“The best in Shillong” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aerodene Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shillong
Aerodene Cottage
bangalore
“The best in Shillong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 - and it was a truly incredible experience. The cottage is an old colonial bungalow converted into a homestay with some outstanding landscaping. You almost get the feeling you're staying in your aunt's house or something. They look after you very well. The rooms are very spacious and the food is marvellous.

Plus, the weather in Shillong is brilliant even in summer. The only problem - traffic!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was nice staying in a place done up in the English country cottage style however the food didn't match up to expectations. It was a little too "Bengali / Indian" to go with the overall experience of the place especially the breakfast! Loved the little chargeable hot water bags though!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Hi
I stayed here for five days with my wife during our Honeymoon. We will never regret for choosing this.
It was calm,quiet,homely and romantic.
We loved the rooms and arrangements, ambient, the staffs, and the food.
We were a little surprised since there was neither AC nor fan, but later we realized those are not required.
Some of the attractions like wards lake is walkable from there.
For other places the manager introduced us to a taxi driver and he was a nice person.
Laundry service is a bit expensive here.

Overall it was a nice experience.

Regards
Ashok&Dhanya
Bangalore

Room Tip: Rooms with sharing balcony
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed there for a night with my family. Probably the best place to stay in family environment. The rooms are excellent and they pay individual attention to make sure that one is comfortable. I would recommend this place to everyone looking for a place to stay in Shillong. The room has all the ameneties which you probably get only in star hotels. The place is very clean and very well maintained.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We visited Shillong last week November, and in-spite having very close relatives here we opted to stay at Aerodene ( since had read a lot about on Trip Advisor itself).
The accommodation is cozy and comfortable, gives a very warm feeling.
We had taken a room with small lawn/balcony attached and is worth every penny you pay.
The place is 10 min drive to the famous Ward Lake of Shillong.
I would especially recommend to people who prefer home style cooked food, ( very rare to get on Holiday), to dine here. There is a small dining hall, wherein dinner is served and it houses a Fire Place too to heat up.

Room Tip: Go for rooms with Balcony
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Aerodene, Owner at Aerodene Cottage, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
To all our Guests who have written such warm and kind reviews, a big Thank you! It really makes all the effort worthwhile. We are all delighted to have play a part in your happy experience in Meghalaya and look forward to your next visit.

Sharlene
Gangtok, Sikkim, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed in Aerodene Cottage four nights in December 2012. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Shillong. The rooms are cosy with all the facilities one needs and the little electric kettle for the cold winter mornings and nights were really helpful. The place is clean and the food is quite good, the staff of the place are very friendly and professional in service delivery. Rukma who manages the place has a wealth of information and suggestions for first timers to Meghalaya. The driver-Nanu she arranged for us for trips around Shillong was excellent and very well informed about Shillong and the surrounding areas. The property is lovely and the garden ideal for reading and basking-just that there was very little sunshine when we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarala K
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

All right, I confess: I consider myself half Khasi. I was first in the Khasi Hills a third of a century ago, I'm still in love with a wonderfulk Khasi lady who died a year and a half ago, and I'd promised my wife a visit to the hills if we got to India.

We got to India. And another Khasi friend arranged for our stay here. We did NOT regret it!

When we checked in, my spouse and I were afraid: were we set up with a place way beyond our budget? There's an "ancient" Jaguar car in the garage there...breakfast is included with the price. When we checked out the room, then found out that it's reasonably priced, we were impressed!

Oh, and dinner is optional too. "Simple," but delicious and not expensive. I recommend you put in your order if you'd rather not go out.

Before we got there, proprieter, Ms. Sharelene Das, arranged for a taxi in Gawahati; for those unfamiliar with getting to Shilloing, it's at least three hours from the Gawahati airport to Shillong. It runs about Rs. 2,000, but it was nice to have a driver waiting for me in Gawahti, i.e., I knew I would have a driver, AND one who knew where Aerodene was.

The room: it reminded me of a B&B in, say, Ireland. Comfortable, there's a television. (If you're not into Hindi cinema and Indian adventure, figure out how to tune in to alternatives. As we're not much into the tube anyway, we were able to find a Ben Stiller movie, but over and above that, just enjoyed the evening there).

We were there for New Year's Eve, and the staff prepared a fire outside. My spouse and I sat and enjoyed the fire, chatting with first a Punjabi couple, then another couple from Ranchi. Aside from some young people shootig off fireworks nearby--and they had a thrill of their own--it was a wonderful evening.

Breakfast, included in the room price, was "continental," and delightful. And dinner, if you decide to enjoy it there, was rice, dahl, and more variety than we expected.

Overall, I can't recommend the place enough. We got to know people there; the staff was delightful, the facility excellent.

If you're considering a stay in beautiful, wonderfully Khasi Shilong, I don't know how I could recommend any place with greater enthusiasm.

By the way, the picture is of the biggest poinsetta I've ever seen, just as you enter the facility.

Room Tip: We got a "standard deluxe" room, or something like that. We could have gone higher in pric...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple