“Avoid this hotel !”
Review of Ashutosh Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Shillong
Ashutosh Inn
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Shillong
Sivasagar
“Avoid this hotel !”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently with family. Not at all a pleasant stay. Hotel run by only skeleton staff ( may be due to off season). Don't expect even a cup a cup of tea before 9 o' clock. The room also had a geyser but the power switch was controlled by the staff and we had to wait for hot water.We had confirmed our booking through yatra.com but the hotel staff told us that they are yet to receive the payment. In all , we felt cheated. The only plus point of the hotel is that it is centrally located.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank rksinha59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Hi All! I have visited Ashutosh inn on Dec 2011 for celebrating New year with my friends. Earlier when I booked this hotel online I have been in a little worry of the fact about the rooms. The Exterior is really bad, One would think what sought of a hotel is this? But after we checked in, I must say, what fabulous rooms we got. Excellent interior decoration, excellent luxury, excellent food quality, excellent atmosphere & off course neat & clean. one thing is for sure, if I could visit Shillong again, I would definitely stay in Ashutosh inn. I am very very impressed.

Room Tip: go for Delux DBL Room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Subhro1986
allahabad
Reviewed June 7, 2011

i simply love this hotel, not far from anywhere, your are always connected from all part of the city. the rates are very much affordable for all classes of people. comfortable stay with a good service. i have no complaints to make. good work ashutosh inn continue your service.

wishes
ali

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank alikhanAllahabad
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Hi,
Really, its my pleasure to be there last time. With this rate its really very charming and very comfortable. Everytime I stay there and enjoy the hospitality. This year they have completed the extension. Of course, guest will be more happy with the additional facility.

My best wishes to Mr. Shardul (Owner of this Hotel)

Be the guest there and enjoy their hospitality.
-Nion

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Niyamul K
Imphal, India
Reviewed May 26, 2011

It is in the middle of the city at low cost. great food, comfortable, a good view of the busy G.S road, good one for great shoppers, a very decent hotel, best interior designing, nice lounge. All needs at the reach of your hand. Thumbs up to hotel Ashutosh Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gambirsingh
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I was thinking where I could spent my holiday. My eyes caught in shillong “the abode of clouds” as its well known. I was keeping to my self that this time my trip gonna be awesome and I couldn’t wait for my holidays to start. As I was trying to search for a hotel for my stay in shillong I found Ashutosh Inn which offered me all my needs and I did my booking then and there.
I landed in shillong on the 8th of April. I went straight to the hotel and it was not a difficult task for me to find the hotel since the hotel lies in G.S road in Police Bazaar. The room was all set for me and I was quite amazed the way they maintained the hotel. The rooms are cozy and have a typical english wooden fill.since I was looking forward for some kind like this. The wood works of the hotel suited very much to the place like shillong and this brings out the naturalistic looks. The overall interior designing was perfect I sould say.
The restaurant offered a mouth watering dishes which you never want to resist. As I came there to have some good time I went to a club and it was pretty good. I went for some seight seeing and I really enjoyed seeing natures beauty. The hotel has a free internet services so I mail my friends and family everyday that was so much fun to do. I enjoyed the whole stayed in shillong and that was an amazing experience of the North East. I am still looking forward for my next visit. Last but not the least I would like to thanked Ashutosh Inn for the comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ravidasti_222
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed March 17, 2011

The cost is less, the comfort is ok. The hotel says they have got kitchen facilities. When I asked for breakfast they said their cook is on leave for 3 days and even getting a tea was difficult. They do not clean their rooms if the guest has occupied it. They only clean the rooms after the guest vacates. Bathrooms are pathetic. Their official website shows a rosy picture. On seeing the photos I checked into the hotel, but it was no where near to the photos shown on the website.

The staff however are very courteous and helpful. The manager especially is very friendly and helpful. That does not serve for the hotel to get the full grade. There needs to be a lot of improvement. The hotel is ok if you are staying for a day or two and are looking for cost effective place.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business