My wife and I stayed here in a Deluxe room for 2 nights in Apr'14. I would recommend Orchid Lake Resort.
1. Excellent location, and great views (usually, this is true of government owned properties, and this is no exception)
2. Good rooms that take advantage of the location. Wooden flooring, french windows that afford a full view of the lake, a balcony etc. (this is significantly better than the norm for typical govt. owned properties, which are usually in a sorry and dilapidated state)
1. Indifferent attitude of restaurant staff. Long delays in taking and delivering orders, and a general "I don't care attitude" especially of waiters
2, Food is average
This place has the potential to be much more...if the service becomes more enthusiastic and spirited
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and stay in the very lap of nature at the Orchid Lake Resort. Situated at the banks of the tranquil Umium Lake, in the state of Megalaya (Abode of the clouds). Relax in the well appointed rooms and bask in the beautiful view of the lake away from the grind of daily city life. ... more less