“A simple hotel .”
Review of MM Hotels

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kanchipuram
MM Hotels
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Kanchipuram
Chennai
“A simple hotel .”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Small Clean rooms , a neat bathroom and decent service make the MM Hotel as a good choice in Kanjeepuram. There's nothing fancy about it , but it serves the purpose if you are in kanjeepuram for a couple of nights. Very conveniently located at the heart of the city. The Saravanan bhavan restaurant is attached to the hotel and can be accessed from the hotel lobby itself . That's an added bonus. Very good value for money .

Room Tip: The rooms may be a tad small but have all that one needs. TV, Coffee Maker in room, AC. Clean and ne...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Full disclosure: I did not stay in this hotel. I had requested a reservation for 1 night online and received email notification. when I called back to let them know that I would be checking in late, the front desk person was very rude and disconnected the line. when I called back later, he stated that the reservation was cancelled and that they would give me a room if I came in person and if there were rooms available. I asked them about the possibility of a room being available , to which he replied that he will be able to let me know when I reach there. I was traveling with my parents and would be reaching at 12 am. I asked him to cancel and made reservation with Hotel Baboo Soorya, which was also a mistake.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank usapguy

Travelers are raving about these Kanchipuram hotels

Malaysia
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family stayed one night in this hotel. Ok let me start my experience from the check in moment. A very cold welcome. As we were checking in, another guest was making noise at the reception counter staff regarding some issue about their room. Given a choice, i would have immediately walk away from this hotel but as we were travelling with elderly people and a toddler we decided to just put up in this hotel. Low spirited after the check in incident, we entered our room and there goes what little spirit we had. Very old, cramped and gloomy. That's the description i can give for the room. You would think twice to sleep on the matresses. Mind you, this hotel has heavy occupancy. So tear and wear is very obvious. As for the service... Unacceptable! The staff and managament of this hotel really need to be reminded that they are in hospitality industry! Really regretted picking this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank natureloverMalaysia
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am Manoj, We were 2 people staying in this hotels for a day and a night. I made a booking on 16th June using Travel- guru and made a call to confirm booking on 20th June to MM Hotel and found out they haven't received any confirmation from Travel-guru. My travel date was 25th June, I made a call again on 24th June where the person who took my call was in a rush to disconnect the call and is not ready to answer any of my question he just told booking is confirmed and bam!! hung up the call.

It brings to me to the hotel on 25th June, again shocked !! the person in the front desk told we haven't received the payment yet you might now check-in and if we haven't received the payment until your check-out you have to pay and get a refund from travel-guru.

I was not sure whats happening !!?!! how a payment done on 16th June is not received by the hotel until 25th June !!

The room was clean and great however a little expensive.

The room service was approachable any time.

Overall good, except the payment issue.

Then it brings us to 26th 12:00 PM check-out timing, we came in to front-desk handed over the key and told about the booking issue, might be the manager, he was polite and checked the payment and confirmed the payment is done after 20 min of checking in his computer.

Finally we enjoyed a lot .. a good place to stay in ...

Room Tip: 1. The hotel is new to online booking, so they have to keep them updated accordingly. 2. The front...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sathish I, Manager at MM Hotels, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Respected sir,
Thank you for spending your valuable time in reviewing our hotel, We are really sorry about the payment issue troubles, there has been some mis communication with Travel guru. I assure it wont be a problem again. Thank you once again and looking forward to meet you again.

Regards
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were 4 people staying in this hotels for a night and a day. The front office was friendly and easy going. This is a center place to visit all the major temples with good eateries out. Hot water was available only between 5am and 9 am every day. There were women attenders too who made us ladies feel more comfortable. The hotel helped us to find a good Guide who showed us the temples we intended to visit and it was very time effective. Over all MM Hotels is a clean, simple and well maintained!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sathish I, Manager at MM Hotels, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Respected Madam,
Thank you for spending your valuable time in reviewing our hotel, it was our pleasure having you here. We are glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay. Looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,
Chennai
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Today, I called MM Hotel Cell # 09443265020 , the manager/phone user is out of station and herequested to call the Hotel Lan Line # 044-27227250/43. When I spoke to the Front Desk executive his response to the questions are not polite and moreover he is rushing to disconnect the call and not helping to share the requested information instead saying please come in person for more details. This is very poor customer service and dont know phone mannerism. He denied to share his name also. Request the Hotel Management to look into this and educate the staff to provide good service to the customers. I can be reachable at f1mohan@gmail.com

Regards,
Mohan

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Mohan K
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just walked-in at the last minute on a weekend luckily got a room. Check-in process pretty simple. Room was very good. Its center of the Kanchipuram city opposite to main bus stand, so easy to travel around all the places.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sudhakar S
Sathish I, Manager at MM Hotels, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Respected Sir,
Thank you for your review, it was our pleasure having you stay in our hotel. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Regards
M.M.Hotels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kanchipuram
Regency Kanchipuram by GRT Hotels
#6 of 11 in Kanchipuram
Sri Hari Residency
Sri Hari Residency
#1 of 18 in Kanchipuram

Been to MM Hotels? Share your experiences!