Many times we see pictures of hotels on internet that doesn't match at all with the real hotel. Aerodene Cottage is just what you see in the photos. Several good reviews are written here and all are true. We stayed here for 3 nights during durga puja and eid-ul-azha, and it was an amazing experience.
1. Extra ordinary cleanliness, i don’t think any other accommodation would be cleaner than this (we checked quite a few others during our stay in shillong, as we needed two more nights and this cottage was all booked).
2. Freshness in the room, there was no bad odor in the room.
3. Eye pleasing gardens.
4. Tasty breakfast (included in room rent) and dinner (225 Rs p/p) makes you feel you are having "ghar ka khana" (home cooked meal). We were so sick and tired of eating oily and spicy food outside (during lunch) that we decided to have dinner here every night.
5. Exceptional owners (Sharlene & Rukma). They are one-of-a-kind, haven't seen such non-commercial and nice hosts in long time.
Trying really hard to find few bad points: like other people said, yes the room is not huge but it’s ok. They keep the room very tidy, so if you don’t like it, you have to untidy it every day LOL.
We had a problem with water on the last day of our stay, something happened inside the pipe which made water supply stopped in our bathroom. They tried to fix the problem but failed. We had no complain as we understand things can go wrong any time, but Sharlene was so kind to offer us to use her own bathroom (though we didn’t, we used another spare bathroom). Eventually she compensated us for this problem, which was totally unexpected, I wonder if anyone else would do that. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As tourism picks up in Meghalaya, there is a huge demand for homestays in heritage buildings like Aerodene Cottage. Built in 1950 in the Assam style of architecture prevalent during the British Raj, the structure was designed keeping in mind the high rainfall in the region and low winter temperatures. Despite the challenge in maintaining such a building, this boutique guest house provides all the comforts of home, combined with modern amenities and top service, giving guests a taste of the old English cottage. ... more less