“Wonderful Rooms, Relaxed Stay”
Review of Blueberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shillong
Blueberry Inn
Ranked #1 of 82 Shillong B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a long pending review for our stay in Blueberry Inn during the first week of December 2012. We had booked just for one night just so as to break our long journey from Cherrapunjee to Guwahati, but we couldn't resist the rooms that we extended the stay for one more night. The rooms were wonderful and very spacious with the heated beds adding more comfort. The staff were very friendly and courteous. The food was very good. The hotel is just 2-3 min walk from Ward's lake. The front desk is really helpful especially Mr.Pradeep who goes out of the way to make the guests comfortable. In our case since we had booked for just one night and wanted to extend our stay by another day, he had to call all the guests who had booked the rooms to find out if there would be any cancellations that we could use and finally managed to get us a wonderful room for the second night. He also arranged for a taxi driver for our travel in Guwahati. All in all wonderful room, nice staff, excellent front desk managers and good food.

Room Tip: The room behind the front-desk is the best if you can bear a little noise occasionally from the fron...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very Lovely place in heart of shillong. 2 mins walk from Wards Lake. We book in advance via email. The room rate was was bit costly for off season as I booked via online. The view from our room was great. ( pine forest) but front side room does not have a great view. The staff is courteous and helpful and HOSPITALITY is superb. It was perfect for our honeymoon trip. You can ask for Mr. Ryan in the front desk. He arranged all the vehicles for our travel plans in a good price. The trip to barapani or umium lake was awesome.

In case of food, it will be better if the add some tanduri or kabab item .. but otherwise the food was superb and quantity is enough for two people.

I did some advanced payment via online but that was not excluded from our final bill and I paid all the amount in hurry during check out. When I realized the mistake then I was already in way to Guwahati. I called the hotel and told them about this. They confirmed that it was a mistake and they will return the money in my account.

I was thinking that may be I have to follow up with them for couple of days but I was surprised when they returned the money next day in my account.

I would love to visit this place again and I definitely recommend this hotel for fellow travelers.

Room Tip: ask for top floor back side room. Room 305 was very good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

lovely place and right in the heart of shillong.
2 mins walk to a small lake.

beautiful room (we took the ground floor) and a great bed. very cozy and i found it to be very value for money (about 3000+)
the staff is courteous and helpful. look for a Mr. Pradeep , he will arrange for all ur travel plans.

the food is great but the service is low. oh!! and the breakfast menu is very limited. something they shoud work on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a place, amazing i must say..... Rooms to say are better than many 5 star properties.... Need improvement in bathroom amenities though.... Food is superb, service even better.... Visit to Blueberry Inn made my belief that boutique hotels are indeed the best in terms of service & over all experience... Thumbs up...

Room Tip: Go for the suite, if available....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My 2nd stay at Blueberry inn within 2 months ( Oct 2012 & Dec 2012) has forced me to write a review about this great little property. Very near to most of the must-see places in Shillong and near Police Bazar, the rooms , service, food & HOSPITALITY is just superb at reasonable price. Great Value for money.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pradeep S
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at Blueberry Inn this Nov. and our stay was very memorable. It is like a small boutique hotel. Tucked away in a small lane next to Pinewood hotel,away from the hustle and bustle of the city,it is near the Ward's lake. The rooms are tastefully done,nice and clean with all modern amenities including an LCD TV. The staff is very courteous though a bit slow and even if there are small misses they make up for it with a smile on their face. We travelled with our 3 yr. old kid and they made her feel like a star. They looked after her while we had breakfast, made special chicken curry and Khichdi for her. Breakfast was good but a choice of fresh fruits,fresh juices and sausages would make it even better and give some variety. The other issue is you have to order in advance as they prepare everything fresh and it takes quite some time. So order your breakfast (be it Bread and Jam/ Omlette/ Alu Parathas) the night before or in the morning before you go down to eat. The managers (Mr. Jaiswal and Mr. Ryan) were very helpful. There was no jam for 2 days and the manager arranged it for my kid. Overall good experience and the best part is they are willing to listen to you and make the changes required. I suffer from Rheumatic pain and Mr.Ryan even arranged for a special oil for me. We surely would visit again and also highly recommend this hotel to everyone travelling to Shillong.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the lawn.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to see Blueberry Inn - very well run hotel with good food too. The rooms are well appointed with all modern amenities (tea/coffee maker in room; laundry; etc.) and the beds are super comfy with bed warmers too! The staff is courteous and the service is good. There is wi-fi for internet access from all rooms. Breakfast was good but a selection of fresh fruits and juices and more choices for porridge/muesli could be included to make it more wholesome. It is well located - near Wards Lake and downtown Police Bazaar too. The reception, though, could be made a little more 'international'.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends