Having been to 2 gorgeous GRT properties in Chennai & Mamallapuram, the restaurant at this hotel was a shocking disappointment. The hotel itself doesn't appear to be as well-maintained as its sister facilities. The parking is cramped and difficult to manuever through the small driveway.
We ordered prawn-friedr rice, chicken-fried rice, a veggie platter and chicken tikka masala. Granted, I'm in South India, so I wasn't expecting the tikka masala to knock my socks off, but we would have liked to have seen more meat in the entree dish. There was plenty of oily sauce and maybe 4 chunks of chicken. The prawn-fried rice must've used minced prawns because we did not see anything resembling a crustacean in the dish.
We ordered cold bottled water and after a prolonged wait, our server returned with a warm bottle of water. After sending it back, we waited for a while longer before getting the water.
Not sure what other options exist in Kanchipuram, but this experience definitely left us disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GRT Regency, Kanchipuram offers 36 centrally air-conditioned rooms, comprised of 3 suites, 3 single rooms, 12 double rooms and 18 master rooms. The hotel offers facilities and services like color TVs with satellite transmission, safe deposit lockers, Broadband/Wi-Fi facilities and 24 hour hot and cold water in rooms and also has a 24 hour Restaurant - Dakshin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Regency Kanchipuram by GRT Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grt Regency-Kanchipuram Hotel Kanchipuram
- Regency Kanchipuram By GRT Hotels Tamil Nadu