Aerodene Cottage
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsold world charmhot water bagscharming placebeautiful orchidsbed warmersbreakfast and dinnerhome cookedhomely feelingbooking processnice homestayhome staywalking distancemaintained gardencare takerrooms are nicenice place to staywarm hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Aerodene Cottage made a lasting impression on us. It's now the benchmark against which we compare other hotels/b&b's. We stayed there for 3 nights in a room that was large enough to accommodate all of us..two adults with 2 young teenagers. Without bumping into each other. Each of us had our separate beds and the kids just loved the pastel colours and decor...completely out of an old enid blyton book. The breakfast was complimentary and very sumptuous...loved the way care was taken to set up the table each time. Dinner, if eating in, would be equally elaborate with a different menu each night. Sharlene, the owner, pottered around in the garden all day, but never too busy for a chat or to help out. Her staff are like a well oiled machine..friendly, efficient and prompt. Nowhere else have I seen staff who make your bed thrice a day. Spotlessly clean, with flowers and biscuits refreshed everyday. Dont think twice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the old house...in the biggest room, which i think normally fits in 1 extra bed but can easily fit in 2 extra beds. Most of the other rooms had sit out areas. There is a new annexe which has big spacious rooms too.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely stay - definitely not for people who like to booze and create chaos.The rooms are adjacent to each other and every possibility of disturbing the neighbours. We were lucky not to face that. Good garden area to read a book, relax. Not for people who want something or the other at all times and who are restless. Just go here if you want to relax and admire serenity.

Room Tip: MIMOSA and LILIUM are two rooms which share a common sit-out area with orchids etc. So if two families / friends are going then these would be ideal.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beautiful vintage cottage that has been converted into a B&B. A traveller's delight. Cosy. comfortable. Great hospitality. We cancelled our booking in another recommended hotel to extend our stay here. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank N1har1kas1ngh
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were to booked for a hotel but after one night there, fortunately Aerodene Cottage had a room spare. It was a welcome relief after our weeks of travel to find this little haven. It was clean, peaceful and the staff were friendly. I particularly enjoyed the great breakfasts and the garden where we spent most of our evenings, in between the short spells of rain. What I liked most was their rooms were just what they advertised on their website. The garden was well cared for and most of the rooms from what I saw had a little space to sit out. Their rates too were quite good considering they had included breakfast as well.

Room Tip: Great place if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adrianstravels
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Since I prefer Homestays in my journeys , that's why when I decided to travel to shilling , I started searching for Homestay options in Shillong also. Unfortunately the concept of Homestay is still alien to this part of world , though I managed to find one Homestay in Shillong called Aeredene Cottage. With high hope , I landed in the homestay hoping to meeting the owners and spend some quality time there with the family which I usually do. But unfortunately the homestay is not actually a homestay it is more like a Guest House. Owner don't stay in that property. I met only the employees who works there. My 1st disappointment. Secondly the behaviour of the Care taker ( a Female ) was rather disappointing. There was no warmth in the behaviour , rather a completely rough behaviour with guests. Its a completely disappointing. I think the owner should take notice of these things as I believe in any of the homestay or guest house , the owner or in case Care taker's behaviour should be polite and humble towards guests. otherwise this Homestay is equal to any ordinary hotel. I will not recommend to anyone who prefer perfect Homestay options while travelling.

Room Tip: Choose Upper Rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends