“Excellent”
Review of Kreta Natur

Kreta Natur
Ranked #49 of 184 Hotels in Hersonissos
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Excellent value for money clean, nice grounds, 20 min walk to beach and the same to Hersonissos. The owners George and Maria are wonderful, nothing is to much trouble and make sure you do the BBQ on Monday night. Pool is excellent with plenty of loungers. Overall excellent alot better than other places we have stayed in Greece for 5 times the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank channi

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I am writing this review while sitting by the pool enjoying a cup of coffee and some of Maria's lovely cake. We are only here for 5 nights but I would happily stay here forever! I have never met such warm, friendly and lovely owners in Maria and George. So much effort and love has been put in to creating a beautiful environment - George has spent a lot of time creating beautiful surroundings. The rooms are clean, spacious with a shower better than ours at home! The pool area is amazing. Comfy sun beds, lovely big pool, great little bar where Maria and George will pretty much do whatever they can for you. It is laid-back perfection! Love it. You will too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KellySDavies
Reviewed September 3, 2011

George and Maria are such a warm couple. They made us feel like family once again from the moment we arrived. They were so glad to see us come back. I think it says a lot about this place that most of the guests were also returning from previous years.

The rooms are so much better and more comfortable than just 2 years ago! I was impressed... it's the details: brand new towels, new bedding and linens, the complimentary waters for us on arrival in our room.

Once we were settled, George took us on a tour of his new landscaping and rock collection, and we went to the rooftop terrace just in time to see that magical red sunset over the sea.

I get restless on holidays... to much sitting still. But there is something magical about sitting still in this place! We can spend all day by the pool, and get a snack or lunch or drink at the little bar there. When I get the urge to explore, we walk 2 minutes down the hill to the beach, or drive 5 minutes to some of our favourite beaches in Crete, or take a day trip to (Lassithi, Elounda, Matala or wherever). George has this map where we would do our "morning brief" of where we could explore next. Loved it!

We had a wonderful holiday at Kreta Natur once again. George and Maria, we'll come back again soon! Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DavidL0nd0n
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here in July 2011 and thought the hotel was wonderful. I went with my boyfriend and 2 friends aged 19-21 and we all loved it!

The rooms are spacious and modern, cleaner came every day and towels were changed every other day. Maria and George the owners are great people and will do anything to help you. The hotel and surroundings are beautiful with very comfortable sunbeds. The pool is a good size and we found we never had to rush to get sun beds which you find in larger hotels.

There is a bbq once a week which is unmissable, with traditional greek food and Bill the barman does greek dancing, be prepared to join in! The hotel is near a couple of cafe/bars and supermarkets, and also very close to the beach. We found the supermarkets there to be quite expensive so mainly ate lunch at the hotel bar where Maria makes beautiful french potatoes (chips) and pizza, or at one of the local bars. The hotel is a short taxi ride from Hersonissos centre where there are plenty of bars and restaurants, costs around 8 euros, wouldn't recommend walking as there aren't many pavements or street lights. Taxis from the airport to the hotel cost around 40 euros, cheaper alternative is to get the bus to Hersonissos then get a taxi from there.

Overall thought it was a fantastic hotel and exceptional value!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rebecca_toots
Reviewed July 12, 2011

If I could go back tomorrow - I would. George & Maria were most helpful and gave me lift to the beach and picked me back up. They also took me to the supermarket with them as I don't walk to well and don't drive.
If Otello wanted night life - he/she should have stayed in town centre. some of us like peace and quiet. I am not quite 50, though not far off and I don't want to be kept up by disco music till 05:00.
By the way, who is Bill? What happened to Noah, who used to run the bar?
Stayed Spring 2010. Very clean, very nice people.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank katzi1
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Absolutely fantastic! Owners make you feel very welcome. Hotel has been beautifully landscaped and the rooms are clean and well maintained. Cleaner comes every day. Within walking distance to the beach and local shops and cafes. Short taxi ride from hersonnissos which costs about 8 euros. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Craig1990
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My girlfriend and I have just recently returned from a 10-day visit. We felt welcome and relaxed as soon as we met George and Maria, two of the most warm and charming hosts you could ever wish to meet. The atmosphere is relaxed and unpretentious. If we visit Crete again (and I reckon we will), Kreta Natur will be our base. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple