Hotel Pine Borough
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Shillong
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Assembly(Shillong)
View Hotel
All reviewshotel breakfastnight stayhotel is locatednice stayshillong cityheartratesbazaarpolicereception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

On a relative's recommendation, I had booked this hotel last week on a trip to Shillong. After reaching the hotel, I realized my mistake and moved to a different hotel after staying a day. The hotel's location is good but that's all. The rooms, ambiance, service is not at all up to the mark. I paid Rs. 2000 for the deluxe room and it is not worth it(see photos). I would not have complained if it was priced at Rs.500-700, but I would never recommend anyone to put up at this place for anything more. The staff are very casual and don't care about the guests in general.
The deluxe room that was provided to me was adjoining to a open lounge which is present in all the floors. The biggest problem with my room was the privacy. There's an all glass window and a huge open ventilator on the wall that is adjoining to the lounge, which means any body in the open area can clearly see the room if say the curtains move. And since the lounge is occupied most of the times by other guests talking on the phone or chit-chatting, with the open ventilator all the noise comes in and is very disturbing. The bathroom is also quite dirty with not even a hand shower.
While other hotels provide complimentary breakfast + wifi for the same price or even less, they seemed surprised when I asked for it.
Overall, lacks all modern amenities, would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had stayed for a couple of days on an official visit and had to occupy single room here. The hotel is located at Police Bazaar and very close to the taxi stand, which is the main priority for people who are looking to move about and around. The hotel staff are helpful, and if you are a woman travelling alone, then it is a secure place as well. You may find that the hotel room, as such, is not so lavish but it is also inexpensive. For me the main criteria is the cleanliness and hygiene of the room and I was not disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business