“Nice Hotel during my 9th Trip at Puri”
Review of Hotel Bangalaxmi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Hotel Bangalaxmi
Ranked #37 of 89 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Yes I have experienced to make the 9th trip on Dec 2012 and planned to again make the 10th trip at the same place Puri and stay on the Bangalaxmi Hotel for the 4th time. I travel myself with my mom, brother in law, father in law, sister in law, wife and 2 yrs. daughter in several times at the same hotel. And YES it is a good hotel with reasonable range of tariff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed with my family from 24th May to 27th May 2013. My dream to provide a memorable leisure to my family was shattered. Except good location of the hotel, service was pathetic. Though we placed order for lunch with the hotel staff I was astonished to find that the order was not placed with the restaurant and had to manage with whatever available. The restaurant was managed by just two persons and were handle from taking orders, serving food, cleaning tables preparing bills collecting cash. A strange norm is that you have to pay food bills with cash immediately after having food in the restaurant. You will also not get get at the pre-ordered timings and will have to wait at least 30 mins. But the dining hall is clean. Rooms are cleaned everyday but bed sheets are not changed but simply overturned every two days. Though we stayed AC rooms (tarrif Rs 2600/- + Tax) room service was extremely poor. The room had a window AC which was installed near the ceiling. Though there is a Lift, it works from 1st Floor only and do not expect the lift to be available for ready use from the ground floor. Towels are provided for the whole duration of stay and be prepared to manage with just one towel for the whole stay and any request will not evoke any response from the housekeeping. Credit Cards are not accepted and you have to pay cash. The hotel will also not give you any any bills and we did not get any bill for the room rent when we checked out. Except location of the hotel nothing is praiseworthy. It was very bad vacation and certainly not worth the expenditure considering the high room rent and very poor service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Mintu M
Reviewed April 21, 2013

It is a first-line hotel i.e. there's nothing but the drive way between this hotel and the beach. It is located just a minute's walking distance away from Swargadwar. That's nice coz the beach that is in front of this hotel is less congested than what you find at Swargadwar. It has 2 buildings - (i)the older building situated a bit away from the road with directly sea-facing non-ac rooms having common balcony and (i)the newer building situated closer to the road with ac rooms and individual balconies(mostly) which provide angular view of the sea.

We stayed in the 3rd floor rooms of the new building. The rooms and the bathrooms were clean and well maintained and with sufficient space. Housekeeping service was satisfactory. As I told earlier, these rooms provide angular view of the sea which is enjoyable even from the bed.

The staff of the hotel were ok. Often we availed the hotel's restaurant's food in our room. Most of the times service was as promised. Food was good. Though, given the location of the hotel, one has enough options of eating outside the hotel.

During my visit there was a glitch that the elevator didn't operate for several hours in the afternoon everyday, which was a problem for the aged. If that has been rectified by now, I would not hesitate in suggesting this hotel.

Room Tip: AC rooms which are at the front side do not have balcony
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank I M
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had been there during year 2012. From outside the hotel look awesome, but as you reach the room booked for you might get disappointed. This type of experience I had during my visit. Location wise it is excellent especially for those who want to stay away from crowded place. General rooms are not at all specious. There are few rooms which are big but instead of attached balcony big windows are there. Glasses of the windows are not clean enough. Curtains are dirty. Sometimes like me you may face problems with A/C. View of sea from room is angular. This hotel do not provide any support when you will go to sea for bathing. No chair. no umbrella, no life-saver (Nulia), no security guard absolutely nothing. As far as food is concerned it is also very average.
My suggestion there are many better places to stay in Puri, so this place is not at all recommended at least from my end.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is one of the best stay infront of beach.Rooms are good and well decorated.Bit expensive but worth the value.They have a nice restaurant in ground floor where you can get awesome hot food.
My family is impressed with the daily housekeeping.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Tania299
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We booked two rooms for 4 adults in advance before 10 days check in. But between this periods one of my family member was fall sick . For that I went 2 people me & my Mom on 3rd May 2012. And request them before 5 days for cancel one room. But Hotel booking Agent ( Anik Udyog, Kolkata) recognize by Hotel Bangalaxmi itself, refuse to given money back and cancel the room. When check in I told to the reception that we don’t require 2 rooms. But they also refuse to cancel 1 room booking .

We stay 3 nights with 2 rooms, two people. But we got one room’s service. Bed sheet was dirty,
Bathroom was not up to mark. Food was testy but expensive. In three days only one hand wash given. Intercom phone was not working in room number 56. We complained to reception, they told technician will come from Bhubaneswar it will take time. Given any order for room service we use to go room number 57 for using phone either go ground floor to reception. Every night I used to pay full payment for fooding expenses . on 6th early morning at 5 am when I check out that time reception people told me I have due some money @ Rs. 22 for Tea purpose. I cross check them with my previous paid bill after that they apologies. Only + point is Location is good it is on the Sea beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank Jayantasanyal
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The hotel is right in front of the beach. The rooms are big & clean. Toilets are clean. The staff is very helpful. The rooms have wall to ceiling glass windows which give a fullviwe of the sea & beach in front.
The food in the hotel is bad. But there are a lot of eateries nearby. The hotel has got aguaguard for providing safe drinking water. Its right in the middle of the sea beach market.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea facing rooms from 1st floor upwards in the new block
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family