“Pretty Good place when going to Ratha Yatra”

Hotel Shakti International
Ranked #14 of 84 Hotels in Puri
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm actually writing this review from my room at the Shakti. They were extremely busy but the staff and reception desk could not have been more helpful. The room was OK... clean, nice hard bed (I like that!) Traditional Indian plastic-bucket-and-pitcher method for the shower (after a while... I've lived and traveled in India for over three years now - you get pretty good at using this method!) I would definitely try to stay here again when coming to Ratha Yatra... reasonable rates... good restaurant (veg and nonveg - try the full order of Tandoori Chicken and you can take half away and can put enough into the refrigerator in your room to last a weekend! I really like it here... but still... "Average" is as high as I can go.

Room Tip: Remember to BOOK EARLY for Ratha Yatra!!! It sells out quickly!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank fatherkingsbury

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very Good Room @ reasonable price. Okay Service, Reception and Travel Desk staff very co-operative and helping. Overall, Very good experience staying at Shakti International, Puri. Good Value for Reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed in Shakti International hotel for 3 nights. It is a good family hotel and the staff are friendly. Food is decent in the hotel.

The beach is pretty far from the hotel and the private beach is not actually private.

The ayurvedic center can be made better and more hygienic.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrudulaSreekanth
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to Puri recently. We stayed in Hotel Shakti international .The entire staff members were kind and helpful . We should give special mention to those who were in Room service and front Office. The location of this Hotel is very close to Beach also. House keeping was very pleasing.
For name sake they have a very small swimming Pool. Only problem was our Morning Coffee. They open their kitchen after 7 am only.
Over all a very good experience.

Room Tip: You can surely give a try
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

During my visit to India, this year, I made a gamble by making my hotel booking, on line, without having the knowledge of a hotel property or an operator. The gamble paid off and I arrived to find a hotel, which was not a luxe place but a comfortable temple town hotel, which provided what they offered or almost did. I have told them to organize a taxi to pick me up from Bhuwneshwar, which is good 65 Kilometers from Puri and on my arrival, I was provided the name of the driver and the vehicle number, which was waiting for me at the airport.

The room at the hotel was comfortable and furnished with two full beds. Room had a small flat screen television and the air conditioning was good and functioning. Bathroom was primitive but working with both hot and cold water.

The front desk was helpful, and guided me about the auto fares and helped me organize my trips to Konark and Chilka. Advised me on going to Jagannath Temple and Golden Beach, which is just a short walk from the Hotel.

The room service was good and the hotel restaurant, with an aero theme, was churning out good food most of the time. The buffet breakfast was complimentary which provided a good meal to start a day, For a budget traveler it a good buy and can be recommended. Only problem the wi fi worked only in the corridors of the hotel not in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hi ALL
Please dont book the Hotel via Make my trip.
Hotel is good and staff helped me the below issue

THIS IS INFORMATION FOR EVERYONE REGARDING MAKEMY TRIP HOTEL BOOKING
PLEASE BE AWARE, YOU MAY CAUGHT TRAPPED WITHOUT BOOKING IN THE DESTINATION CITY

Details are given Below,

I had booked the Hotel at Puri via Make My trip for my parents.
I received the confirmation call/mails more than 4 times.

My parents had reached the hotel, but while check-in at hotel they got to known ,
booking was not confirmed by Makemytrip.

I called the Makemytrip regarding same. I received the reply saying that- mistake happened at their end.

But this is worst condition in life. We were at hotel reception away from 1500KM from our home town and no hotel booking.

For make my trip it’s a kind of mistake and they told me you can go for alternate option.

We spooked the Hotel manager make the alternate arrangement.

After all these accidents , they had replied sorry for inconvenience.

My question is only if we check-in in the night time then we were in big trouble in life.
Who will take responsibility if any bad thing happened with us.

SO THINK BEFORE BOOKING VIA MAKE MY TRIP

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Travlaler
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Good food, nice comfortable beds, well lit rooms, clean toilets and a Great helpful staff. Near to all major attractions. What more could a person ask for ?

I have been to Puri many times but this one will be remenbered for long. I took my father for the first time to visit Lord Jagannath and it was great. The Hotel had a lot of contribution for this nice and spiritual visit.

Capt Ravender and Family.

Room Tip: They have both double bed and 02 single beds in a room. Select as per your choice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family