We stayed in a garden view bungalow(room 851) from 15th June for two weeks. On arrival check in was very speedy and we were taken to our bungalow via a buggy. The room was very spacious with plenty of wardrobe space & dressing area, a nice size bathroom then down two steps to the sleeping area which also had a table & chairs & a sofa. Tea & coffee making facilities available in the room, also a hairdryer & should you need it an iron & ironing board.The cleaners were very efficient, our room was cleaned same time every day, with clean sheets & towels changed daily. The balcony was huge, it also had a table & chairs and two sun loungers.
As mentionioned in other reviews there are three Al a carte restaurants the Limoncello Italian, Pithos Greek & Cochlias which can be booked three times per week during your stay, which I have to say we had no problem whatsoever. We preferred the Cochlias which was BBQ night, there is also a fish night at this restaurant after eating there is Greek music and dancing. We did try the Limoncello but were disappointed, you can book for 6.30 sitting or 8.30pm. We chose the 8.30 but found the service very slow, people that we met had booked the 6.30 and had found it rushed. The main restaurant is the Cosmos, Friday is Gala Night with fine dining. The Almyra is more kebab style lunchtime dining area, also you can get a late breakfast at this restaurant, also ice cream available between 11-12 and 4 & 5pm. Overall the food was of a high standard, there is something for everyone. If you're on a diet forget it, the desserts are amazing I recommend the Baklava & Kataifi very yummy. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quality of the white wine on tap in the Cosmos. I am not a fussy eater but I do expect good quality food, I can find nothing to complain about and in the two weeks neither me or my partner had any tummy upsets - this I feel speaks volumes.
I can't really comment on the entertainment as we didn't go along to any of the organised events. We spent most evenings sat in the Romantic bar chatting with friends we made there. It was dissappointing that there was no background music of any kind. It wasn't until the morning we were leaving that we were sat here having a coffee and I noticed Greek music was being played. If only this had been the case in the evenings it would have provided much more atmosphere.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Erika from the animation team came for a chat every morning, and even though we couldn't be persuaded to be energetic and join her water arobics it didn't change her friendly attitude. I cannot say the same for Georgina also from the animation team who I and a number of other guests found to be arrogant and rude.
We spent most of our days lazing around the Steki bar and pool area. The Steki bar is run by a lovely Greek lady her name is Popi. What can I say about Popi, she is hard working, polite very sociable and funny. Nothing is too much trouble for her, and if she can do anything to help she will. When we first met Popi we were guests, when we left we were freinds and intend to stay in touch.
The only gripe I have is that the crazy paving along the walkways are made up of slate in places, and can be very slippery, I cannot imagine how dangerous it could be if it rained. Still that was not a problem for us as it was blue skies for the whole fortnight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece