“Pleasant Stay on the waves”
Review of Jamindar's Palace

Jamindar's Palace
Ranked #1 of 127 Puri B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed in jamindar's palace on 10th and 11th jan 2014. The stay was very fine. Rooms are very spacious and well managed. Try to get a beach facing room. from the balcony you will get a clear view of bay of bengal. service is quick. The best part is the pandit provided by hotel for puri darshan, he was very helpful, I asked staff do i have to pay him, they told you need not but if you wish at the end you may. and I bet at the end you will from your heart will give some dakshna to the pandit ji. only down side is a near by abandoned kind of building and litter. If you wish you may avoid using trvel desk service provided by hotel as its not much organised now, I dont know whther i was charged much on my trip to chilka and back to bhubaneshwar. In bhubaneshwar i stayed in Ginger I can tell you Jamindars palace is atleast 5 times better than Ginger. I enjoyed my stay and will refer to my friends the same. I wish they reduce price in future a bit. Thanks for reading

Room Tip: Choose Beach facing room. I stayed in 101 and 102 which are beach facing.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in Jamindar's Palace from 14th to 17th of December 2013.

Location - Beach Facing Resort, can be regarded as a beach resort. Only problem beach view will
also give you view of litters and garbage which is trashed nearby. At night excellent
view since you cannot see the litters and garbage in the darkness. You will get a full
view of the ocean and can hear the sounds of the wave from your balcony.

Room - Excellent. Both Room and Bathroom. This hotel is just year and a half old so it has to
be good. Hopefully they will keep on renovating. Rooms are really big.

Food - Complimentary breakfast is offered but very poor. Considering their room rate is
Rs.4100/- that is what they sell online, breakfast is very poor. I did not take breakfast
during my stay. It is not worth consuming. Very basic and very poor.

Food on order is equally bad. If you play to stay do not order food not even tea. Also
I found later on that a tea bill was wrongly added to my invoice. But that I think was
something by human error.

Luckily the hotel is placed between Puri Mayfair and Puri Pantha Nivas. Both have good food to offer. So you definitely can stay in this hotel for its quality of room and view and eat at Mayfair or Pantha Nivas.

Staff - The bellboys , room service and reception is very helpful.

My Complaints :

1. Quality of food and its pricing.

2. My room had a power failure at 10 pm and the electrician said that nothing can be done about it. The night staff was very helpful in shifting us to another room but I expected an
apology from the owner or the manager the next morning.

I had ordered ice-cream the same night after they shifted me, at-least they could have given us the icecream as complimentary.

3. The hotel at this price anywhere i have stayed so far offers fruit basket, welcome drink and
complimentary mineral water, but everything was missing.

4. Rs.4100/- still over price for overall experience.

5. Swimming Pool is at the entrance with Zero Privacy, specially if you are a woman. It is more like a big water tank.

I had 35% discount coupon from GoIbibo I got it for Rs.2800.

My verdict - If you want a hotel with excellent room and location then Jamindars Palace is great. But at this price point you can consider paying a bit more and stay at Mayfair.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandeepmuramen
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Jamindar's Palace is an upcoming hotel with modern facilities. Some of its rooms are sea facing and very good. Being a new hotel, the owners have taken care to install the latest branded accessories which uplift the place. However some amenities are missing which should have been included in the same cost:
1) Personal numeric locker
2) Bathtub in the deluxe rooms (sea facing ones)
3) Private parking space (currently only 4 cars can be parked on the inclined entrance - rest have to be kept on road). The hotel does promise security for the ones parked on road.
4) A full fledged dining room/restaurant. The kitchen is very good and we generally took meals in the room.
5) Some oversight is evident. The wall back of the LCD TV was unpainted/dirty while the rest of the room was painted perfectly. Some how that wall was missed. Tells me proper quality control was not there.
6) Door locking mechanism is already faulty (atleast in my room) and took practice in locking and getting the key out :-)
7) Breakfast is quite good however a few more items would be advisable
8) Swimming pool is oddly situated.. bang near the main gate. Not sure whether anyone would like to swim there in full view of all strangers. Better use that place for parking.

By all accounts, its a very good hotel by Puri standards, but a little attention would make it the best.

Room Tip: Room 1 to 7 in each floor are sea-facing. So if booking online or by phone .. insist on those rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CRay75
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Very good place to stay with access to less crowded and relatively clean beach. The staff were inexperienced but well behaved. Even though the property is still under construction with no restaurant the room service is good but sometimes takes lot of time. We had ordered Jain food and they did a very good job.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sweta1234
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked Jamindar's Palace for our Honeymoon stay. And we did so after lots of research. We didn't wanted to spoil our experience and wanted a pleasant stay so we went through numerous reviews and shortlisted Aveda Resort, Jamindar's palace, Hotel Holiday resort, Hans Coco palm. We ruled out Aveda because it was too far and we heard that bridge connecting sea and resort was broken due to winds. Hotel Holiday resort suites were too costly and rooms were not quite good enough in photos and also they were charging 20% extra service charge. Our main priority was room and beach view. So we ended up between Hans coco palm and Jamindar's palace. Hans coco palm exterior was too good but rooms reviews were not good and also the photos were not encouraging. So finally after so much of thinking we booked a suite in Jamindar's palace. We sent a mail to them and asked for their best deal and they provided us a very good deal so we went ahead with it leaving the rest on luck. And i must say i m glad that i booked it. It was just what i wanted. Rooms were too good. Its a new property so everything was fresh and good. Fittings in rooms bathrooms everything was just fine. And yes the balcony they have its spacious and the sea view cannot be better than that. It was too good. The location of the hotel is awesome. Just beside Mayfair. Its too near to railway station and a little far from main Puri. So beach is just perfect you to enjoy. Not too crowd and neither lonely. Just perfect the way it should be. Staffs were good and service was more than satisfactory. They even allowed us to check various rooms before finalizing one despite the fact they already kept one room ready for us. And also they extended our check out time by one hour on our request. The hotel really want to keep their visitors happy and leave a good impression and they did. I recommend this hotel.

Best Experience: The best thing about the hotel is they have many rooms with sea facing. And the location is just too good. Also the food was good and the complimentary breakfast was good. On our last day of stay there were not many people staying so they removed the buffet and arranged tables for our breakfast like any restaurant. And the quality and serving left us puzzled for a moment whether its complimentary or they gonna charge us. But it was absolutely free.

Worst Experience: None. Seriously none.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

one cann't ask for more!Hats off to the owner who must have constructed this hotel considering his own home.This hotel is an example of luxury and sophistication.no words can describe it totally.Location,service,rooms,bathrooms,food quality,reception,etc.etc.etc.
we wish the hotel is maintained like this. This will be the ultimate destination in puri for those who value quality.enjoy your stay in future.we will certainly put up again once the hotel is totally complete.

CA Arunava Chakraborty
Kolkata

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

For every Odia Puri is a first & must honeymoon destination.

We booked the property much aware that it was not completed and still under construction. What made us book the hotel, away from crowd, near to beach and complete privacy. The sea facing room's scenic view made us glitter .... Feeling was just magnificent !! A place for truly unwinding yourself where you get pampered with excellent service and food.The staff is warm, always ready to help with a smile.

Location is the USP of this property and I would love to re-visit the place just because of this.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple