“Horrible”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Horrible”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Eating at this tavern, became our worst nightmare. The food we ordered was tasteless, moldy and absolutely uneatable. The prices of the food you order are much too high, and you get to pay for things you didn't even order! The staff doens't speak English very well. They are a little overenthusiastic as well. I won't recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Joan W

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Vienna, Austria
“great atmosphere - friendly host - tasty food”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Petros was such an enthusiastic waiter . Truly Greek cuisine , no frills straight-forward and delicious . Even our picky , pizza eating 15 year old loved it :) Sitting under the vines and fuit tress was marvelous ! Quick service and hard working family ! Go , eat and enjoy !

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank getupandgo3
TaPetrina, Ιδιοκτήτης at Ta Petrina, responded to this review, June 3, 2016
Thanks you too much for your review. I hope tell you again sometime. Give my regards to you family from all my family. With love from Crete
London
“Friendly, genuine Greek taverna”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I found Ta Petrina while out exploring one day, and first took my wife back there for dinner, then the whole family (plus two friends). There's not much of the real Greece in Hersonissos town, which is just a pleasant resort town with very lively nightlife, so when I came upon Old Hersonissos, up the hill, I texted my wife to say 'I've found Greece'. Tucked away at the back, beyond the main square and easily missed, is Ta Petrina. Family-run, you get a real, warm Greek welcome - the friendly proprietress insisted on showing me the wood-burning oven on my first visit. And while the menu is broader than just Greek - there's pizza, for example - you'll want to try the real Greek food on offer, which is as good as anywhere we tried during our two week stay.

• Visited July 2011
TaPetrina, Ιδιοκτήτης at Ta Petrina, responded to this review, June 3, 2016
Thanks you for your review. I hope to tell you again. Give my regards to your family.
with love from cret