My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Creta Maris. We had paid in advance for a room in the Maris building with a sea view. We arrived late and were told that we would get out keys when we had eaten and that golf buggies would take us to the restaurant which they did but nobody thought to tell us how to get back again! However, one of the waiters called for a buggy to take us back down (not difficult to find your way around in daylight but it felt as though we were miles away from anywhere in the dark).
We were shown to our room and unfortunately it was one of the rooms that I had read about on Tripadvisor with the closed-in balcony and only partial sea view. We asked to be moved and the second room had a lovely open sea view but only twin beds. We were asked if we would stay for the night and they would push the beds together and make them up as one the following day, which they did.
The rooms are a little tired - not 5* - but they are kept spotlessly clean. We were disappointed to find though that there was nothing in the room to tell us what time meals were, where the restaurants were OR that we needed cards to be able to get towels - I have to assume that was because we arrived late and the staff wanted to make sure we got to eat.
The sunbed situation at the main pool? Forget it - I believe this is a major, major problem at the Creta Maris and something that needs addressing as a matter of urgency. Being around the main pool didn't matter to us and there are lots of other, quieter pools around the complex but if you intend to stay with a young family or you are indeed yourselves young, please be aware of this.
The food is excellent and surely must suit even the most fussy of eaters.
Before I come to my final point, I have to say that the greatest asset that the Creta Maris has is it's workforce - they are without doubt some of the best I have ever experienced. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them and it is very hard to single out one person but I want to say a special "thank-you" to Popi at the Stekis pool bar for providing our lovely Greek salad and mixed grill luncheons washed down with a beer or an Ouzo or two!
Finally Creta Maris management team - please do not try and mix corporate events with holiday makers - you have separate facilities for this so use them. For the last 3 days of our stay a large part of the restaurant was reserved and the usually very quiet and peaceful Stekis pool was overtaken by a large group of attendees who were playing water polo as part of their "team building" day - some of these people were very drunk and most of the people around the pool decided to leave.
Would I recommend the Creta Maris? - probably. Would I go again? - probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece