“Excellent hotel with beach view”

The Chariot Resort & Spa
Ranked #25 of 84 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went there for conference in August 2013, the view of sea from hotel is a treat for eyes. The service was excellent, both Mr Rajeev and Mr. Sameer took care of every details to ensure high standards of customer service. The Hotel is furnished tastefully and equipped with modern facilities.The food is tasty . The Hotel is situated at a distance and this can be overcome by Hotel providing cab Drop & Pickup service till Main Beach/ Main road.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mukesh m
Sanjit P, General Manager at The Chariot Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
I thank you for your recent visit to Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa at Puri and your comments on trip Advisor.
Your comments were shared with the entire team. In fact comments of such nature really encourage our colleagues.
Trust we manage to exceed your expectation on all your visit.
Warm Regards

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recently, we stayed in Hotel Aveda Chariot at Puri.Though the Hotel is situated at a far away place, the concern vanishes once we step in. Front office personnel, notable amonst them are Ms David Smita and Mr. Rajiv Kumar, are very courteous. Mr. Rajiv Kumar exuded warmth which is very rarely noticed amongst front office personnel. Instant rapport was established by Rajiv. Even the Drivers are very courteous and greet you with folded hands saying Namaskar. The sea view, the swimming pool the vacant spaces in the Hotel are excellent. Food is also good. Pick up and Drop facility at Golden Beach is availalbe Free. Hence the concern on distance vanishes.
I will stay in the same Hotel when I visit Puri again.
Good Luck to Rajiv and Smita and the Two Drivers who dropped us at Goldern Beach and Airport.

Room Tip: Ensure that all lights are working in all room if you like bright lights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kiran633

Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comment and happy that you had enjoyed your experience with us. Your valuable comments were shared with the entire team.
We acknowledge your patronage to us.
Thank you once again.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is Spotted on the shores of the Bay of Bengal and included by the quiet serenity and backwater, The Chariot Luxury Resort is an excellent spot where you find all out delight! The rooms are with Sumptuous bathrooms, wardrobe, shade TV with live satellite stimulation & news transmission. Revel in the comfort and space of the previously stated rooms. The stay was surprising. There is a full-utility health spa on location. We were treated incredible and I might as well supplement their best administration. It was shocking and magnificent I truly appreciated the spot. I may need to endorse this resort to all. Thanks for their extraordinary and supportive service.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Sanjit P, General Manager at The Chariot Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Greetings from Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa , Puri

I thank you for your comment on trip advisor and your experience at our Aveda Chariot Resort. Your comments were duly shared with the team and there were delighted and motivated. We believe is providing seamless experience to all our guests and make special occasion memorable. I look forward to welcome you soon.
Should you require any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I did my booking through RGBC as I am a member with them.. my initial preference was Toshali sands as I have been staying there previously every time I visited Puri.. but now I am definitely going to stay in Aveda.

Initially the room provided to us was not that good. Room was OK but was small and since we normally stay in Studio or suites so I did not like that. On requesting the hotel they told me to speak to RGBC and when I spoke to RGBC they promptly assisted me and the hotel authority too. I was moved to a suite room. I understand that 3rd party bookings need to be routed thus they initially told be to contact RGBC.

My new room was great , it had a big balcony (pool facing ), one living room and my bedroom.

The best part was the service standard and the staffs. They are always truly happy to help you with every request. None of my requests took more than 20 minutes (including room service of lunch and dinner) to be completed. The food was good and reasonably priced.
Even at 0400 hrs in the morning I got my tea and coffee served within minutes, as I had an early check out.
The bills were perfect with all my discounts properly passed and without any error at a single go.

The road that takes you to the resort is broken by the sea and so is the narrow bridge that takes you to the private beach so that is one minus point , but who could have hands over nature!!
Also, we loved the location as it was serene and far from the overcrowded Swargadwar (main market/city area). Stay here if you want to escape from the maddening crowd.

Scope of improvements:

1. The narrow bridge that takes you to the beach MUST be re constructed and maintained properly as otherwise it is tiresome to go to the beach
2. The beach , as mentioned otherwise, is not at all private as anybody and everybody can and does come and use it.
3. The pool timing is till 1800 hrs. It should be changed to at least 2000 Hrs , as in such humid and hot weather one would prefer to use it after sunset and in evening.

Room Tip: Rooms / suites on the extreme end corners and pool facing.like # 521 (my room), # 523 etc.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deepa D
SamirDD, Front Office Manager at The Chariot Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa - Puri!

I thank you for taking time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to learn that we were able to live up to your expectation, rather exceed it.
Your comments and ratings really mean a lot to us and this is how we in hospitality service keep our spirits high and continuously strive to provide seamless and intuitive service.

We value your patronage to Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa, Puri and to Aveda as a group. We have discussed your comments in detail in an appropriate forum. We do honor voice of customer.

I welcome you to route your reservation request through my office directly which will allow me to pass all V.I.P courtesies with care and also give me an opportunity to meet up with you in person.

With every good wish,

Thanks & Regards,

Samir Desai
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This resort is too far from the main attraction and happening area. It is at least 4-5 KM from Swargdwar with absolutely no connectivity for tourists. I had booked this resort for 5 days. After reaching Puri, infact the local taxi driver had real tough time in finding this resort. He had to call the resort multiple times to get directions as because we (me and driver ) thought, that was the end of the road. But no..He was asked to continue driving on a non existing road further. As soon as we reached the entrance of the resort, I asked the cab driver to make a U turn and take me back near Swargdwar where I found good hotels at a cheaper price. Yeah I had to pay the first day for cancellation but trust me, it was worth it.
A advice for hotel management: 1> Your resort might be great but the road or the absence of it is in terrible shape. Spend some money on it.
2> Keep a free shuttle which can drop and pick up tourists to the nearest point say Swargdwar from where they can get connectivity to rest of the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mohit_M14
Sanjit P, General Manager at The Chariot Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa !
I thank you for your valuable comments on Trip Advisor.
We missed the opportunity to served you in our hotel.
We found that you did not enter in our Hotel premises and and just saw the road condition you decided to return to other hotel. I strongly believe you missed the best hotel in Puri. We under stand your concern and we already approached to concern authority of Puri Tourism.
we will really appreciate if time allows you to come back to puri avail the best hospitality services of our hotel .

Note : we do have pick and drop facility for Swargadwar, Mandir and Puri Railway Station.

Warm Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The staff is really happy to be working here, hence us guests get the best service from the lovely staff. My room was clean and bright, bed very comfortable, all facilities at 5* standards. In particular, boys from house keeping department looked after every single need to perfection. They were kind, courteous, friendly yet extremely professional. They had done a great job in my room. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
The complimentary breakfast buffet was of superior quality food all served with a smile. ALL the restaurant staff was very keen to ensure my every requirement was met. I am very fussy and had special requirements which were again met with perfection and a big smile. The staff quickly learns the likes and dislikes of the guests and prompts the superb service. What a lovely personal touch.
The hotel is modern and classy.
The General Manager Mr. Sanjit Paul made sure for the comfortability of my stay. He showed me various options to suit my needs. Mr. Paul always asked me if there was anything I was not happy about the hotel - shows he cared about meeting the guests needs. He gave me all the information I required about Puri and where to go. Very helpful and very charming. Great guy!
Would have loved to have listed more staff names, eg. The restaurant manager but did not catch his name. His ethos too was to please the guests. Wi-fi speed excellent. I will be back again.
Only one drawback It was slightly annoying that the road stretch towards the main hotel is in pathetic condition and the management needs to look after.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mantushashi

Greetings from Aveda Chariot Resort & Spa , Puri

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We visited puri recently for two nights and stayed at Aveda.The approach at night looks scary and is on the edge of the town.So land there in the day please.Once inside the hotel is well lit and rooms are clean.The food was a pleasant surprise though the layout sometimes scatters away once people pounce on the food.Probably they need to rethink on how to lay the buffets! The pool was fine and the beach is exclusive and well laid out.You can spend hours on the beach.There is enough security and life guards to help you enjoy the water!That was great.However room service is slow and not to the detail.On the whole a good stay but can be a lot better.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
chariot2015, General Manager at The Chariot Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Chariot Hotel & Spa, Puri !!!

Thank you for sparing your time for updating your experience on Trip Advisor and for your kind words of praise on our product, ambiance, food and service.

Your compliments are a great source of encouragement which will help us further to strive for higher standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chariot Hotel & Spa, Puri on your next visit soon.

Regards,