“Close to Beach - Rest is Average”

Hotel Pushpa (Berries Group of Hotels)
Ranked #49 of 81 Hotels in Puri
Bengaluru, India
“Close to Beach - Rest is Average”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I visited during the Rath Yatra festival. So not sure if it was the reason for the Average kind of service. I booked an A/C room month before online. No hassles at check-in. It's very close to the beach, but there's nothing like Beach view. So i mean no need to spend extra bucks for Beach view rooms as it doesn't matter. TV was not working in my room (not that i need it :)). I had to ask for each and every thing like Towel, Soap etc. Surprising that they don't do this minimum check during room cleaning for the price they are charging. Restaurant didn't look great for the prices they charge.

Room Tip: No need to pay more for Sea/Beach view rooms as there's not much difference. Just walk to beach...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Phani Kiran R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Mumbai
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This trip was unforgettable because of Car festival of Lord Jagannath. The service offered was excellent in every way. I am very much happy about the cleanness of the hotel, Co-operation of the front office staff was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Raipur, India
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is situated at a prime beach at Puri. Rooms are very economical, clean and spacious. Staff is very nice and helpful.
Hope to come here again soon!!.They also have a restaurant providing good food and they also have room service available. This is the best option available for budget travellers who wanna enjoy near the beach.
I came with few of my guests who frequently visit Puri and was initially worried if they liked this place. However, this experience was more than awesome and everyone here loved the rooms and the service provided by the management.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel are excellent;especially the one's on the top floors.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kamwarCG
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I decided to check out Berries after reading the reviews on trip advisor, and I must say it did not disappoint. In fact, we had such a wonderful time that I am sure we will only stay here on our next trips to Puri! The manager and staff are so helpful and accommodating and make this place such a welcoming haven. We were travelling with our 4 mth old baby, my wife and my mother and they made sure we were comfortable and went out if their way to see that we had a lovely stay.
The rooms are airy and clean. The vegetarian dishes were mouthwateringly delicious, and so is the masala chai, which he even packed for our drive back to Kolkata. The bathroom was spacious and clean. The beds and lenin were clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: We were staying in Deluxe Room. Good view of sea.
Kolkata
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a budget vegetarian hotel just a stone throw away from the sea beach. It is located in an alley behind the puri hotel. The rooms are really nice, service and staff are also great. Food is really tasty and affordable. Good views of the sea from the terrace.

4 Thank sudipnandy
Kolkata
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I went to Puri with my family in the first week of May on a very short trip and spent one night in Hotel Pushpa. It is a nice budget hotel near the sea. Only a small portion of the sea is visible from the balcony of the room though they claimed it as a sea view room. We reached the hotel at 5am in the morning and found the rooms clean and ready to occupy. The restaurant served tasty veg food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The staff were polite and courteous and were ready to help. The only trouble occured during the power cuts. This was too frequent, atleast during the 2 days of our stay, and the generator had to be started manually after a power cut. So we had to spend 5-10 mins every now and then without any power. Also the AC did not work during power cuts. Thankfully the power cuts did not last for a long time at a stretch. Overall we enjoyed the stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the second floor or above. The hotel staff can bring non veg food from outside to t...
5 Thank Anirban_DeKolkata
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March 2013 for three days. Rooms are quite good. Bathroom is also good (though an exhaust fan would make it better). Staff were polite (all of them). I didn’t try the restaurant as I found the rates too high. Location is near perfect – it never makes you feel you’re far from the see (it’s a tiny walk). From the balcony of the hotel you get a magnificent view of the sea on another side. The only thing I found objectionable was the use of the term “sea view” for superior rooms. I think it is natural for one to think of the sea right in front of the window when you read these words. However, if you have that sort of romantic thought in your mind – you will be terribly disappointed because all you will get to see is a small slice of the sea (far away) NOT from your window but from a tiny balcony attached to the room. I have given a photo to show what sort of “sea view” I got from the room I stayed. The “non-sea” view rooms had also a balcony but without the sea view. Personally, it didn’t impress me one bit. I would have opted for the non-sea view room for the much lower room rate. For me sea view has only one meaning a view of the whole sea from the window like Puri hotel.

Shekhar Das Gupta