“Overpriced, dirty and smelly”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shillong
Hotel Pegasus Crown
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Shillong
Bengaluru, India
“Overpriced, dirty and smelly”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Checked in for a quick day of meetings to find a dirty room, unwashed sheets infused with a malodour beyond description. Had everything changed and washed, and barely tolerated a night here. Friendly and obliging staff who live in a dungeon below the hotel that I accessed by accident when I pressed 0 on the lift menu. Food was a saving grace - a reasonable complimentary breakfast. A fast food stall outside provided same hotel food at much better prices. Access to police bazaar and central location are plus points. Rather expensive for these dubious charms.

Room Tip: Dont bother
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Sureshplan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Siliguri, India
Reviewed May 11, 2013

nice hotel right in the center of shillong. Cozy rooms. Neat and clean. Great bed. Damn good complimentary break fast. Cordial front office. Really nice. Right next to Wards lake, hydri park, don bosco point, presbiteryan church. Kind of a land mark of shillong. If you like travelling on foot and lose ur way, you can reach the place straight away from anywhere in and around shillong. Bar and restaurant attached. I liked the bar.

Room Tip: take rooms with a frontal view looking into police bazar
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited Shillong the first week of March 13. I didn't stay in this hotel but found the bar and the restaurant to be very cozy and affordable.

On the first night of my visit I wanted to hear some live music and so on the advice of the hotel manager where I was staying visited Hotel Center Point lounge bar called "Cloud 9". To say the least the place looked dilapidated and the cost of drinks and food sky high. After a couple of drinks I left in utter disappointment with the size of my walled depleted to quite an extent. On the advice of someone at the bar headed to Hotel Pegasus Crown where at the reception the owner and the manager greeted me with a friendly smile. I was told that the bar was on the first floor so I got on the elevator and headed towards it.

Let me tell all the folks who read this and love their drinks the Stallion Bar was exactly what I was looking for. The bar is well stocked and the drinks were cheap and served with honestly and smile. I loved the place from the beginning and spent both my evenings here. The waiter named Sangma didnt smile too much but was a no nonsensical person. The barman was no different. As you go on having your drinks you and he become more and more friendly. They served peanuts free of cost. What I loved most of all, and I have not seen this in any other bar I have visited all over the world, was a plate filed with chopped onion, green chilli, garlic and lime all separately placed and not mixed. Fantastic, this was free too. The food came from the restaurant downstairs so took a little time but was delicious.

There are a mix group of people you see here. The youth having fun, the business folks doing business and a few oldsters like me just here for a nice and affordable drink. On the night of my second visit I met a professor from IIM Shillong and we got along quite well.

The restaurant on the ground floor level was friendly, efficient and very affordable. The chinese food that I ordered left me nothing more to be desired. I youre alone you can order half a plate. The decor too was very humble and acceptable.

I will definitely drop come here every time I visit Shillong. The next time I will probably stay here as I see from the reviews here that is nice and affordable and the view is far better than the Hotel Center Point.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Ghaziabad
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 28-02-13. Location good. The rooms we saw were are all the same but the tarrif varied for view from the window. Rooms are good but bathrooms are squeezed. We got the good one, or what we felt the good overlooking Police Bazar side. The tarrif was exaggerated but settled after some real bargaining. Service is good, maintenence and cleanliness not up to the mark. Breakfast is great. Meals in the restaurant are average. Bakery shop just outside is good.

Room Tip: 1. Rooms having at least one window with a view is the first thing that should be checked. 2. Bathr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurangabad, India
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Shillong itself seems not a worth place to stay, better stay at Cherrapunji! Any way in given choice, this hotel seems very average.
We stayed here for a night. The rooms are average clean, livable. But certainly not worth for the amount paid.

The staff was also not very attentive, if you does not get accommodation at any other nice hotel then you may think it as option.... just passable.

The hotel has parking slot, and it is one of the advantage.

Breakfast is reasonably good.

The hotel has lift and other reasonable amenities.

Do not over expect!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We chose this hotel because we planned our travel late, and there was no other hotel available in Shillong. Given this background, the hotel was not a big disappointment.
The rooms were spacious, however maintenance is not great, so you face issues, not a very clean one (the same is corroborated in the other reviews also), and ok service, nothing to delight you. The events in banquet actually causes discomfort to the hotel residents, because much of the banquet is in the open with the hotel.
All in all, if you need to travel, and there is no other hotel, then you have to stay here, else you may want to avoid this hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SMITRA_13
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Location of the Hotel is Excellent. It's near to Police Bazaar, best public market of Shillong. Quality of food is also good. Rooms size are little small. Room service, cleanliness is also very good. Bakery items are also available for room service as it is hotels own bakery shop located just outside hotel. For tourist cars are also available at reasonable price.

Room Tip: Executive or Deluxe rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple