“Good breakfast”

Delhi Mistan Bhandar
Ranked #99 of 116 Restaurants in Shillong
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We ended up in this restaurant per chance when we were looking for a place for breakfast. They have good samosas and pooris. I did not care much for the dhokla and tea though. Yes, they can improve on the hygiene front but then, you will remove a pretty big selection of restaurants in India. They have great Bengali sweets. And they are open early enough that you can have breakfast. Come to think of it, we were right next to Assam and the tea was always pathetic.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Average place but that rasmalai was fantastic .. Rs. 40 for one plate rasmalai (2 pieces) .. staff not so good .. you have to pay first and then wait for the waiter to get your food .. I just visited the ground floor section of the restaurant ..

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Must visit for its Jalebi, Papri Chat and tea. They also have delicious sweets. Century old ambience and furniture. Also, I think the utensils are not cleaned properly but then, I really don't care about it. I am immune to such things.

Its the place to visit when you cannot decide where to eat.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We wanted to drop by this restaurant and savor the so called Jalebis for which this is famed for( atleast made out to be). Sure we chanced upon this joint while approaching equally disgusting place called Chowdhury Medical Stores( where in the staff merrily spittoon the red colored pan based saliva with gusto right in the midst of the store itself).
Well, why is this restaurant can be avoided?
- Right infront of the Manager/Cashier: there is a heap of trash that permeates the whole environment right infront of the joint and on all the tables
- No concept of clearing up the tables, or cleaning up the floors or any attempt to maintain the semblance of hygiene or cleanliness anytime
- Its a self-service joint. Quality of food: is not all that great. Jalebis are succulent and fresh: but am not sure about the ingredients for the taste is not all that great.
- We have also tried out their Samosa and Chole Bathura( oil dripping stuff)
- We did not want to venture out with any of the sweets for the whole environment is laden with most unhygienic conditions

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This used to be the all time fave joint for puris n Indian sweets. I always have memories as a kid asking my father to bring home some of their hot, soft gulab jamuns and their sweet, succulent rossogollas. Their crisp, crunchy, sugar laden hot jalebis are still a favourite. Their chaats are not bad either. Diabetics don't be disheartened, they even offer sugar free laddus, pedals and boiled cake. Love the amla achaar (gooseberry pickle) that they serve with their Chhole bhatures. Yumm.....mouth watering. Only drawback..it is a lil disappointing on grounds of hygiene. But I'm sure they can work on that. I've grown up eating their goodies and would also one day like to make similar memories with my children.