happy that you enjoyed your holidays at Creta Maris Beach Resort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future and offering another memorable holidays’ experience!

Reviewed December 23, 2018

Accommodation in Deluxe Room was very nice, the room is commodious, with nice furniture. Double Bad and additional bad were very comfortable with many pillows...

Food was very variable and tasty including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, lots of fruits, cakes and ice scream… We were just missing choice of not so thick soups, better suitable for children.

The whole hotel area is very clean, service staff very helpful in restaurant, friendly and polite including room cleaning persons…

The evening Entertainment could be sometimes in the Maris Building area and not only in the upper area in Amphitheatre, Terra Building.

Sunbeds are comfortable in pool and beach area. The beach could be more frequently cleaned from see plants.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jamas-Jassu
Creta_Maris, Marketing & PR Manager at Creta Maris Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the holidays’ experience you had at Creta Maris Beach Resort, with us and the Tripadvisor’s travelers! We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Creta Maris Beach Resort.

As concerns children food choices, we hope you have mentioned something to our staff so we could inform our chefs to contact you and prepare the dishes of your children preferences.

Looking forward to accommodating you again and offering another memorable holidays’ experience!

Reviewed December 5, 2018

For an all inclusive it was nice. We usually go to Adults only so the kids was something different for us. Room was very bland, outdated but nice views and very spacious. We got a one-bedroom ocean front. The little mini bar wasn’t stalked with much. No art-work on the walls or decor gave it a very cold feel. Also, first hotel we’ve ever stayed in where you can’t flush toilette paper down the toilette. They provide a covered waste basket for this. Bed was comfy, food was pretty good. Beach was decent. There’s a beautiful rocky beach just left to the property that has very clear beautiful water with a small cove. Employees were polite. Lots of cats in the property that were well taken care of was nice.

Room tip: Ocean front!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dana N
Creta_Maris, Marketing & PR Manager at Creta Maris Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing the holidays’ experience you had at Creta Maris with us and the Tripadvisor’s travelers. We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration. However, please allow us to offer some explanations on the points mentioned in your review.

Please be kindly informed that we perform, almost each winter, partial renovations and refurbishments of our resort, in order to offer year after year even better holidays’ experience. We assume that your comment about our resort being out of date concerns its decoration and style, which probably was misunderstood, as Creta Maris is built according to the Aegean Architecture and the design style of all our rooms is contemporary.

As concerns your comment about the toilet, please be kindly informed that if you flush the paper you run the risk of blocking the drains, as the plumping system in Greece consists of small bore pipe-work that simply cannot cope with paper waste. This is why a pedal bin is provided by the side of the WC in which paper should be placed. Our maids empty this bin on a daily basis during the rooms’ everyday cleaning process.

We hope to have the chance to accommodate you again in the future!

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

As a returning guests,having been in Creta Maris 3times before,we knew what to expect and were looking forward to spend a family vacation there. Everything lived up to our expectations but one thing. Our daughter turned 2 years while staying there so we wanted to make her a small celebration. We went to the guest relations some 2-3 days in advance to organize a delivery of a birthday cake and we were said that it will be delivered to our room at agreed time and that there will be personnel singing a happy birthday to her. We wanted to pay for it but the hotel said this is a free service and it is on them. Good.
On day D what do you thin happened? After waiting for appr. 30 mins we checked the guest relations what the problem was. They seemed to not know about this. After another 15-20mins a waiter came with a cake (apparently being prepared hastily in the kitchen-they at least managed to write Happy birthday on it) delivered it to the room like they would have delivered any other meal, no candles,no congrats to our daughter, no nothing. A BIG, BIG dissapointment.
I was so pissed off I was not going to solve this right there as I didn’t want to spoil the rest of the vacation.
There is one more thing to this that really negatively surprised me. On my business travels it happened to me twice I stayed at the hotel on by birthday date. In both cases I received at least a small card with a wish signed by a hotel manager and a complimentary gift.
I was expecting this level of attention from Creta Maris management. It costs nothing to find out which guest is celebrating a birthday as they have this data provided at checkin. It costs nothing to show you care. Don’t get me wrong-the hotel and the personnel are otherwise really nice and we were happy there expect for this.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Mirec43
Creta_Maris, Marketing & PR Manager at Creta Maris Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and the comments written. We appreciate your feedback and the time you dedicated to write it and share it with us and the Tripadvisor’s travelers. We promise to take into consideration your comments and do our best to ameliorate even more our services.

We are sorry to read that we did not live up your expectations during your stay in Creta Maris, as this is our main goal. Please allow us to clarify that we are more than happy to offer a birthday cake in case of our guests’ birthday and sing the happy birthday song (when the delivery is taking place at the restaurant), or even arrange any special celebration with extra charge.

After reading your review, we have contacted our Guest Service team in order to find out what exactly had happened. Unfortunately, we assume that there was a misunderstanding during your conversation with the guest service agent. Therefore, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that we will do our best to remedy if you choose to visit Creta Maris again in the future.

Looking forward to accommodating you again!