“puri never felt so great”
Review of Hotel Suv Palace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puri
Hotel Suv Palace
Ranked #38 of 131 Puri B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2010

being a bengali..i have been to puri several times..but this was the best experience i ever had..this hotel is right on the beach.a.nd has the best location one can ever think of..the staff was extremely polite and the front desk was very efficient.i stayed in room number 407 which is on the 2nd floor.the room is very neat and clean and the service is fast.the room was sea viewing and i had the experience of a lifetime..even my father who is a very serious kinda man started humming a song.the food in the restaurant(which is on the ground floor) was quite delicous..i would recommend this to everyone who wants to stay away from the dirty beach and the heavy crowd of swargadwar and yet enjoy puri at it's best.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sourya

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed in Suv Palace from 17th to 21st September 2009. Prior to this I have been to Puri several times and mostly I stayed near old Puri marine drive - in Puri Hotel or Hotel Sea Hawk. Since the old Puri beach is generally very crowded during season, I thought I would try new Puri for a change. So we booked Suv Palace from an agent. The room was AC deluxe room and they were charging Rs 1200/- per night. While booking they claimed that this was a great hotel.

Now coming to my real experience. The moment I entered the hotel I could say it was pathetic. The lobby was dirty and the hotel staff were sitting in the couch without bothering to clear the area for incoming customers who are tired of the train journey. So we had to stand patiently before the lobby manager showed up. upon asked for seating for customers in lobby he casually said that "you can sit in your room after checkin". The behavior of the lobby manager was extremely rude. Anyway we checked in to our room. It had a side balcony that had a partial view of the sea and perhaps that was the only positive side of this hotel. The room was smelling weird and bedsheets and pillow covers were soiled. I had to request them to change the bedsheets and covers but the new ones were equally bad with dirt spots all over.
The Bathroom was really dirty and there were no soaps or shampoo available. I think they expect us to carry everything. Towels were so dirty that I had to go out and buy new towels from the local market for my family.

And this was just the beginning. Another funny thing was, AC did not work from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM everyday of my stay. Apparently they cut out the AC power line at this time to do maintenance activity. I said these are exactly the time I would stay in Hotel and rest of the time I would be outside, and during these times I would need the AC. They said run the AC once when the power is there and keep the room cold for later use :O I was surprised to hear that from a hotel manager. And I was also suggested to adjust my timings for these days according to AC on timings to enjoy the benifit of the AC! I said I am dissapointed with the Hotel management and I would not pay for the excess that they charge for AC and the hotel manager started threatening me for saying such things.

The Hotel staff were completely untrained and roudy like. They had all the guts to ask for money without providing any service.

They spoilled our vacation royally and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Please avoid suv palace at any cost. There are plenty of good hotel in Puri including Hotel Sea Hawk, Hotel Camelia, Hotel Puri, etc. and they provide million times better service than Suv palace for the same or lower rates.

Let them not spoil your trip as well. I should have changed but since I had already paid a heavy booking amount I did not have that luxury. Next time I am staying at any other hotel but Suv Palace.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family