“pleasure of stay in puri”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Shakti International
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Puri
Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“pleasure of stay in puri”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was staying in this hotel (Room No.114 AND 115) FROM 19.2.14 TO 22.2.14. The best hotel with a good hospitality. The " AERO DYNE " Restaurant of this hotel is nicely named for the reason thait it is just like you are in an Air Craft with cock pit view, seat arrangements as if you are in the plane. Morning Break fast which is complimentary is very very good and mild. Night dinner I had in this hotel. All our members enjoyed the good food served very neatly and deliciously. Tomata Dhaniya Shorba was very tasty. Rooms are very well ventilated and all ACs were working very nicely. All the staff members were very polite, honest and sincere. They all deserve special appreciation and thanks for the yeomen service. I recommend this hotel for all the members who visit Puri.

Room Tip: Rooms in first floor like 114 and 115 are very good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We reached hotel at 8.00 AM I reach the lobby the staff was so helpful and prompt that it took me exactly 2 minutes to complete my check in procedure..
during our two days stay at the hotel room clean and big ,the staff was obedient great ... The restaurant served very delicious breakfast veg. the & non veg. For the morning bed tea milk, suger and tea, elect cattle also provied in the room . the beach is in walkable distance, hence is a good option to avoid over crowded. I would strongly suggest this hotel specially to the travelers and also for family visits. .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank K N R
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed here less than 24 hours and am back just few hours ago in Kolkata, but can't wait to appreciate the staff their. My train was late and I reached hotel at 0130 Hrs in late night ; but as soon as I reach the lobby the staff was so helpful and prompt that it took me exactly 3 minutes to complete my check in procedure and get my room keys.. at that late in night the guy who escorted me to my room, even offered tea/coffee... (however I opt to sleep immediately rather..). They were even courteous enough to call and let me know (around 2100 Hrs.) that their restaurant will close by the time I check in ; so to ensure I take my dinner on the way.
I liked the room. Now the pros and the cons (I would rather say scope of improvement as you cannot really call them cons)

Pros:

1. Very close to the railway station. 1 km maximum.
2. spacious rooms with fair amount of natural light
3. GREAT STAFF. They were extremely prompt.. none of my request took more than 5 minutes to be executed. I was having a bad morning (due to cough and cold) the room boy proactively got my breakfast in room, also offered medicines.. much appreciate.
4. Food tasty and I feel the prices were quite to the lower side.

Scope of improvement:

1. Minibar was there with the menu but nothing in the fridge. Ideally it should be stacked with a choice to the guest to use it or not.
2. the lights were of 2 colors: white and yellow, ideally any one chrome is preferable
3.SPA attendant was missing. although I tried to reach him/her only once
4. bathroom fixtures were good but less maintained , it should have been a little better maintained/ changed.

If you are looking for sea view or anywhere near sea beach , this hotel is rather not an option. But the beach is in walkable distance, hence is a good option to avoid over crowded beach proximity hotels.

I would strongly suggest this hotel specially to the business travelers and also for family visits.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Jamshedpur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice rooms, good food, very humble and obedient staff ... everything was up to our expectations during our three days stay at the hotel. The restaurant served very delicious food at very reasonable price as well, so one does not need to go out for dinner after a busy and tiring day. And above all the children also enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rohit14321
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed here just after Christmas for one night and cannot really find any fault of note - only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because breakfast was a little bit chaotic. But room was clean, large, staff very helpful and, contrary to the review below, there was no real problem with English (my husband and I speak no Hindi or other Indian language) - at worst it took a few attempts to make ourselves understood, but we got there in the end. Also - there was a kettle in the room - and the tap in the bathroom or, in our case, the bottles of water we always have on hand.

The restaurant was good - and a very novel decor!

All in all, worth the money and a good clean hotel, especially considering that chosing hotels in India can be a bit of a gamble.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bulandshahr, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Last week I visited Puri. I had selected this hotel on the basis of tripadvisor ranking and reviews. The hotel boasts of five star facilities in three star rates. In fact it is not even a good budget hotel in three star rates. Don't be misled by the lobby. Rooms are dirty and coir mattresses and blankets not better than any cheap hotel. Tea bag and sugar pouches are kept in the room but no electric kettle is provided. If you want to prepare tea, you have to call room service for hot water. You cannot make two cups of tea out of the hot water provided by them. Room service boys understand neither English nor Hindi properly. No buffet breakfast. You can choose out of their three fixed menus which have only two items. I had booked this hotel online for two days but the hotel is so pathetic that I shifted the next morning to next door Ananya Resort, which is an excellent hotel for the same price. The room service at Ananya was a little bit slow perhaps because the hotel was fully booked.Tarang (Oriya TV channel) Pariwar awards night was being celebrated in Puri that day and the the hotel was fully booked for the star cast of the TV. The veg. food at Ananya is also excellent. I did not try non-veg,
You can get a better budget hotel than Shakti International for half the price. I did not expect tripadvisor ranking to be so grossly misleading. R N Garg

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RNGarg
Kolkata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at this Hotel with my family from 7th October till 15th October (7 nights and 8 days) and it was really worth the place to stay for such a long period.
We had been there during the severe cyclone Phailin. Getting continous calls from back home from friends and relatives to come back, my kids are severely frightend. We were confused what to do, as we know even if we take the decision to return back, we are going to surely to get stuck in between.
There was one person who was rock solid amongst all this, tiredlessly moving here and there and directing everyone, just to see that all the guests at hotel are safe and secure and they have no discomfort during their vacation. We are frightend about the cyclone but he like the captain of ship, is thinking just about the guests with some continuos calls from his owner.
Mr Das, the AGM of the Hotel, the owner of the hotel (continuously over phone) haven't met him, and the entire Hotel staff are just marvelous and their continuos lookout for how can they make thier guests happy is something which is you cannot experience if you don't stay at this hotel.
After and during the cyclone, the entire Puri is shutdown, no food, no current, all shops are closed. But even for a second we were not without power, the DG was continuosly on, with the AC and geyser working as-if nothing has happened.
Restaurant was closed for outsiders, but for for us who were at the hotel, it was like as usual, breakfast, lunch, dinner everything was normal, with all kinds of foods stocked by them.
At this stage, we could see most of the hotel was in complete darkness, all the hotels which are near the sea shore have got their guests checked-out.
After the day of the cyclone we saw that all the roads facing sea, had the sea water inside the first floor, the roads are full of sands, difficult to walk forget about rickshaws, auto's.
Amongst all this we found that we took the right decision to book this hotel this time during our Durga Puja vacation, which is very well located in the heart of the city, near to railway station, near to sea beach, on the main road, all facilities available for your comfort and what not. I booked it online by reading the reviews only in the same tripadvisor, where I'm writing my review.
We are overwhelmed right from the check-in to check-out and the courteous staff, textremely comfortable stay at Puri, within budget, extremely nice food, complimentory breakfast, all places are stone throw away, very difficult to found now-a-days.
Once again hats off to Mr Das and his team, keep up the good work and you will see many more such happy customers coming out from your hotel with such excellent reviews.

Room Tip: Any Room is a good room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family