Stayed at the Creta Maris in July this year, what a place!!!! not only do they have an excellent location, great facilities, fabulous food but they have the best staff I have ever come across at a hotel.
On arrival we got a free upgrade to the bungalows around the Steki pool and bar which were authentically greek and absolutey lovely, spacious and had great views.
I don't even know were to start with the food, the buffet restaurants had so much choice and everything was of a very high quality, the times of service were great and the snacks at the pool bars were handy. In the afternoon staff also brought watermelon and raki around the pool.
The al a carte restaurants were very nice for a change of scenery and also did lovely food with great atmosphere's.
The main pool was lively with excellent entertainment staff who tried to involve everyone but didn't pester but there was also the Steki pool if we wanted a bit of quiet.
Bars and drinks were all of a great standard with water fridges across the resort to refill your room fridges. The only complaint my partner had was that the beach bar didnt serve brandy in the evenings so we couldn's spend much time there (we are coming back next year so please can you put a bottle of brandy behind the beach bar!)
I must end with the staff because without them the hotel would be good but it wouldn't be the same amazing experience, by the end of the holiday we felt like the staff were long time friends. A special mention must go to the staff at the Maris building romantic bar, Yiannis, Stefi and Sofia but especially Popi at the Steki bar who was always happy to make us whatever we wanted to eat and always happy to see us.
I was always a person who said I would never go to the same place twice as why would you, well the Creta Maris is a reason to go back and we can't wait until next year when we can get back there!
Thanks to all the staff at the Creat Maris and see you soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Travelocity so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece