“A little gem with wonderful items”
Review of Idolio

Idolio
Ranked #5 of 19 Shopping in Hersonissos
Watford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A little gem with wonderful items”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

A wonderful little gem in the among tourist shops along the main road of Hersonissos. Idolio Gallery has so many different items crammed into the store you could spend all afternoon just wandering looking at all the different items they have.
There are antique Byzantine icons, bronze, glass, stones, modern and classic art in addition to jewellery.
I purchased a hand painting on glass by Anactacia G in which she uses both gold and silver foil. There was just so much I fell in love with, I could have spent ALL of my money in this one shop!

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Applebrains

Bucharest, Romania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unforgettable”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I visited Crete 5 times, no matter where in Crete I stayed I certainly returned to this amazing place (it seems to be a shop but I really can't name it as such). Anyone who enters it keeps a large smile and feels mesmerized long after leaving the place- so many little treasures, or not so little works of art, the overall feeling, the atmosphere created by the owners, it's such a place of beauty! And most important of all- the owners themselves, I never in my life felt more welcomed, anywhere; such beautiful and pleasant people, I can't wait to meet them again, someday. Even after a couple of years they recognize their clients and greets them as long time friends. And the feeling is mutual.

Visited August 2011
8 Thank moirain_damodred
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Idolio The "museumshop"”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Idolio a.k.a. the "museumshop" filled with many beautifull items from all over Europe and some other continents from ancient till present artforms and a litle from inbetween as well.
Spread over two buildings they find the right balance to expose the temporary,modern and ancient artwork in different styles,materials.Icons,worrybeads,jewellery,sculptures and glasart in many sizes and forms,many of those things one expects to see in museums instead of a shop in the middle of a popular touristresort.I was plesantly surprised to find out that the owner Mr Andreas Nikas and his wife Ms mariaTabouratzi have some of the "collection" for themselves to enjoy and the rest to sale to be able to collect more beautiful pieces of artwork in the near future.They're always there to help people to get what they really want and will enjoy for times to come instead of making a quick sale and cashing in and be done with it.
I've never had the pleasure of entering a world from which i thought only existed in my dreams,to find out such a place exists was like dream come true.I'm quiet possitive that many other people will be able to have the same experience as i have when having visited Idolio a.k.a "the museumshop".

9 Thank sisyphosii