“nice experience”

OYO 3345 Shubham Beach
Ranked #33 of 125 Puri B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2014

we arrived in puri on 23rd dec & decided to stay there in shubham after checking few more. 1st of all make it clear that although it is near to beach n have great view from roof top of the hotel, there are only 1/2 rooms on each floor facing sea beach from where u can enjoy view of sea beach from window. Rest everything i assure are best at reasonable price. rooms r neat n clean n in very good condition. You will get amazing hospitallity.

Room Tip: look for room on sea facing side n on higher floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The overall experience was good as I checked in on 11th October late evening by the train from Kolkata, since the precyclone warning was already there , I asked the hotel authorities to send me a vehicle for picking me up.
The next day i.e Saturday 12th October the weather was cloudy and rains were happening at intermittent intervals , the hotel authorities asked me to stay indoors for the day and enjoy the sea from the view room allotted to me.

I followed the word of the authorities and by afternoon the weather was so bad with gusty winds and heavy rains , the hotel provided all help to the few guests who were in the hotel .The power was gone at the hotel from Saturday and we were provided with generator services for 3-4 hours in th emorning and evening and hence everything was normal on Saturday also.

All thanks to the hotel authorities that inspite of odd situation , there was smile all around the hotel staff and everybody was helpful and all credit goes to the DGM Mr Pattnaik swho was overlooking after all the arrangements.

I recommend this hotel to all who are visiting Puri and the place is also lovely and neat and clean with food being also good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank sudeepbra
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed with our friends and family in this hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is very reasonable, affordable and comfortable. The Location is a bit far if you consider or interested in the congested Swargadwar area but reasonable distance from the Jagnath Temple. We always found autorikshaw available near the hotel for commuting.

The breakfast was good and reasonable, though not a ABF and a buffet. The staff are more willing to help and prompt enough.

The beach is 3-4 mins walking but the road is a bit difficult... the beach to me was not suitable for getting in but you can walk a bit to find a good one.

Overall the stay was a good one. I will surely recommend this hotel to people travelling with family and not willing to burn money for the stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the frontside are better with a glimpse of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sandip2304
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Puri was not in our plan....we asked around and got to know about Shubham Beach at the station....took this stop cos my friend was not feeling well...We checked in the hotel, and when the staff got to know that my friend is sick immediately turned into the most homeliest people ever....got us medicine and even asked if we needed a doctor..we stayed for 3 days...the room was spacious....breakfast lunch dinner all vegetarian were excellent...the cook even prepared some Khichdi for my friend....this hotel is very placed, with just minutes to the beach but still far from all the city noise....Ideal place for a tourist....oh and the terrace has amazing view :)

I will say that this place has amazing hospitality and all in all its a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. Wonderfully organised relation between quality and price and in my opinion, very well located. We arrived around 11am asking to leave our bags, but instead we were quickly checked in. The rooms are great - spacious and modern. There is a large and comfortable bed, a working area, and a large flat screen TV that can be angled for either bed or working area viewing. We've stayed in hotels in Puri earlier, none have been as great as this, So I think that speaks volumes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

By seeing the reviews and picture online I had booked the stay at Shubham but I was disappointed after the visit . I must say rooms are spacious and clean as per the picture displayed online .But U can stay just with the rooms . The food service which is the adequate part was very poor. Whenever u ask anything in the menu there would be a big no . Breakfast is said to be included in tariff. But they say whatever is ready to eat is free and whatever u order separately is chargable . We found only one serviceboy throughout the two day stay and the turn aroung time was very much.. Overall I would rate it as 2 on a scale of 5 . The receptionist had no idea about anything avaialble there .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good location, just 3-4 mins walk from the beach and the temple is about 10 mins drive.

The rooms were small but clean with fresh linens, blankets & towels. The bed was comfortable. There is a small study table and a spacious wardrobe. Near the washroom is a small sofa with center table. Just above is a AC which was working perfectly fine. The washroom was clean with hot water but the geyser needed frequent breaks for the water to heat up.

The hotel has a small dining space which can accommodate just about 15 ppl at a time. The food options are limited but very well prepared.

Suggestions:
1. Needs addition to the breakfast menu
2. Better quality geysers with higher water capacity.
3. Tea/Coffee maker in the room given the tariff charged.
4. The dining area capacity to be increased to accommodate more guests.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends